**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dr voodoo dash back still short [Under Investigation]

BrotherVoBrotherVo Posts: 88
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Please solve it kabam, voodoo is a great pg but the short dash back makes really hard to play with him. In war you trigger dexterity more time than a normal pg, so against a mystic with MD 5/5 is impossible to fight. This make a nosense for my 6.5kk in lord of the loa arena
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    He was fixed, then all of a sudden reverted back to how he was before he got allegedly fixed. I posted about this on the forums, & have not received an official response to it. His backwards dash IS short again.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    I have no problem with my voodoo, leave him the hell alone before something else pops up for him.
  • BrotherVoBrotherVo Posts: 88
    It's true, with 13.0 they fixed it, since 13.1 his dash back is bugged again
  • I've been experiencing this dash back problem as well after having it fixed temporarily with 13.0 it's been back with 13.1.1 and it has been killing me in AQ.
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    I had to bench my voodoo. When AI gets crazy in day 4 and 5 he just can't get away.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey all. Sorry that you are seeing this issue with Voodoo's back dash. I'm taking this to the team, and I'll get back to you once I've got an update. Thanks!
  • MalekithMalekith Posts: 29
    edited June 2017
    Thought I was buggin lol. So much faster since the double evade fix that I kinda just ran with it.
    Don't stop at voodoo. Arch Angel is the worst of the floating back dashing bugs. Tell the team if they fly their broken.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Hey everyone. I'd like to get a bit more information about this for the team. Can you let me know:

Device used
    Opponents Champion
    Details of the encounter

Thanks!
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Actually voodoo dash back is way way better than AA his dash back is horrible I have a iPhone 7plus!
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Please fix arc angel
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I have seen it withhe following champs as of late:
    Wolverine
    Ultron
    Doctor Strange

It is like the left back is acting like a right back (which the right back was the short dash back). The left was a much longer jump back. You would use the right to avoid a charge and immediate start a light attack to hit the opponent.

Android 7.0
    S7 Edge
    Galaxy s2 Tab
  • BrotherVoBrotherVo Posts: 88
    I have this problem against the great part of champs, use an old device, but the rest of game still going well enough
    Note 3
    Android 4.4.2
  • Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'd like to get a bit more information about this for the team. Can you let me know:

Device used
    Opponents Champion
    Details of the encounter

Thanks!

I use an iPhone 6 and a Nexus 6P, both running latest software.
    It happens against opponents really, but it's very obvious against champs who have forward moving specials or heavies.
    Rocket Racoon's l1 becomes very hard to evade if you're at his face when he launches it (you evade the first part and almost always get caught by that last lunging punch), Cap's l1, nightcrawler's heavy and psyclock's heavy all have similar issues and many others as well. You just have to fight Rocket Racoon back to back once with Voodoo and once with any champ who doesn't have the issue (Starlord for example) and you'll notice that issue when baiting his l1.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited June 2017
    Android S6 edge.

Facing AA on map 5 expert tier.

Has happened with SW, DS, wolverine and Miss Marvel (normal). Short dash back against the heavy.

Same thing happens with Hood.and Aboms heavy, same map, same characters. Probably about 25-50% of the time. Theres a split second lag in the animation and either the dash is too short or the heavy reaches too long.

Definitely a game issue. Not my skill level !
  • grubletgrublet Posts: 7
    I know they must be aware of these already. I've seen several forums complaining about it.
    It's not just voodoo. also x23 and DS, bw, phx. I don't think it's the character actually. It's more about the game camera lagging.

(1)The attacker scooting forward when I'm out of attacker range mid swing like they can fly or something else stupid. Happens on roundhouse kicks and backflips. Midway thru the attack, the attacker will suddenly scoot severely forward in order to make contact.
    AND
    (2)The running me down from across the screen when I'm evading/double evading/evading-blocking. The camera zoom limits how far away I can go and when the attacker dashes at me from far away, and I evade, I hit an invisible wall Bcuz the camera isn't adjusting as fast as the attacker is charging. And then I'm not allowed to block nor complete a double evade.
    AND (3) complete misses when I swing at the attacker. I swing and instead of connecting, the enemy will glitch away on a minute scale (as if there were two opposing magnets between my fist and their head). This gives the enemy a freebie to unload a six combo on me since he didn't technically have to block. Part 2 to the attacking issue is that when the enemy has moved away and I attempt to dash attack, my champion many times won't register that the enemy is far away and will just swing a missing kick instead of running forward.
    And (4)what happened to fixing DS v Hyp issues??? His debuff spells are popping up but Hyp still isn't being affected. This is BS!
    The first issue happens every 8-9 matches. The second happens every 4-5 matches. The third happens at least once if not several times a match every other match or so. The last issue is every fight between DS and Hyp.

Some way to earn awakening stones would almost make up for this horrid 12.0 patch job and super glue fix you guys rolled out.
  • grubletgrublet Posts: 7
    iPhone 6s
  • grublet wrote: »
    I know they must be aware of these already. I've seen several forums complaining about it.
    It's not just voodoo. also x23 and DS, bw, phx. I don't think it's the character actually. It's more about the game camera lagging.

(1)The attacker scooting forward when I'm out of attacker range mid swing like they can fly or something else stupid. Happens on roundhouse kicks and backflips. Midway thru the attack, the attacker will suddenly scoot severely forward in order to make contact.
    AND
    (2)The running me down from across the screen when I'm evading/double evading/evading-blocking. The camera zoom limits how far away I can go and when the attacker dashes at me from far away, and I evade, I hit an invisible wall Bcuz the camera isn't adjusting as fast as the attacker is charging. And then I'm not allowed to block nor complete a double evade.
    AND (3) complete misses when I swing at the attacker. I swing and instead of connecting, the enemy will glitch away on a minute scale (as if there were two opposing magnets between my fist and their head). This gives the enemy a freebie to unload a six combo on me since he didn't technically have to block. Part 2 to the attacking issue is that when the enemy has moved away and I attempt to dash attack, my champion many times won't register that the enemy is far away and will just swing a missing kick instead of running forward.
    And (4)what happened to fixing DS v Hyp issues??? His debuff spells are popping up but Hyp still isn't being affected. This is BS!
    The first issue happens every 8-9 matches. The second happens every 4-5 matches. The third happens at least once if not several times a match every other match or so. The last issue is every fight between DS and Hyp.

Some way to earn awakening stones would almost make up for this horrid 12.0 patch job and super glue fix you guys rolled out.

But no, this is not the same issue. The camera angle limitation has been there since the beginning of the game, the interface has a limit on how far to zoom out, you just have to adjust to it. This is in no way the issue being discussed in this thread.

This thread is specifically about Voodoo's dash back distance being short, even in close zoom.

Also, the other issues you mentioned are not related to this thread whatsoever. Please only discuss a specific topic in each thread so that each problem gets its needed attention, don't hijack threads for other reasons.

Back to the topic: Kabam, any updates on the Voodoo issue?
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    edited July 2017
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Device used
    Opponents Champion
    Details of the encounter

Thanks!

Device: iPhone 6
    Opponents: AQ Opponents (Map 5)- tech path, Mystic path with Magik, Hood and Voodoo.
    Details: Each time I play AQ, I use Dr. Voodoo. I have never seen an improvement in his dash back, even after the updates.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    I have voodoo as my work horse, and I cant really say ive had a problem. you have any videos that show this? so I can become more aware.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Any word on voodoo being fixed? I keep dashing back and being caught when using voodoo.
    Some examples
    Cable heavy catches voodoo after dodging back
    First part of falcon sp2.
    2nd part of vultures sp1
    2nd part of BPCW sp1

There are plenty of examples where voodoo dash being shorter then others as he is always barely caught in situations where others aren't doing the same dodges
  • StatProfStatProf Posts: 2
    I notice a similar thing with rogue.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Device iPhone 8
    Dash back is too short, got hit with a heavy from venom. Did one dash back and I was still in his heavy range.
  • Happens with Phoenix and Ultron also. Happens in all device types I’ve used, happens on every encounter. Their back dashes are just too short. Environment, device, encounter, opponent have no impact.
  • Vintage773Vintage773 Posts: 59
    How is this still an issue eight months later?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I'd expect nothing less at this point, it's February now and this has been going on for quite awhile and it's either you are incompetent or you are deliberately letting all these bugs and issues go.

Voddo is one of my favorite champs and one of my go to ones but this is just one of these annyoing issues that makes combat even more frustrating especially when you know it's coming and you just can't get completely out of range due to short dash back.

Also it's not just him lots of champions have their dash backs shortened or delayed sometimes which is just freaking annoying and I really wish you would actually fix this game already and upgrade your servers because I'm tired of the bugs and issues and getting my face smashed in because they either won't move or won't move back enough.