Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

1313234363740

Comments

  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I wish you all would just ignore that guy and quit giving him reason to ruin every thread and any that had a chance at being of usefullness or worth a damn.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing. Which means I'm still exploring him. That does not make me a troll, or a contrarian. That means exactly what I said.

    Wich guest. And why?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    I'm just glad they didn't put Sentry in the 6* crystal...how horrible would that be to pull.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,701 Guardian
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    Dude, we get it. You haven’t come to a conclusion. How quickly are you able to order at the drive-thru?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    So, again you can't give an answer based on what you know right now at this moment like I asked?

    If that's the answer you want to go with, by all means. As long as it ends the persistent line of questioning.
  • Qulcks1lverQulcks1lver Posts: 66
    edited January 2018
    Kabam in the midst of all the 6* champ hype coming out please don’t forget that Sentry sucks and needs to be buffed desperately


    #neverforget @Kabam Miike
  • I had a nightmare last night that I took my sentry to r4 and kept using sig stones on him 1 at a time and laughing. I was watching myself do it screaming NO! Lol it was terrible..... I play this game way too much.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 557 ★★
    Isn’t there a video of a 2 Star Thor rag destroying a maxed out rank 5 sentry?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 875 ★★★
    Apache wrote: »
    Isn’t there a video of a 2 Star Thor rag destroying a maxed out rank 5 sentry?

    Yep by the Analyzer
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    So, again you can't give an answer based on what you know right now at this moment like I asked?

    If that's the answer you want to go with, by all means. As long as it ends the persistent line of questioning.

    It won't. I'll keep asking because I would like to understand both sides of this discussion.

    I haven't taken any side.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    So, again you can't give an answer based on what you know right now at this moment like I asked?

    If that's the answer you want to go with, by all means. As long as it ends the persistent line of questioning.

    It won't. I'll keep asking because I would like to understand both sides of this discussion.

    I haven't taken any side.

    Seems like your the only one giving sentry the benefit of the doubt. That's why I'm asking you where he's useful based on what you know right now at this moment. Thanks

    That's not exclusive to Sentry. I have the same objectivity when looking at all Champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    So, again you can't give an answer based on what you know right now at this moment like I asked?

    If that's the answer you want to go with, by all means. As long as it ends the persistent line of questioning.

    It won't. I'll keep asking because I would like to understand both sides of this discussion.

    I haven't taken any side.

    Seems like your the only one giving sentry the benefit of the doubt. That's why I'm asking you where he's useful based on what you know right now at this moment. Thanks

    That's not exclusive to Sentry. I have the same objectivity when looking at all Champs.

    But this thread is about sentry.

    Yes it is. That's what we were talking about. The point I was making is I have the same objectivity when looking at all Champs because you said I have a different view on him. So I said that's not an indication of a position. It's my midset. Nice try though.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    @Axo4545 just drop it lol. He doesn’t form opinions on champions, probably because he is unable to. Don’t judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree. He’s a very successful forumn troll. The lack of response is actually agreement with most people here.

    As far as the lack of activity from kabam’s side, I think it either means they get the message and won’t defend sentry or his design which may mean they will look at him in the future. Or it could mean they are waiting it out until we give up asking for a buff.

    Either way it kind of sucks. I really would like a response from someone at the company here.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 557 ★★
    grounded wisdom is just trying to derail the thread and get it closed. might want to stop engaging him
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    i dont think 'harder content trigger less abilities' is correct, it dosen't happens with me at least.

    but why he is better them lets say spiergween? wich make him good at questing? is true he gets 1 reality warp each fight, but what this solve? this is better why? the 30% still there and the low damage output still there, the low healing still there
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    edited January 2018
    Apache wrote: »
    grounded wisdom is just trying to derail the thread and get it closed. might want to stop engaging him

    yeaph, it seems thats the case... kabam will close the thread because of this, i will stop.

    he talks and talks but when came to details he lost the way, is a shame, like @Axo4545 i would like to see another point of view (a really one)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    Thalion wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    i dont think 'harder content trigger less abilities' is correct, it dosen't happens with me at least.

    but why he is better them lets say spiergween? wich make him good at questing? is true he gets 1 reality warp each fight, but what this solve? this is better why? the 30% still there and the low damage output still there, the low healing still there

    I didn't deny that he was low output. I said he has more use in Questing.
    The decreased triggering is something I've observed for quite some time now. You can test it yourself by doing Fights in Easy, Medium, and Hard Difficulty. They trigger more with Class Advantage as well. What I noticed is its harder to trigger against stronger opponents.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Kabam in the midst of all the 6* champ hype coming out please don’t forget that Sentry sucks and needs to be buffed desperately

    Lol. 6* hype you say? When we saw the list of 6*s.. That hype took a nose dive into hell.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,065 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Thalion wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grub wrote: »
    Basically he does not have an answer he was being contrary to popular opinion because he enjoys being a troll. He can’t come out and admit Sentry sucks even though he wants to because that would just prove the above statement. If the lack of an answer does nothing more than make him runaway to a different thread to hide it should be considered a victory and just move on.

    I gave an answer. I did not say he sucks, nor did I say he's great. I said I haven't formed a definite opinion yet and I find he's more useful for Questing.

    Questing where?

    Anywhere, really. The carry-over adds a cumulative effect. Obviously it gets trickier with Act 5 and harder content because the RNG seems to trigger less Abilities with harder content and the output is low. Again, I'm just exploring uses. I'm not saying he's great or advocating anything. I'm getting to know him and thinking of applications.

    i dont think 'harder content trigger less abilities' is correct, it dosen't happens with me at least.

    but why he is better them lets say spiergween? wich make him good at questing? is true he gets 1 reality warp each fight, but what this solve? this is better why? the 30% still there and the low damage output still there, the low healing still there

    I didn't deny that he was low output. I said he has more use in Questing.
    The decreased triggering is something I've observed for quite some time now. You can test it yourself by doing Fights in Easy, Medium, and Hard Difficulty. They trigger more with Class Advantage as well. What I noticed is its harder to trigger against stronger opponents.

    Doesn't that go against what kabam released by saying he is better in longer fights? Stronger opponents = longer fights. Thanks.

    Now you have done it!! All the jokes that his fights take so long because he is so bad will start again

    Remeber YOU did this

    :p:p

    He's just contradicting what I say for the sake of argument. Fortunately, I can see it. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.