**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lag causes and solution

To my understanding, lag is largely caused by large amounts of data being transferred between your device and kabams servers.

To help mitigate your lag, don't ask for help in arena. Each help request is additional data your choosing to send and receive from the servers. That's why it takes a second to process on each tap of the + tab.

The main slow down with arena help request is when another alliance member helps your request. That data they are sending is then sent to update the cool down time on your champs. If multiple ppl help you, then even more data is sent your way, slowing down your game.

It's really not worth all the lag if you think about it. Each help is only taking 1 minute off each champs cool down. So a max of 10 minutes from a 2 hour cool down is barely noticeable.

Comments

• Bump
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    I also noticed that whenever it’s the first day of the aq the game starts to lag ...
    Helping in arena I don’t do .. but I still have lags
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    lag has been prominent in the past month,please do us a solid and fix this, it is happening for everyone on all devices.
  • I've stopped requesting help a while ago, still had lag about the same as before. I went back to requesting help again since I need to grind arena and it made no difference for me.
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    I don't understand why they really need to have this stuff updating while you are in a fight. I assume that's why we get lag. I don't even think there needs to be much communication with the server at all during a fight, except just to send small status that a fight is actually going (game hasn't died, phone didn't lose connection, or player stopped the game) and how much time is left for AQ and AW where fight is timed. And even if there's trouble connecting, it should not slow the fight down.
    Funny how their servers are this weak - that cannot handle -
    - asking for help in arena
    - too many people logging in the same time

Cmon guys ! What else could be wrong
    Funny how their servers are this weak - that cannot handle -
    - asking for help in arena
    - too many people logging in the same time

Cmon guys ! What else could be wrong

Who said the servers are weak?

Gotta be the brain cells then !
    @Hubris_hater as mentioned in other thread fibre lines doesn’t affect the speed of the internet.
    Try one more
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    The long stuttering arena lag problem started last June/July.

The mini-lag and skipped frames that regularly kill us aren't caused by arena requests have been happening a ton since 12.0.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Ive been told Nz and Australia have their own server, I discovered this when I said I was from New Zealand in “global chat” and was replied to by dozens of New Zealanders, apparently so do different regions in the world, so that theory could still be valid. gameplay definitely seems better when aq isn’t being run
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah I ha a pretty good week last week, smashed it some 5.4
  • DannyDanny Posts: 42
    Agree,last week had a playable game,this week back to normal,pile of dog poo...lagging third rate game that I wouldn’t spend a penny on....fix the the game to a consistent reliable piece of entertainment then people might spend few bucks........I’m starting to wonder if this ain’t purposely induced by em....game never ever started to lag and had strangely acting AI like it does now...let’s face it graphics And gameplay hasn’t really got any better than years ago in the days of the mighty willpower and doc strange...let’s roll this crappy game back to the good old days..lag free champs parrys that Work ,Willpower ,synergies and all the champs that they decided to screw up with their nerfs...all for the good of the game..think it’s quite obvious this game has gone backwards....
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    I've noticed that the AI cooperates a bit better if you just allow them to drain your health by blocking instead of trying to evade or intercept. I strongly believe it is designed to be this way. You will be forced to spend units on the harder content. You can either die slowly, blocking everything, or die quickly, by trying to not take any damage with your skillful abilities. Why did they reduce block proficiency so much?
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    I have been using items on map 5 because of lag and champs not responding. Why should we stop to request for help????? Why doesn't kabam upgrade their servers in the first place?????
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    This thread is like

gzadk6r4p3w5.jpg
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    This thread is like

gzadk6r4p3w5.jpg

This thread also contains:

k742660ugjlp.png
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The game should not be updating data in the background while we are fighting. That is a terrible design.