**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Special Quests: Trials of the King

FIT FOR A KING

How did the Black Panther become the Black Panther? Like those who came before him, he proved himself in a set of rites meant to test all aspects of his body and mind; The Trials of the King. Thanos’ growing power casts a dark shadow across the Battlerealm, and King T’Challa finds himself reflecting on the lessons of the Trials now more than ever. After communion with the Panther God Bast, T’Challa knows what he must do. All leaders are only as good as their weakest ally. T’Challa must know that you are capable of doing what must be done. You must prove yourself in the Trials of the King.

WE ON NOW

Trials of the King is the collective name of 7 different Daily Quests. Starting on January 31st at 10AM PST, the first Trial of the King - called the Trial of Heart - will become available for 24 hours.

Like M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab, Trials of the King will have ENTRY LIMITS. Unlike M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab however, ONLY ONE DIFFICULTY of Trials of the King can be played every day. This means if you enter Easy difficulty, and either complete or quit that quest, you will have used your entries for all difficulties for that day. In the event that you QUIT the quest, you will also be forfeiting all rewards for that day as well.

For the first 6 days, you’ll be playing through 3 fights in every difficulty, with all those fights having a set of Buffs applied to them that fit the theme of that day. More details on enemies and Buffs are below, but the theme of each day is as follows:

Day 1: Trial of Heart - Fights that focus on Regeneration and Degeneration (mostly regen).
Day 2: Trial of Time - Fights that focus on time limits and time-based effects.
Day 3: Trial of Resilience - Fights that focus on defensive abilities.
Day 4: Trial of Spirit - Fights that focus on Power Gain and Power Drain.
Day 5: Trial of Wisdom - Fights that focus on changing the normal flow of battle.
Day 6: Trial of Strength - Fights that focus on high damage.

Whichever difficulty you complete will always award you with an ESSENCE. Essences are mode specific Boosts that will grant you powerful effects on the seventh day: The Trial of the Infinite. The Trial of the Infinite is a collection of 6 fights - one from each of the previous 6 days, and will allow you to play EACH DIFFICULTY ONCE. It also has increased rewards when compared to the previous 6 days (details on that below). After the 7th day, the cycle resets. This will occur 4 times, with the final Trial of the Infinite concluding on February 28th at 10:00 AM PST. Here’s a handy diagram to plot this out:

ccgrjfrllv1w.png

WALKTHROUGH

That’s a lot of stuff, so let’s go through what a week might look like, step by step.

Day 1 - Trial of Heart appears and you decide to play Expert difficulty:

kbgzwnk3bd4z.png

mn5cb5l47lle.png

You complete the map, and receive the reward, including that day’s Essence - the Essence of
Heart:

ttxoj3rqca27.png

Day 1 has now been completed. If you quit out of the quest you entered, however, you will lose the opportunity to obtain the Essence for that day (as well as any other rewards).

Repeat this Process on days 2 through 6:

jq0uj792tvpa.png

When Day 7 appears, you will be able to enter each difficulty once:

uhqbttamqm31.png

These fights WILL be harder, but rewards will also increase. In these quests, you will be able to activate your Essences from Days 1-6 to give you an edge. Essences only last 30 minutes however, so make sure to use them when it counts!

ijp5f0s8kdc1.png

And that’s it! Once the Trial of the Infinite is complete, the Trial of Heart will return and a new 7-day cycle will begin!

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    This sounds unique, fun and challenging, even more so than the MODOK's lab. I would love to see how it plays out for us, pretty excited myself!
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Killmonger and Gladiator Hulk, I like it when they reveal the champs in these pics for an upcoming event, it starts the Hype train.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I like that you maded this once per day only and with less fights than MODOK's lab. The rewards seem to be "ok", but there aren't any T2alpha fragments included.

Also, is Killmonger really "TChallasPet" ?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    So is it an equal chance at prem shards and an ultimate Wakanda crystal?
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Can those boost be used in new Jordan’s challenge?
  • arni2 wrote: »

Nope! They are mode specific, meaning you can ONLY use them in the Trial of the Infinite.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Can I play on day 7 if I don't do any of the other days?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    master88 wrote: »
    what about the energy cost for this events ? will it be also like modok labs where there was no cost of energy ?

It's in the picture. 1 energyfor beginner and +1 for the next difficulty (4 in Master difficulty)
  • master88 wrote: »
    what about the energy cost for this events ? will it be also like modok labs where there was no cost of energy ?

It's in the picture. 1 energyfor beginner and +1 for the next difficulty (4 in Master difficulty)

The picture is accurate. I forgot to include this in the original post - I will update now! It's 1, 2,
    3, 4 Energy for Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert respectively.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    master88 wrote: »
    Cost 4. Energy for Master. So No wuld not
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    arni2 wrote: »

Nope! They are mode specific, meaning you can ONLY use them in the Trial of the Infinite.

Great!
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I love these events but now since 5*’s are much more common you guys need to make these a lot harder. I enjoy a good challenge & these aren’t in the least bit hard any more, please make them difficult for r4/5 5*’s not 5/50’s(still easy with them) I remember the Coulson event was so difficult I miss that!
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Why are you only letting us do 1 difficulty?

That sucks a little bit, should let us do them all if we wish to
  • Can’t wait. Kabam are the best.
  • kvargakvarga Posts: 15
    WAIT DOES THIS MEAN THAT THEIR IS AN INFINITY STONE IN BLACK PANTHER THE MOVIE? :smile:

Storm? Mutant in the movie too?
    Whoever made the Wisdom day nodes, you are pure evil and I hope you know that
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    edited January 2018

That's been a node before. I remember Elektra having it in an Act 4 quest.

Edit: It's called mesmerize

That's been a node before. I remember Elektra having it in an Act 4 quest.

I am well aware of this, and the expert difficulty has it with Bane. This pure evil