**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Beating stacked Iron man regen?

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I used SL and hype mostly. You must be doing something wrong because even when I had to bait specials he never got more than 2 or 3 stacks of regen on him. It's was never for thousands of health until I got to his arc overload.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Just wanted to agree with the suggestion someone made above of Civil Warrior, if you've got him (and ranked to a reasonable level). Heal block with no power required; which you can fairly easily extend through the fight by spamming S1/S2 before losing power (and stacking up unbreakable armour as you do). He's very underrated, and ideal for this sort of opponent.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    65-70 combo with SL will take him down
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    Hyperion. You can't parry and stack furies but he is still a monster against this guy. Forget about the regen and just focus on taking him down. Iron man is easy to evade. Try not to let his regen buff get to you , it isn't even that much.
  • Pice
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    @Dhruvg

I'm getting better at intercepting. That's not problem. My problem is when Ironman stands in the corner blocking and quickly stacks 3-4 regeneration buffs because he regenerates the health Ive taken away very quickly. I can hit him 80 times and get no where because he regenerates it back. I am going to use my SL though because I can easily get combos of 200-300.

Use someone who can either make him bleed or hit hard class advantage could be benefiicial as well
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I used SL and hype mostly. You must be doing something wrong because even when I had to bait specials he never got more than 2 or 3 stacks of regen on him. It's was never for thousands of health until I got to his arc overload.

I may have been hanging back too much but I don't know how to take them down quickly when I can't parry. I can get the job done even if they are stun immune because I can intercept, but I usually wait for them to attack when I intercept. Like I said earlier, every other champ hasn't given me any trouble, just when he stacks the regen. I can get it back down, but when baiting he stacks a few and I don't get anywhere. Thanks for the tips everyone!

@Shrimkins

When I was fighting Iron Man every stack of regen was like 340 health per second, so 3 stacks was over 1000 health per second. And considering it only takes him 2 seconds to gain a stack of regen, that means, not hitting him for just 6 seconds results in him regenerating over 1000 health per second...thats what I'm saying. Unfortunately I don't have Hype either. Lol But SL will work for me
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Anyone tried Morningstar? Let him stack and few heals and wreck him with the L2. As a bonus, his heals should also give MS a permanent regen if awakened
    @GbSarkar

I think I read in one of the threads someone mention using her, but I don't have her so I don't know personally.
  • Guily with mystic dispersion should do the trick
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Cyclops
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I soloed that fight with drax..
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I used a 3/55 Angela and she ate him up for a midnight snack. just have to be aggressive
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    edited January 2018
    @Spurgeo14 your roster is limited.. As such, simplest thing is to use a bleeder with DESPAIR mastery. Black panther would work great for instance, with all those stacks of bleed, regen will be negligible.
  • Jmd82Jmd82 Posts: 60
    Gwenpool bled him to death was the easiest fight overall so a heavy bleeder is the way to go
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    Magik Magik Magik
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I used my 5* R4 Gwenpool. If you have a champion who has really high attack or can deal high DoT abilities, you can afford Iron Man's regen for a few seconds since you will outdamage him, provided you play semi-aggressively. Gwenpool was a viable option for me because her bleed + armour break easily outdamages Iron Man's healing with aggressive play of combat.

I also used my 4* AA sometimes, the neurotoxins work, but you need to make sure you don't get whacked due to the class disadvantage.

A lower gwenpool would also work, use SP2 for power control and then go all out on him stacking bleeds and suppressing his heal timer while not giving him any energy.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    I used cm but sl working also
  • I don’t know if someone has said it yet, but I think Yondu is going to the mvp for this event. He can healblock with his S1 and armor break, also he has the ability to steal armor ups wich will be useful against the War Machine and Black Panther CW.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I don’t know if someone has said it yet, but I think Yondu is going to the mvp for this event. He can healblock with his S1 and armor break, also he has the ability to steal armor ups wich will be useful against the War Machine and Black Panther CW.

I don't think so. He's an interesting choice for Iron Man, but he's not bleed immune making him a less than optimal choice for BPCW, and his armor steal isn't as interesting against War Machine as, say, Voodoo vaporizing him with his own buffs in the first twenty seconds of the fight.
  • Bullfighter77Bullfighter77 Posts: 68
    If you have Mordo use his special two. That reduces healing by 70%,i think. But still use his special 2 then special 1. Besides his power should help
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I went through the new MJ challenge once just to get a feel for it. Then I did the hardest path and took everyone down except Iron Man no problem. But his regen is insane and power is drained so who do I use to beat him? I thought of Guillotine but again power drain is problem. Would Yondu be the best option? Or who?

https://youtu.be/NXbFPRrH-gs

Dr. Voodoo
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited January 2018
    I ran the last path with no items, and drax is whom I always used against Ironman. He's a r4 5☆. He works great because his medium attack is two quick hits and removes the regens quickly. When he would hit his normal regen at 15%, I was able to ko him with a quick sp1 and he couldn't get his regen back to half health, died pretty quick despite the big regen. I could solo him when the game was behaving and not lagging like it usually is.

I would usually open with iceman against BP, then drax against BW, Dr Voodoo against warmachine, AA against falcon, and then drax against IM.

Once you get to CWBP, any of them work as he's fairly easy to fight. I did it with drax, iceman, AA...they made it easy and would usually solo or get close. Drax was the only 5☆, I brought 5☆ ronan too, but only used him if I messed up, all the others are just r5 4☆s.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Voodoo and gilly both work well.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    What I used:

X23 for BP. Simple fight, bait heavies and bash away. His was one of the longer fights, not sure why.
    AA for BW. Just parry-heavy. Really fast fight once you get a couple neurotoxins going.
    Voodoo or Scarlet for War Machine. Only need 2-3 hits until you get to Voodoo's SP1, then you convert most of WM's buffs to poison. Game over. For Scarlet, just push to her SP3, then you clear all of his buffs which pushes you immediately to her SP2 again. Just keep spamming her SP2.
    AA for Falcon. Same strategy as BW.
    Hype and Gwenpool for Ironman. Spam Hype's SP1 was the fastest of the two, but I couldn't ever finish the fight with him, so I finished with Gwenpool.
    BPCW was just as easy as the others. Fastest approach was AA parry-heavy even though I still took bleed damage.

Overall the hardest fights were BP and Ironman. BP seemed to have really high armor and the fight was much longer than it really should have been. Ironman's regen was never really insane, but it was always just enough to require 200+ hits
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    Take in Red Cyclops...duh
  • I used 4* starkey on Ironman....get 10poise charges at start and bash him to death....taunt will easily help u bait sp.1s all day long