**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

DV, SW, or GP for Act 5?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited January 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I am currently sitting at 5.2.1 and haven’t tried yet. I’m not really concerned with AW/AQ as of right now. Mostly my plan is to get Uncollected so I can do master and Uncollected event quests. Not much else because I don’t have a huge amount of time. Then there was the awakening gem offer! Now I can awaken DV, SW, or GP. I have 50 generic stones and a handful of class ones (not more than 10). Who would be most effective for 5.2?
Edit: I would only awaken GP to sig 1

DV, SW, or GP for Act 5? 63 votes

Scarlet Witch sig 56
36%
BigMoMMCskippyZeke_the_XbotsupermanMKZAlfa_Pigeonbelli300Superman69Random_Noobsbb75HENRIQUE_FORTEAnonymous346Deadpool_42422112vinniegainzKamalaWantsToPlayTooCloud99999ElitehunterInbaBahamutN1GHT0WLSXFA_Rebooted 23 votes
Dr. Voodoo sig 56
44%
DL864Shynight00sfu_koraxSmokinSurferTeezezTortoigAfridDanicb94Primmer79Daredevi1Fan7Zane22GAM3RGUYAlpha07zero7D_Ace_71KenshioRixobDrewbe14DTMelodicMetalLunchbox45 28 votes
GP
19%
Erza_ScarletDoctorAntManAlphaKratosTheMageHunterAwesomeKyloRenSharkJawsVinitlalka1988TheOneAndOnlySpiritOfVengeanceMr_mc_person34Hammerbro_64ghostgigi2 12 votes

Comments

• RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Dr. Voodoo sig 56
    All are good options but Voodoo you will use most
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    GP
    Can u guys go into detail about it? I know what they do, but you could say “this is effective because_____”
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Dr. Voodoo sig 56
    I used SW and DV a lot, I Don't have GP. All the routes that "gain fury when x" or "Gain resistance when x" are buffs that can either be converted by DV or nullified by SW, both feeding MD
    GP
    Ok @Primmer79 . I have 3/5 MD by the way
    Dr. Voodoo sig 56
    Ok @Primmer79 . I have 3/5 MD by the way

MD was kind of a side note in my comment. The furies stack up and can make them unstoppable (I believe 5 furies = unstoppable) where SW and DV can just convert them. Then there is one that keeps building resistance to whatever you use against them. Both champs would get rid of it. Also, they are just one path on every map, so have to consider everything.
    GP
    Wait what??? Where is unstoppable coming from? SW? @Primmer79
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Scarlet Witch sig 56
    I voted for SW, but she and DV are both great options for all aspects of the game.

The Chapter 2.2 in Uncollected this month had a money grab Hyperion with power gain and power gain on top of power gain as boss. The only times I solo'ed him were with SW (mine is level 99 --- so results may vary). You're at the mercy of RNG, but in those matches where you need power drains/locks and you don't have time to charge up 2 bars of power (Majik, DV, CW, etc.) you at least have shot with SW. Starky only postpones the L3 once and you don't have a chance to recharge your heavy power drain before you're L3'ed into dust.

That being said, DV is solid pick too! When he's duped and you chuck an L1 at an opponent and the "spirit venom fountain" hits the opponent on an even combo number, you transform all of their buffs into spirt venom debuffs. I've watched AQ Groots wither when you hit him with an L1. DV gets you consistent healing.

I may think SW is better all around just because of preference. She was my first true god tier champ.
    Dr. Voodoo sig 56
    Rage
    - Damage taken in a single hit is capped at 2.5% of Max Health. When damage cap is reached, gain a Fury Buff. Upon reaching 5 Fury Buffs activated by Rage, attacks become Unblockable.

- Here, your strategy should be to avoid burst Champions and focus on bringing Utility or Damage Over Time Champions. These Furies CAN be nullified, which will bring the champion out of their Unblockable state.

@Hammerbro_64 unblockable*
    GP
    Bump because I want a little more peoples opinions on this
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch sig 56
    Go with DV or SW but if you do go with SW get her to sig 99 ASAP.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    GP
    Honestly in act 5 I found Voodoo to be useless. And I only used SW in 5.3. Gwenpool in the other hand was MVP for me (the 4* version). Her damage output and ability reduction is very very handy in act 5. Magik is a better option than Voodoo and SW for act 5, no argument.

If your purpose is for act 5 alone then I suggest you do Gwenpool.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    GP
    MASTERY ASSASSINATION GOR FOR GP
    GP
    Voodoo can basically do what Magik can do so please elaborate why Magik is better. His ability reduction is overall better than GP as well, so I'm confused. Do you know what DV does and how to use him? Argument, definitely argument
    Voodoo- Good damage, heal, ability reduction, power control, nullify
    Magik-Power control, nullify
    SW- Some random stuff might sometimes help you, nullify
    GP- very good damage, ability reduction

Simply because Magik is much straight forward and easier to use than Voodoo at least in act 5 because of the nature of the nodes. Bane, power reserve, cornered, etc are better dealt with by Magik than Voodoo.
    The way I view act is about using champions that are straight forward to use and don't require any complicated mechanics, champs like AA, Blade, Iceman, Gwenpool, Magik and Starlord. But that is just my opinion.
    GP
    @Erza_Scarlet @SmokinSurfer I already have Magik r5 sig 64, and I know she is a beast. I’m not really planning to go thru 5.3 til I get decent 5*.
    GP
    @Erza_Scarlet @SmokinSurfer I already have Magik r5 sig 64, and I know she is a beast. I’m not really planning to go thru 5.3 til I get decent 5*.

I will still do Gwenpool if your purpose is act 5.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch sig 56
    What are you talking about? You can't to master mode with out being uncollected. I do master mode every month and I am not uncollected.
    edited January 2018
    GP
    What are you talking about? You can't to master mode with out being uncollected. I do master mode every month and I am not uncollected.

I don’t want to grind thru heroic to get to master. I don’t have a whole lot of time/ I’m lazy.

On a side note, I just voted GP so I could see the poll quicker
  • What is your current team?
  • If I put my opinon I would ellimate DV.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★

He’s talking about Uncollected mode in the monthly quest. It is a level higher than Master mode with better rewards. You have to be Uncollected to see it. And you don’t need to do anything to unlock it.
    edited January 2018
    GP
    Eaglehero2 wrote: »
    What is your current team?

lsl39i61li83.png
    p28o9py4h1li.png
    v9jrtzuy1aij.png
    t6wb3wx7j4zj.png

This is from a few weeks ago. Pretty sure it’s up to date except 5* Elektra who is now 2/35