**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"Black Widow on M.Jordan's Challenge" Pt.1

2»

Comments

• TomichiwarTomichiwar Posts: 64
    edited January 2018
    My god... so many people here needing some maths and probability courses... the one saying “gambler’s falacy” really made me lol and has no idea what was being said... it’s useless to even try to explain them.

Edit: sorry just read the one saying you can’t add them, that guy is even worse...
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Tomichiwar wrote: »
    My god... so many people here needing some maths and probability courses... the one saying “gambler’s falacy” really made me lol and has no idea what was being said... it’s useless to even try to explain them.

Edit: sorry just read the one saying you can’t add them, that guy is even worse...

And wasn't even only 1 person saying about that gambling stuff!

I don't understand how the even call me ignorant and say I'm using some fallacy when they didn't even read my calculations.

But can't blame them, probability is sometimes counterintuitive, as you can see in the Monty hall problem.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    I used archangel for her, he reduces ability accuracy with that neurotoxin.. once you get one on her she pretty much can't evade.

one time she evaded me and i had two neuros active on her. i mean, WTH? Duped AA btw.

EDIT: oh i didn't renember the Sig Accuracy reduction amount. BW had almost 1% chance to evade with two neuros. lol insane.
  • mfleury wrote: »

And wasn't even only 1 person saying about that gambling stuff!

I don't understand how the even call me ignorant and say I'm using some fallacy when they didn't even read my calculations.

But can't blame them, probability is sometimes counterintuitive, as you can see in the Monty hall problem.

You are right, they will say it’s a 50/50 chance at the end...

• Alpha07 wrote: »
    I used archangel for her, he reduces ability accuracy with that neurotoxin.. once you get one on her she pretty much can't evade.

one time she evaded me and i had two neuros active on her. i mean, WTH? Duped AA btw.

EDIT: oh i didn't renember the Sig Accuracy reduction amount. BW had almost 1% chance to evade with two neuros. lol insane.

I got evaded by OG spidey while using BW with the quake synergy which gives 99.99% ability reduction...

• RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

These are probably the same guys that complain about crystal drop rates and look at the the anecdotal data to substantiate claims that the drops are manipulated... I'm not saying that they aren't, I'm just saying that that isn't evidence.

There are more "bad" champs than good in the game, so the odds of you duping a "bad" champ on consecutive pulls is quite high just based on statistics.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Alpha07 wrote: »

I got evaded by OG spidey while using BW with the quake synergy which gives 99.99% ability reduction...
    lol that's almost impossible, i think Spidey got the 5 star in a GMC ''luck'' because he had literally way less than a 1% chance to evade that attack.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    mfleury wrote: »
    3% to active per hit so there is a ~14% that she evade at least once in a 5 hit combo. It's not that low when you view that way.

That's not how it works.
    3%, 3%, 3%, 3%, 3%

You can't add them up.

He wasn't adding them up... this "debate" over her chances of evading in five hits is too funny.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    Nothing fishy here. BW has played this way long before her nerf.
  • Luke69696969Luke69696969 Posts: 10
    lol ive 100 percent it but i found war machine hardest
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    When did this turn into math class?
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Alpha07 wrote: »

If it was a maxed BW, the 15% amounts for class advantage and synergy are added separately. 70 × 0.15 =10.5 so times that by two you get 21 then add that to 70 which only takes her ability reduction to 91%. Which is still high and crazy that he evaded.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Maybe someone could answer this for me on the subject. She has a chance to evade, but wouldn't gwenpool be able to stop it after a 50 hit combo? I'm only asking because that wasn't the case for me. Around 65 hits and she was still evading. Weird.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Maybe someone could answer this for me on the subject. She has a chance to evade, but wouldn't gwenpool be able to stop it after a 50 hit combo? I'm only asking because that wasn't the case for me. Around 65 hits and she was still evading. Weird.

Got a spider evading againsty he after 50 combo too. There is a bug with her, I guess.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    It doesn't help when Kabam rarely specifies if bonus are additive or multiplicative percentages. So if Quake gives +15% ability accuracy to BW's 80% Ability accuracy reduction, it's never clear if that is (80+15) = 95%, or (80*1.15) = 92% overall.

No-one at Kabam has ever explained a lot of the hidden stats in this game; probably because they don't really understand them themselves. But Gwenpool's "2% per hit" came from a mod, not from her spotlight.
    I doubt that it's really as simple as 2+2+2+, as it's quite clear that GP doesn't shut down all evasion at 50+ hits. There are numerous threads on it.

So is it that her Sig is bugged, or is it that actually there's a bit more maths to it than that? Is there any reason to suspect that this ability wouldn't actually suffer from some sort of diminishing returns? Or even an invisible maximum effect (like how some champs have unstated limits on the number of bleed effects they can stack).

• GaudyGMoneyGaudyGMoney Posts: 23
    I had one stupid matchup against BW where she evaded the first hit of my Rogue's SP1 THREE TIMES IN A ROW, other than that she isn't that annoying to fight.