**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5* shards in monthly

SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Given that Kabam will start adding more champs to 5* crystal (thus effectivelly expanding the pool) I think shards should be introduced as monthly log in reward so that it doesn't take a lot of time to farm one up. Maybe for days 27,28 for example. How do you guys feel? Vote bellow:

5* shards in monthly 35 votes

Agree, 5* shards should be a monthly reward
65%
ZukeEtaki_LirakoiHeisenberg07KpatrixNo_More_HeroesBartEb0ny-O-M4wXMEN1994Son_of_Rage1sfu_koraxNirriaDazman220AnfwilksDonaldJTrump69LoPrestiAntgeo1MatthewCSanchezSpooderguyFielder386NotYetShining 23 votes
Disagree, 4* shards should be there
0%
Everything should be the same but the crystal should be cheaper
20%
Legendary_GattoWhododo872CapWW2JayMMSpooderguyLeftTurnAlbqrqeKyrkant 7 votes
5* shards should be put as part of other crystals
0%
Everything should remain the same because 5* are meant to be hard to obtain.
14%
MayhemEffectNeaekFamous_NeckbeardHell_GoliathCASrinivas 5 votes

Comments

• XMEN1994XMEN1994 Posts: 51
    edited May 2017
    But how many shards are we talking about? 100-300? Or more? Once per month or daily?
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    We can start at something that isn't too disturbing given how much of them you would actually need, but yet isn't something that would make you want to skip the logins..suggestions are welcome, the more people join in the better. If it's 100 then it's neglectable,it would take you around 8-8.5y to get one. It has to be a bigger number but not a number big enough to make 5* feel like something easy to get. I'm thinking vicinity 300-350 maybe.
    Once or twice per month would be optimal but if it's twice then the number also adjusts for balance purposes.
  • MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    expanding the pool is not the same as increasing the need for them.
    The need for them will never increase because it can't, they will always be needed as they are this games end game content.Not to mention most of them are needed for content such as LoL (yes 4* can run LoL but why would you if you have a 5* version of that champ). And the actual need was never the topic of the poll, it was the increase in ways to obtain them as the pool increases, please stay on topic.
    I am on topic, you are choosing to be obtuse.

A larger roster does not mean we need more 5 stars, that was your logic in the very first sentence.

"Given that Kabam will start adding more champs to 5* crystal (thus effectivelly expanding the pool) I think shards should be introduced as monthly log in reward so that it doesn't take a lot of time to farm one up. "
    or did you forget.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    As much as I would love to dupe my Starlord, I am excited to see more 5-stars become available. More shards would definitely be welcomed.
    And from "so it doesn't take long to farm one up" you read needing instead of easier to obtain? Needing would be Kabam made everything harder, therefore I need 5* to play therefore I need to get them faster therefore we need shards in monthly. Easier to obtain is pool expands, therefore I have now an option of new 5* version of my favorite champs so I would like a way to get them faster, hence the poll. For futher discussion puproses I will agree to disagree with any of your further comments on this made as is known that you and the person previously known as Websnatcher have been accused of derailing any threads on the old forums.
    edited May 2017
    So then answer how Kabam expanding the 5 star roster means you need them faster, how did those 2 items get in the same sentence? You conflated the two items so that you could create rhetoric.

And considering CR and other issues there is not enough power in a 4* 5/50 to effectively handle end game content? at least until you get 5 star heroes? To top it off if you want more maximum potential (increased ability for CR brackets) in order to improve your abilities in end game content what you need is more Catalysts, not more heroes. Without the catalysts, the 5 star heroes actually have a parallel PI range.

So far every justification you have is not solved by the change you are proposing.
  • C0atHang3rC0atHang3r Posts: 78
    You don't need to get them faster simple because there are more in the pool, but as the game moves toward 5* replacing 4* they should become more easily accessible. This the basic progression of the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I never voted because I agree that Shards need to be somewhat more available eventually. Just not overly because a 5* is still the most valuable Champ to attain.
    I don't agree that having more Champs in the Crystals necessitates more Shards. All it affects is what you roll when you do have enough for a Crystal.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    I agree that we should be getting 5*s faster, but don't think it should be strictly a monthly log in thing. 5*s are going to be the wave of the future. As is, only the top tier alliances are getting a steady income of them. My opinion, the basic 5* crystals should be made cheaper and 5* shards should be more available to players in decent strength alliances​.