**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iphone X - Champs dashing in instead of blocking [Fix in Next Update]

123457»

Comments

• OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    I'm not sure what they would fix though? I had the same issue you all experienced then I realized that it was the way I was holding my phone and that skin was touching the edge to edge screen that was causing the dashing back or block holding, etc. Once I realized what was happening I adjusted my grip and havent had any issues. I do play with a phone case which helps. God help you if you are trying to play without one. I guess they could move the screen activation a few millimeters from the edge to give us a little more room.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    I'm not sure what they would fix though? I had the same issue you all experienced then I realized that it was the way I was holding my phone and that skin was touching the edge to edge screen that was causing the dashing back or block holding, etc. Once I realized what was happening I adjusted my grip and havent had any issues. I do play with a phone case which helps. God help you if you are trying to play without one. I guess they could move the screen activation a few millimeters from the edge to give us a little more room.

It's an UX/UI issue. They should simply comply with Apple's design standards. Which include putting some thought into screen activation. I play with a protective case as well, but that doesn't mitigate the issue, although it helps a little. The fix is simple though, and should be released asap.
  • GumbyGearGumbyGear Posts: 3
    Was given some advice about finger placement. If you have your fingers really close to the center of the screen it dramatically reduces the unwanted movements/lack of movement, well it has for me.

It's not perfect, makes it harder to hit the special button and means your looking at mostly hands instead of a big screen.

Hope this helps others as it has helped me (sort of), while we wait for 17.0.
  • GumbyGearGumbyGear Posts: 3
    Only just!
  • rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29
    @Kabam Wolf can you confirm that this fix will be included in the 17.0 update on Wednesday?
  • TheeWolverineTheeWolverine Posts: 77
    It's nothing to do with the case or touching edge of the screen. It's cause the aspect ratio and where the hero is at on the screen that determines where you have to touch to activate it. The more aggressive the AQ or AW you're playing the worse the screwups. Like dashing forward, dashing back, not blocking at all, blocking then unblocking cause hero hit backwards off placement with your finger, SP button not activating or hitting when trying block. They are making cash off this issue and are in no hurry to fix. If it effected them and we the players made out we would be banned and issue fixed within a hour!
    edited January 2018
    It's nothing to do with the case or touching edge of the screen. It's cause the aspect ratio and where the hero is at on the screen that determines where you have to touch to activate it. The more aggressive the AQ or AW you're playing the worse the screwups. Like dashing forward, dashing back, not blocking at all, blocking then unblocking cause hero hit backwards off placement with your finger, SP button not activating or hitting when trying block. They are making cash off this issue and are in no hurry to fix. If it effected them and we the players made out we would be banned and issue fixed within a hour!

This. Harder content is borderline unplayable right now. Champs bounce around like toddlers on a sugar-high. If I were Apple, and a high-grossing game wasn't optimized (at all!) for my flagship phone, despite Apple having provided developers with clear instructions, I wouldn't be pleased. If this isn't fixed soon, maybe it's time someone asked Apple to step up. I still hope the next update will fix it, but the lack of Kabam responses isn't encouraging.

It's such a shame though, even from Kabam's perspective. Here we have a phone that is able to run the game extremely well, a showcase if ever there was one, but they let it down by not adhering to simple UX principles. Plain silly.
  • @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Wolf I just read the 17.0 update notes and it says you “made improvements” to part of this bug. Is it not fixed? After 3 months and countless promises, it’s not going to be fixed? Just improved? Can you confirm this?
    TheBlet wrote: »
    what does "improvements" mean anyway? :(:(

What it means for me personally, is I stop spending right away. Done. Between the lack of optimization for the iPhone X and the myriad of similar problems (champs freezing, losing blocks etcetera) on all devices, there isn’t much game left. The other issues aren’t even addressed in this upgrade. So no ‘improvements’ there, despite being acknowledged repeatedly. And posted about endlessly. Not by a few players, but by hordes of them. I’m gonna smell my own finger instead for a bit.

• My iPhone X has gotten much more stable after I turned off the 3D touch. Shame to have to do that, but I play MCOC more than I use 3D touch.
    Ultra_LD wrote: »
    My iPhone X has gotten much more stable after I turned off the 3D touch. Shame to have to do that, but I play MCOC more than I use 3D touch.

Doesn’t help a bit. It’s just your hands learning how to compensate.

• Just2310Just2310 Posts: 16
    Is 17.0 making the iphone x stable or just fixing the dash issue?
    Just2310 wrote: »
    Is 17.0 making the iphone x stable or just fixing the dash issue?

God only knows. They only refer to ‘improvements’ in the release notes. And only with regards to that specific issue. So my take is that only this issue is improved. To some mysterious extent. That could be 99%. Or 0.5. I take that to mean the other issues aren’t even addressed. I.e. the game still doesn’t conform to Apple’s design standards.

• borntohula wrote: »
    Ultra_LD wrote: »
    My iPhone X has gotten much more stable after I turned off the 3D touch. Shame to have to do that, but I play MCOC more than I use 3D touch.

Doesn’t help a bit. It’s just your hands learning how to compensate.

It helped me. When I turn it back on, I dash fairly often and do unexpected heavy attacks.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey all. As you've seen, the team has made some improvements that should resolve this issue in 17.0. You shouldn't see this issue anymore after the update, but I'll leave this thread open for now just in case. Thanks!
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey all. As you've seen, the team has made some improvements that should resolve this issue in 17.0. You shouldn't see this issue anymore after the update, but I'll leave this thread open for now just in case. Thanks!

Thanks for acknowledging this issue, and - especially- for replying. Will keep you posted.

Said I'd keep you posted, so I will. Issue seems much improved. Too early to tell whether it's entirely gone, but the improvements are substantial. So kudos there. The update did introduce some visual glitches though, like bars 'floating' on actual content. It's not really bad for me (much prefer this to the game being unplayable), but some players seem more affected. See: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/47997/iphone-x-ui-optimization#latest

• MariouxMarioux Posts: 5
    This game should not be considered compatibile with iPhone or iOS for that matter.The amount of insane bugs present on this game is softly puted ridiculous.Autofight randomly activates in the middle of the fight,dashes backward for no apparent reason and the AI sometimes blocks the attack faster than usual.I honestly believe this game is rigged here and there.I stronglly recommend you not to spend a single penny on this game.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    I’m not sure what they actually fixed, but it is worse now on iOS. I dash instead of heavy at random times. I dash immediately after a special or releasing my block. The controls go crazy on me with no warning.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Well it isnt fixed @Kabam Miike

And block / parry doesn't work either