**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Old Man Logan not considered good?

Why do most people say Old Man Logan is not that good? And he is only “good” on Seatin’s tier list.

I know many champions are better than him but he is still really good. He has permanent regen, his special 1 ignores armor, his special two does INSANE bleed, and his special three does good bleed and makes him go berserk. He is pretty much immune to bleed also. In addition to this, when he goes berserk, his critical rating and damage goes up and he does INSANE damage. Using my 5 star rank 2 level 35 Old Man Logan, I once did almost 12000 damage with my special one and my special two bleed was over 1000 per second. I even took out the ROL Winter Soldier with just him.

So it seems that he actually a pretty good champion – definitely higher than many people above him on Seatin’s list. So what is so bad about him?

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    What I don't understand is that old man logan gets these berserk abilities when he is old and gets furies but how come in his prime when he was a bigger threat he never recieved any fury or berserks, is he supposed to be calm in his prime? (Prime version meaning the one in the suit)
  • He has to have a lot of buffs to do damage, and gets them by taking damage. His doesn't always apply bleed, and mystic champs can destroy him, esp with MD.

Sometimes all the buffs are a bad thing. I never understood him compared to wolverine either, the lower healing makes sense but not anything else.
  • JJGJJG Posts: 145
    to low attack and regen
  • You don’t need to get hit. You gain pacifism charges when an opponent uses a special, so if you’re good at baiting L1 specials they can build up quite quickly.

I’ve got OML unduped at R2. If I dupe him I’ll take him to R3 and try him out in AQ. A team with him, Hulk and Hawkeye looks pretty fun for questing.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    He's not a bad champion, but by comparison to others like the above mentioned, he falls behind
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    He’s not considered good because he has to take a lot of hits before his ability kicks in

But he gets one berserk charge whenever the opponent uses their special
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    i find his regeneration and beserk awesome! If you really good at not getting hit then he basically OP in long fights ans short ones.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    He’s not considered good because he has to take a lot of hits before his ability kicks in

That just isn’t true. As mentioned above he gains pacifism charges when an opponent uses a special OR when he loses 10% health. Bait a few specials before using a sp2 and his bleed can be devastating, you don’t have to lose a single health point to do that or to go berserk, just keep baiting specials until it triggers.

@Nitro422 also not a fair comparison. His base stats are lower because he deals a lot of burst damage from berserk and damage over time with his bleed. And when he regens more than 4K health per minute as a 5/50, 3k less base health really isn’t an issue. I’m not saying he’s the best champion on the game, I just think he’s very misunderstood.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I think he can do some great damage at times, but his sig ability is useless. His bleeds just don't do enough damage and don't proc nearly enough.
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    I have him awakened 4* and never tried him out before because I keep hearing he was bad. After reading your post I think I'll give him a shoot.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    If you have him, Archangel, Wolverine and X23 all as 3/30 4* or equivalent for 5* then try them out against ROL Winter Soldier. The damage output of X23 and Archangel cannot be compared. And the regen of Wolverine is better too.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    One of my gripes with him is that you can't use his signature ability while he's buffed unless you're kind of lucky. You want as many pacifism charges as possible when you go for a s2 so you trigger tons of bleeds, but you also want lots of attack buffs when you go for specials which you only get when pacifism expires. So you need to have pacifism expire then get built back up before the buffs run out all while having 2 bars of power ready at the right time.
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    He was my first duped 4* years ago and I loved him. Sure there are better champs out there but you have to make the most of what this game gives you. If you add max DW he does massive bleed damage and his regen is consistent. Wolvies regen gets bugged sometimes especially in aq
  • JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    I wondered the same thing. I don't consider him a bad champ but I also have many other's I rather use over him (iceman). OML was my first 4* ever and got me through a ton of the game content in the beginning. As my roster grew I found other champs to be more useful which faded OML out. I actually just duped him but haven't had much use for him since.
  • EB54 wrote: »
    He was my first duped 4* years ago and I loved him. Sure there are better champs out there but you have to make the most of what this game gives you. If you add max DW he does massive bleed damage and his regen is consistent. Wolvies regen gets bugged sometimes especially in aq

True, I've done many fights in AQ with wolverine not regenerating or causing any bleeds, but on the flip side I've had 6 berserk charges with OML and didn't cause any bleeds (a bug at the time, who knows?)

There are a lot of champions in the game that are good, and can be used in quests and arena, that people just consider okay because they aren't on the same level of other champions when it comes to the more important parts of the game like attackers for AQ and War, and war defenders. He could do a lot of damage, but for the many reasons stated, he isn't a great champion to spend the resources on if you can wait for someone better.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276

That just isn’t true. As mentioned above he gains pacifism charges when an opponent uses a special OR when he loses 10% health. Bait a few specials before using a sp2 and his bleed can be devastating, you don’t have to lose a single health point to do that or to go berserk, just keep baiting specials until it triggers.

@Nitro422 also not a fair comparison. His base stats are lower because he deals a lot of burst damage from berserk and damage over time with his bleed. And when he regens more than 4K health per minute as a 5/50, 3k less base health really isn’t an issue. I’m not saying he’s the best champion on the game, I just think he’s very misunderstood.

I only have him at 2/5, and now that I have been using him more I realize that hes much better than I thought. His block breaker is very strong, and it seems like he does more damage as the fight goes on. I'm using him a lot now, on AQ and AW attack. I only have 3 5*, and hes very useful
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    If you throw him with Sabertooth and Domino, his regen is twenty or forty percent stronger, and it is doubled when you are attacking into an opponent, pretty cool champ.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    OML was my 2nd r3 5*, I had 0 4* r5 at the time, I explored act 4 with only him. I did not use him in aq or aw so I was able to do act 4 and his heal helped a lot, now I don't use him a lot but still wouldn't rank him down.
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    He won’t die yet he can’t kill.
    So I will not pick him for most of the time attack quests (3mins fight, dungeons, LOL, even normal quest which u hope to shorten a fight) which are mainly the focus of the game.

Thats make me not to lvl him up.
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    I never followed Seatin's list. Screw that, dont get why everyone follows it its based on personal experience. If you like it you like it. People have been judging me to r5 Yondu instead of Starky but its my choice. I like yondu more then Starky, you cant change my thoughts. Anyways if you think hes good then hes good, don't let others say your wrong.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Regen just isn’t a top tier ability and you can’t specify when his berserk goes off which he needs to hit at a decent rate. Decent for questing if you want to invest in him just so many better options.