**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI firing specials before their heavy finishes

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
In aq, I attacked a symbiod right as it was finishing its heavy. It hit me with a sp2 before his animation was even completed. That's not right at all. I catch lag when enemies use specials sometimes and I can't evade or even block. Why not just drain my units away? Might as well with this level of cheating.

Comments

• Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    We can do the same thing, so it makes sense that the AI can too. It's caught me before as well. Gotta watch for it.
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    Asskicker wrote: »
    Kil63 wrote: »
    We can do the same thing, so it makes sense that the AI can too. It's caught me before as well. Gotta watch for it.

Please just spare us from these useless comments when you have no idea what you're talking about...
    Anyway it's a bug with the recovery time that seems to be under investigation. Hope we get a fix with the next update.

Oh please. Don't make yourself sound stupid by criticizing people who are right. You can fire off a special between the hits of a heavy attack. Why don't you try it yourself before attacking a guy who is clearly correct?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

Please just spare us from these useless comments when you have no idea what you're talking about...
    Anyway it's a bug with the recovery time that seems to be under investigation. Hope we get a fix with the next update.

pot, meet kettle.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    This gets progressively worse as the week progresses. By day 5, the AI does this routinely.

I've also had the AI cancel out MY heavy attack with a special. I'll fire a heavy and will get about 60% through the animation (well past the point it would have hit) and the AI fires it's own special as if the heavy didn't even exist.

Sometimes the game gets so bad that the only way I can guarantee a hit is to stun them first. Intercepts fail, combos are interrupted, heavy attacks are ignored (or falsely miss), and the list goes on. Honestly, I won't do the immunity path in Map 5 for this very reason.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Today in aq, the ai parried me. I didnt know they could do that.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I routinely will use a special in between a multi part heavy as it helps guarantee the hit if I'm not having luck partying. So I really don't see the issue. AI is doing something that some players do all the time
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Why are you all reporting @Kil63 it was a genuine comment which is true. Maybe not the same as the a.i problem but seriously...
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Stefff wrote: »

Oh please. Don't make yourself sound stupid by criticizing people who are right. You can fire off a special between the hits of a heavy attack. Why don't you try it yourself before attacking a guy who is clearly correct?

I think the issue is while maybe we could do it... human reaction time restraints would not allow us to be able to do it even if the game mechanics would allow us to (so basically the AI has a really nasty cheating advantage when it comes to reaction time and being able to instantly see your move and then decide what to do afterwards in a split second... for example wait for the AI to have an SP1 and then try to intercept and watch just before your punch hits the SP will go off perfectly... same happens when they have an SP3 and you try a Heavy for example, there are may other more subtle examples of when the AI reacts in an inhuman time, so considering that the fact that we "could also do that" is not he point... becasue considering we cannot react that fast we actually couldn't in actual practice even if we could in theory).
    @Asskicker not my fault you can't do it. And for those of you who think I'm full of it, apparently you've never tried to fire off a special during or right after a heavy. It's very possible. So instead of whining or telling someone they don't know what they're talking about, stop rushing the AI when they miss a heavy but have a charged power bar.
    A lot of heavy attacks, like Hyperion's, have multiple hits. And I've consistently gone from the middle of his heavy into a sp1 or sp2.
  • You can absolutely fire off a special while in the middle of a heavy attack. It’s rare for the ai to do it, but it happens
  • Stefff wrote: »

You are more stupid than he is then. I know we can fire special attacks during our heavy but this shouldn't be the same for AI since it is a very important opening on stun immune nodes and not only.
    I really don't understand this people who probably have no idea on how this game works and think are more clever then others.
    I'm really curious to know how long have you played this game and what content have you finished so far.
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 240 ★★★
    Lets stop fighting with each other and agree that KABAM is again at fault and unprepared to fix these issues in a timely manner. They are either intellectually incapable or just don't give a damn.
  • Kil63 wrote: »
    @Asskicker not my fault you can't do it. And for those of you who think I'm full of it, apparently you've never tried to fire off a special during or right after a heavy. It's very possible. So instead of whining or telling someone they don't know what they're talking about, stop rushing the AI when they miss a heavy but have a charged power bar.

I know I can use a special while using a heavy, but AI shouldn't be able to do it and it have never been this way. I repeat, leave this tipe of comments to some more expert players if you have no idea what you're talking about. What content have you done so far, Act 2? Have you ever done a tier 1 war? Have you at least done the first path in LOL? I'm really curios who am I talking to...
  • CanarioCanario Posts: 167
    Yellow jacket for me is the wirst champ for doing this
    Stefff wrote: »

You are more stupid than he is then. I know we can fire special attacks during our heavy but this shouldn't be the same for AI since it is a very important opening on stun immune nodes and not only.
    I really don't understand this people who probably have no idea on how this game works and think are more clever then others.
    I'm really curious to know how long have you played this game and what content have you finished so far.

Ok so the AI shouldn't be able to do it because it's inconvenient for you? Sure pal. Some asskicker you are.

I've checked your posts and discussions, and all of them are you whining and complaining about something, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised you do the same here. But the only stupid person on this thread is you.

I know I can use a special while using a heavy, but AI shouldn't be able to do it and it have never been this way. I repeat, leave this tipe of comments to some more expert players if you have no idea what you're talking about. What content have you done so far, Act 2? Have you ever done a tier 1 war? Have you at least done the first path in LOL? I'm really curios who am I talking to...

If you were a more experienced player you would know that the chance of getting hit by a special is there and you wouldn't set yourself up to get caught by it.

BTW, since you want to run around calling people stupid, it's "it HAS never been this way", "leave this TYPE of comment to more EXPERIENCED players", and "CURIOUS".

Spend less time in the game and more time in school. Screw you and have a nice day.
    "The AI shouldn't be able to do it because it makes it hard for me!! The game changed and I have to adapt now!! Wah Wah Wah!! Everyone is stupid except for me!!" That's how you sound, Asslicker, I mean, @Asskicker
  • Kil63 wrote: »
    "The AI shouldn't be able to do it because it makes it hard for me!! The game changed and I have to adapt now!! Wah Wah Wah!! Everyone is stupid except for me!!" That's how you sound, Asslicker, I mean, @Asskicker
    What a dumb kid you are. You're arguing about things you can't even understand. Anyway I have no wish to continue this discussion with you. Have a nice day!
    PS. I speak 3 languages, hope you can do better.
    I hope you speak the other two better than you do English. Next time think before you start talking down to people. Goodbye.