**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Recovery Mastery - Is It Worth It?

chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
So I might have made a terrible error. I was saving units for masteries and bought the wrong mastery on accident (recovery). I wanted to know is it one that most people run (even without suicides)?

You might be wondering how I did this on accident. Well I had just woken up to see we were just shy of a T1A in Item Use so I rushed to spend a few cores to make sure we got it and while rushing I bought the wrong one (the real tragedy is the points I added were not even needed by the end of the event... we would have gotten it anyways).

So now i feel like I may have wasted a full month of unit saving (810 units on 6 cores). The ones I actually needed were Petrify, Pacify, and Stand You Ground. I honestly have no idea why Recovery was on my mind when I was in a hurry but I cannot think strait when I first wake up (and I did it right when I woke up... bad idea but wanted to help my alliance, but again sucks as it wasn't even needed). Hoping it is good regardless... but I have a feeling without suicides it is not needed or the units are better spent elsewhere.

Let me know... and be gentle!! :D:D

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    I run max recovery pretty much all the time, it's a must have master imo. Stand your ground is totally useless for example.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    I run max recovery pretty much all the time, it's a must have master imo. Stand your ground is totally useless for example.

Oh thanks man! I feel so much better.

I did send in a ticket but most likely they will reply saying there is nothing they can do so I am at least happy I did not waste all those units. Seriously... thanks as that is a HUGE load off.
    chev327fox wrote: »

I did send in a ticket but most likely they will reply saying there is nothing they can do so I am at least happy I did not waste all those units. Seriously... thanks as that is a HUGE load off.

If you use champs like ultron, wolverine, x23, or anyone else with regen it's a great mastery
    edited January 2018

If you use champs like ultron, wolverine, x23, or anyone else with regen it's a great mastery

Well nvm... don't have any of them. Guess I did waste my units after all?

EDIT: I do have Nebula an Rouge though. But only those for Regen.

I guess worst case scenario I bought something that "should" be useful later in the game but will stunt me a bit for now (just in terms of units and cores of other things).

Also you said Stand Your Ground is useless... but I should be Petrify and Pacify right?

Well nvm... don't have any of them. Guess I did waste my units after all?

EDIT: I do have Nebula an Rouge though. But only those for Regen.

I guess worst case scenario I bought something that "should" be useful later in the game but will stunt me a bit for now (just in terms of units and cores of other things).

Also you said Stand Your Ground is useless... but I should be Petrify and Pacify right?

Ya those aren't bad, you want them unlocked for sure
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

Actually it’s not... I don’t use stand your ground anymore (I have better things to use my points on) but for beginners stand your ground can be a life saver. During my first year of playing the game there were several times that I would’ve died if not for that mastery. And I don’t use it anymore because I don’t need it anymore but it’s not useless
  • WrongswordWrongsword Posts: 39
    edited January 2018
    Recovery is a core mastery I'd recommend anyone to max it. Champs that regenerate will be core to your roster as you progress in the game, and is essential to a lot of content with long paths like Act 4 and 5 and Alliance Quests. So if you don't use a lot of regen now you will eventually. And recovery is great with any champ that heals.
    Thanks everyone for the replies and for the advice/thoughts! I feel a lot better about it now knowing it is a good mastery even if it will benefit me more alter on.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I agree with @Bahamut about Stand Your Ground. It's pretty clear that both he and @danielmath are very skilled players who fight entirely using Dexterity; and can dodge the majority of attacks. Once you're good enough to do this, you can get by without Stand Your Ground or even Parry.

If you're a less-skilled player (like me), there is still value to both of these Masteries.
  • nishantnishant Posts: 30

well, for iphone users and skilled players stand your ground is useless but we poor ppl with lagful phones benefit very much from it.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    If you want to get 15 points in defence to unlock willpower etc. then I recommend maxing out block proficiency, recovery and ... physical resistance. The latter is probably controversial, but it's been proven to be a pretty reliable 5%+ damage reduction, which is nicer to have than the almost worthless perfect block and stand your ground masteries, which are really only good for raising your PI.
  • Agree with the consensus that recovery is a must have mastery.

It’s great when you use someone like Ultron and you can double heal in a fight. Not sure if it’s possible without having recovery maxed.
    You mean the one that increases all healing throughout the fight by 15%? Heck yes. Get it. It’s good
    nishant wrote: »

well, for iphone users and skilled players stand your ground is useless but we poor ppl with lagful phones benefit very much from it.

haha fair enough, i wasn't think about the phone, just the mastery itself
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Recovery is great if you run champs with regen abilities like ultron, voodoo, and wolverine
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Stand your ground is a good mastery and has saved me more than a few times. Plus I’m sure it gets the occasional kill on AWD when opponent brings someone reliable on heavies (like AA for example). If you’re going for willpower it’s a sure staple. But you only need at most 2 points in it, unless you’re going for a AWD-only setup.
    Stand your ground is a good mastery and has saved me more than a few times. Plus I’m sure it gets the occasional kill on AWD when opponent brings someone reliable on heavies (like AA for example). If you’re going for willpower it’s a sure staple. But you only need at most 2 points in it, unless you’re going for a AWD-only setup.

Yeah, Stand Your Ground isn’t the best Mastery but it’s a lot better than most people realize
    Thanks for all the new info and advice guys! This is really helping me know what to go for next.

I will need to re-do my masteirs sooner or later as when I started I unlocked things like extra XP (only becasue I am still leveling and it was way back when I had TONs of extra mastery points I was not using so figured wth until I need the points for other things).

So from what I have read I think I will get Stand Your Ground (couple points). I am only a 4-5 month player so far and still learning things and working on my skill. My skills seem to have plateaued a bit (have issues solo-ing anything above 8,000/10,000 PI+... I usually make a mistake when baiting after awhile or I am too aggressive and attack into SP1s because the AI has instant decision making).

Here is my current mastery setup (still saving for the other few basic ones I want... but only need like 2 or 3 more cores so not long now):

64o6j8.jpg
    2hx64w3.jpg
    2wbvncx.jpg

edited January 2018
    Perfect block is a waste of points ate, 1 point only to open up the next option. Salve the same. It is one extra hit you can take when maxed at most, so just the 1 point again Then max recovery and SYG and jobs a good un!!

XP probably a waste for what it gives you imho as well

Thanks ;) I did know that was not good but that was another I put points into becasue I had no cores to unlock new masteries and had like 8 extra points that were not doing anything (same for the XP like I mentioned in the last reply). I was just waiting until I got everything I wanted unlocked before resetting and re-doing my masteries but I did not want the points to do nothing while waiting and adding points is not expensive ;)