**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Scarlet Witch or Dr. Voodoo - Who is the better mystic ?

VenturaVentura Posts: 35
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Our alliance had a lively discussion and I have almost made up my mind, but I wanted to hear your insights. Whom would you prefer if you could choose only one ? Both are at 99 sig. Prestige is not an issue.

Scarlet Witch or Dr. Voodoo - Who is the better mystic ? 178 votes

Scarlet Witch - Max signature
54%
Stara99SnakeEyes69BigMoScnarfAlfa_PigeonCarmel1BitterSteelDarkestDestroyerstakmostlyharmlessnSpity68SteelCurtainMUTMini_GrX_ScottVossler77Bobet22Riise81DropfaithAxeCopFireMoneygrab 97 votes
Dr. Voodoo - Max Signature
45%
Etaki_LirakoiDNA3000DL864KpatrixVdh2008Alex_sc11LocoMotivesthetaman23Dgen411JOHNOSA1995IronDevilGbSarkarLeNoirFaineantHaji_Saabarni2Darkstar4387TillerTheKillerdbrascoNinjAlanSlux83 81 votes

Comments

• VenturaVentura Posts: 35
    Power control seems to be Voodoos' best characteristic. However , the fact that he needs to reach SP2 before activating power control was a bit of an issue for me.
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    I have voodoo 4* r5 and I love him but if SW is max sig she’s a beast. Voodoo is stilll a great champ tho. You can also decrease ability accuracy with the brother Daniel debuff and power burn on the sp2. If you get to the sp3 on an even combo you can basically play like Hyperion and constantly gain power. Add in the regen at the start of each fight and I still think he’s one of the top champs in the game imo.
    But Dr. Voodoo relies on his poison for damage, does he not? Is he any good against poison immune champs ?
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Ventura wrote: »
    But Dr. Voodoo relies on his poison for damage, does he not? Is he any good against poison immune champs ?

Yes! People seem to forget that Voodoo does extra damage with every hit he does when he is using a power burn instead of power drain.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I have a 99 sig SW 5/50. She melts on days 5-6 in AQ. Never use her in AQ anymore. 4* Voodoo is much more reliable. I have a 5* Voodoo also but don't usually bother bringing 5*s to AQ lol. SW is still amazing on lower content but her crits disappear on harder content. She becomes a low damage, low health champ with no regen.
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    I have ...

4 star SW, 5/50 sig 99
    5 star voodoo, 4/55 sig 60

Now, imo, both are god tier but you cannot compare a 4 star SW to a 5 star voodoo. Many dont even know how to use him. Meaning, all people think is spam sp1. His SP2 is powerful. His sp3 when launched on even combo is a huge power gain, and on odd, will knock out their defensive abilities. Voodoo helped me get past the collector each time, by taking down his unblockable sp1 with brother daniel debuff.

Now, that said, SW is who I used to beat act 5’s ultron each time. Her nullify is 2nd to none, her procs for fury and cruelty is amazing! She is STILL a god!

There is a reason SW isnt a 5 star able to be obtained. Imagine a 5 star, rank 5 sig 200. She would have 100% or close to proc, and throw 60-80k+ damage with her sp2 if proc fury/cruelty

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lunchbox45 wrote: »
    I have ...

4 star SW, 5/50 sig 99
    5 star voodoo, 4/55 sig 60

Now, imo, both are god tier but you cannot compare a 4 star SW to a 5 star voodoo. Many dont even know how to use him. Meaning, all people think is spam sp1. His SP2 is powerful. His sp3 when launched on even combo is a huge power gain, and on odd, will knock out their defensive abilities. Voodoo helped me get past the collector each time, by taking down his unblockable sp1 with brother daniel debuff.

Now, that said, SW is who I used to beat act 5’s ultron each time. Her nullify is 2nd to none, her procs for fury and cruelty is amazing! She is STILL a god!

There is a reason SW isnt a 5 star able to be obtained. Imagine a 5 star, rank 5 sig 200. She would have 100% or close to proc, and throw 60-80k+ damage with her sp2 if proc fury/cruelty

I plan on getting 6* SW
  • ApjApj Posts: 2
    Dr voodoo for sure
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Gotta go with voodoo. Heavy poison damage, power burn/drain, nullify that's certain. Regen at beginning of the fight.

As much as I still love SW, Voodoo is better because he's far more tactical. And his procs are 100%, not random.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    She is, and always will be, the one.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Haha 49%:51% when I voted, I do prefer him for aq, but boss killing and questing I like her more for when you hit poison immune, and her 40k l2 crits really are what swing my vote
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Scarlet Witch is better in my eyes!
    I value SW a bit more than DV because of her ability to Nullify on crits. This makes her particularly valuable in certain scenarios like spite nodes [RTTL -4.3] and a powerful counter to annoying champs like Hyperion.
    An even split. It seems it all depends on personal preference.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    At the time I’m posting this there have been 51 votes for each. Just sayin
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    My 3* Doctor Voodoo really got me through a lot of content when I started late last year. It took me having like 10+ 4*s before he had to give up his spot on my roster.... Just loved using him and it is not too hard to play him even for a newbie as his skills are fairly easy to understand (the only hard part was watching your combo counter... no longer an issue but when you first start it can be).
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    It really is personal preference, but also it comes down to which one is easier to use. Voodoo requires some finesse since you basically have to watch his loas and also watch his combo meter to see if it is on even or odd when you use your s1 or s2.

I would vote Scarlet Witch if prestige is not an issue assuming that we are looking at two 4*s and not a 4* SW, 5* DV.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    s7ex4tlef8pv.jpeg

I guess someome at kabam can’t do maths
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Pre-12.0 SW was the GOAT.

Voodoo's better now.

Regen
    Power control
    Nullify
    Poison
    Ability Accuracy Reduction

He is a swiss army knife of utility.

While SW is still good, she's just a hard hitter with good nullify ability (1 buff at a time) and a weak chance at regen.

She's an RNG champ which means you can't rely on her in tricky situations, and she can't reduce ability accuracy at all.

Voodoo takes this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Its close in my mind, but I prefer the reliability that Voodoo has over the higher potential but greater chance of malfunction SW has.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    s7ex4tlef8pv.jpeg

I guess someome at kabam can’t do maths

The forums appear to round down.
  • Scarlet Witch - Max signature
    I think it's a personal preference, I'm still a huge fan of the witch for general questing and boss killing. I rarely even use my Dr voodoo anymore although he would be better for general questing
    It really is personal preference, but also it comes down to which one is easier to use. Voodoo requires some finesse since you basically have to watch his loas and also watch his combo meter to see if it is on even or odd when you use your s1 or s2.

I would vote Scarlet Witch if prestige is not an issue assuming that we are looking at two 4*s and not a 4* SW, 5* DV.

Both are 4 stars. Cannot imagine why SW is not playable as a 5 star champ, considering she is available as a 5 star opponent in quests.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I would say Dr Voodoo because he's more reliable, plus he has ability accuracy reduction which is priceless! If there was a 5* version of SW and you could R5 her at L200 then I think she would be the best one! For now, voodoo is the best (even at 4*), simply because he's more reliable
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    Scarlet Witch's attack is awesome and her nullify ability. She is not the beast she used to be but still one of the best 4* Champs. I have her 5/50 and love playing with her.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Ventura wrote: »

Both are 4 stars. Cannot imagine why SW is not playable as a 5 star champ, considering she is available as a 5 star opponent in quests.

Unfortunately that means very little to Kabam. They have basically said in other threads that Wolverine, Thor, DS, SW, DD and others not yet released as 5*s may never even be released as 5*s due to providing an imbalance of power to the game.

As for your poll question though, I would say Dr. Voodoo. He takes far more getting used to but at 5/50 he will end matches fast and his guaranteed regen at the start of the match will serve you better than the random regen of SW.