**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Possible ice armor bug

I was just doing uncollected event quest and the moon knight boss hit me with an sp3. I had ice armor up at the time, but the sp3 still took 70% of my health. Am I missing something?

Comments

• KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Which means my bar shouldn't drop more than 5% during an sp3. It went from 90% to 20%
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The stun could be applied first, shattering the ice armor, then you take more damage. Not really sure but I know 99% if I have ice armor up and take an L3 i won't lose more than 5% of my health no matter how much health I have as long as it's above 6%
    edited January 2018
    Sp3s are considered single source for the purposes of things like ice armor and safeguard

In fact, earlier that fight, mk sp3 did 5%
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    (This is just my understanding of the explanation provided in the description): it states if iceman would lose 5% of his MAX health (Full = 100% ???) from a “single source” (MK s3 I don’t think is considered a “single source”) his ice armor protects him from the blow... that being said the first physical hits would be shrugged off by ice armor which would break it allowing the “next source” his aerial gun attack to deal real damage.

Again I’m just speculating with what has been given to me in the description.

Nope. It's a flat 5% of his health based on overall base health pool, not his current health.
  • Anonymous2354Anonymous2354 Posts: 44
    @UndeadProphet no and sp3 counts as a single source and he doesn't have to be at 100% health for it to work
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I’ve seen people push an enemy to thier s3 using iceman’s l2 and have this happen.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    @CoatHang3r because sp2 breaks your ice armour.

Doensnt matter wat you have for health at the time.
    If icearmour is active then you lose 5%
    Ie
    75-70
    25-20

Did/does this moon knight have true strike? That would ignore armour.....
    @Maat1985 Thanks I’m aware, I said that to make the OP think about the possibility.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    @CoatHang3r couldnt tell that from your post....
    Nope...didn't use sp2 for precisely that reason. I was being extremely lazy that fight and not caring about baiting. Figured I'd just attack until I got hit with an sp3, then sp3 myself.

Now true strike...That's a possibility!!! Wasn't watching for that one. I was wondering what on earth I could be missing, and I think we've got it. Thanks!
    If it was true strike (*which doesn’t have an effect on ice armor unless something has been changed) it’s not listed on the node buffs for uncollected difficulty.

*True strike Hyperion only doing 5% to ice man @2:17
    https://youtu.be/i0OSb-WLUr8
    Well ****. Back to not knowing what caused this.