**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MODOK Parry Possible Bug?

Was using my Iceman vs MODOK in AW. His abilities description specifically says that force fields do not trigger parry but it happened multiple times in the fight. Parry was for the auto block hit and not the next one. Is there something i'm missing?

Comments

• AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    No, you’re not missing anything. It’s clearly bugged so that your modok on defense (if you place him) gets kills when he shouldn’t. I recently faced him on node 51 I believe, it was a mini boss stun immune and unblockable sp1. I was using r4 duped gwenpool and after 30 hits I was parried on the 3rd hit of my combo. So not only is modok parrying when he shouldn’t, he is ignoring ability accuracy reduction.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Was using my Iceman vs MODOK in AW. His abilities description specifically says that force fields do not trigger parry but it happened multiple times in the fight. Parry was for the auto block hit and not the next one. Is there something i'm missing?

Same here, he s parrying just like Medusa, that description is lying

At least i took Black Widow, so his parry wouldnt work on her
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Ability accuracy reduction is working, but he is definitely parryiing me with his auto block. Completely broken.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Ability accuracy reduction is working, but he is definitely parryiing me with his auto block. Completely broken.

Ability accuracy reduction wasn’t working for me, after 30 hits from gwenpool it should have been 60% reduction. I understand rng but a champ should not gain the ability to do something it’s not supposed to when accuracy is reduced.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Ability accuracy reduction wasn’t working for me, after 30 hits from gwenpool it should have been 60% reduction. I understand rng but a champ should not gain the ability to do something it’s not supposed to when accuracy is reduced.

60% reduction still leaves a 40% chance that their ability could work. I was using voodoo with an odd combo and saw a drastic decrease in his auto blocking frequency.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    This is a confirmed bug and will be fixed in next release.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    This is a confirmed bug and will be fixed in next release.

Or will it?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    You’re not missing anything, it’s a bug
  • TimeTravelerTimeTraveler Posts: 45
    edited March 2019
    I just got screwed by a Modok in war (5* 3/45, tier 11, node ). I entered the fight using a 5* 4/55 iceman and I did a single hit, all other attempts triggered parry over parry and I got killed. Entered the fight again using a 4* 5/50 sig 99 Omega Red and I couldn’t land a single successful hit. I got parried in every attempt. In the third fight I was using my last champ, a 5* 4/55 Mephisto and I managed to kill Modok. In this last fight I didn’t have the Modok parry issue and I think it was due to Mephisto’s Soul Imprisonment Debuff on Modok. It makes sense and corroborates the bug theory. I’m very pissed off. How to report this? It is clearly a bug and I was affected by it.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Just because of your name, you are allowed to revive any thread
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

In this last fight I didn’t have the Modok parry issue and I think it was due to Mephisto’s Soul Imprisonment Debuff on Modok. It makes sense and corroborates the bug theory. I’m very pissed off. How to report this? It is clearly a bug and I was affected by it.

Wow, every single part of what you just said was wrong. That made so little sense that I recommend you check to see if you are actually playing Marvel Contest of Champions and not a completely different game by mistake.
  • TimeTravelerTimeTraveler Posts: 45

In this last fight I didn’t have the Modok parry issue and I think it was due to Mephisto’s Soul Imprisonment Debuff on Modok. It makes sense and corroborates the bug theory. I’m very pissed off. How to report this? It is clearly a bug and I was affected by it.

Wow, every single part of what you just said was wrong. That made so little sense that I recommend you check to see if you are actually playing Marvel Contest of Champions and not a completely different game by mistake.
    So enlighten us with your wisdom.