**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 4. How do people feel about it?

I am trying to push for 100% Act 4 at the moment while also pushing through a first run through act 5 to become uncollected. However, Act 4 seems highly time or unit consuming due to the costs of energy, and is highly champ dependent. Act 4 chapters with Starburst and Chaos nodes I think need changing. I have no efficient regen champs so the starburst node prevents me completing the stages it is on, unless I want to spend units or save free crystals for health potions. While the chaos node is is very rng dependent. Both these nodes appear to depend on the player being lucky enough to pull a specific champ or get lucky in the fight. In my opinion this doesn't test player skill, whereas I think they should. The nodes could be replaced with a champion boost or another node that requires skill to play around rather than luck. While I think most mcoc players could live with the energy costs, the rng element to some chapters and stages of Act 4 seems juxtaposed to the way mcoc appears to be pushing with challenges and monthly event quests now.
What do people think about Act 4?

Cheers,
Crunchy

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    You will get more replies from people who have already explored it. You probably know this but act 4 was kinda nerfed last year because of some quests. Looking back when I was going through it had surprises for sure I had to wait a long time to get through some quests. I never had a problem with energy because I never minded waiting I just thought of the rewards. I don's spend on the game so I used to get revives from rol winter soldier and there it is back then people explored act 4 before the champs got their nerf. When I look at it now and then look at my old roster which were rank 4s it would still be hard. This is because loads of new champs are out and the heroic and master mode are faster ways to make your roster suitable for act 4. I never once talked about not being able to do specific things I just waited and waited until I could just rank up a wolverine to rank 4 to get through some of the paths.

Overall act 4 of course will be hard for people who are yet to complete or explore but simply watching videos of some of the harder fights and watching videos of tips given by some youtubers helps a ton even with alliances.

I never had to spend to get through content such as realm of legends, act 4, act 5 completion not explored yet, or the uncollected modes. Every resource I get I make sure I make the right decision with it.

Act 4 is doable for anyone who wants to do it and are not lazy. Grind a bunch of units from arena in a week and you are sorted for some of the quests as long as you have decent champs for it and have some knowledge of how to fights properly.
  • I have no problem with most of the fights. My main issue is with nodes that don't test your skill but your luck within the game. I have a decent roster of 4*s and about 4 5*s, but I have been unfortunate in not getting any that have sufficient regeneration which means completion of some areas isn't restricted to me because of my skill level but because of my luck with crystals, and honestly that feels wrong. Like you say you had Wolverine, he is a regeneration god and would certainly help in passing that quest. However there is no certainty that I will ever get a wolverine or any other regen champion, such is the rng of crystals. So it seems odd to place in something that is highly dependent on a few select champions. Also, I dont mind grinding for units when I have the time, but that is another issue, having the time. Life is life and stuff gets hectic, I dont always have the ability to grind arena for a solid few days to increase my unit count.
    While I agree that Act 4 is doable and I have completed most of it, my issue is with nodes that are based on rng or champs requirements. There is very clearly a set of champs that are amazing in this game and another bunch that are literally trash in comparison, and if you are unfortunate enough to keep those champs than there isnt much chance on chapters with such nodes or requirements. For me I feel a fighting game should be about our skill level, not whether or not I was lucky enough to pull blade, wolverine or x23 to deal with starburst.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I’d be curious to see what your roster looks like, might have a champ that can most definitely do just fine with starburst.
    As for the chaos node, there’s nothing wrong with that.
  • I currently have one champ 4* champ with a reliable regen. Other than that 4* I have a 3* Blade which I feel I may have to resort too haha
    And who is that 1 4*?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Man. I would love to know your thoughts on the old act 4 juggs.

I'm all for decreased energy for those who havent explored it. But I also think the difficulty shouldn't be changed. Move on from it and go back when you have the champs, imo
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Does act 4 juggs still have slashed tyres and the venom boss doesn't have Poison anymore if I remember right?
  • The Act 4 Juggs no longer has slashed tyres. I have no problem with Kabam making difficult challenges I just have problems with nodes and champ requirments that arent skill based. There are other nodes like starburst that allow you fight around it depending on how aggresive you are in the fight. I think that is awesome because it tests how I fight, if I die that is on my mistakes, but with degeneration that I cant do much about without regeneration isnt punishing **** gameplay, but your bad luck in crystals.
    edited January 2018
    Do you think you can get in a fight of you vs one the nodes and then show the node description before fighting in this thread when you have time?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The Act 4 Juggs no longer has slashed tyres. I have no problem with Kabam making difficult challenges I just have problems with nodes and champ requirments that arent skill based. There are other nodes like starburst that allow you fight around it depending on how aggresive you are in the fight. I think that is awesome because it tests how I fight, if I die that is on my mistakes, but with degeneration that I cant do much about without regeneration isnt punishing **** gameplay, but your bad luck in crystals.

Agree and disagree. SOMETIMES (not all the time in act 4) the degen is there for multiple reasons besides the right champ. whether or not it should be made this way, it makes sure you have a higher ranked champion, and it can make sure you have to fight aggressive.
  • Spirit I believe Starburst just degenerates relative to the championa health. So fast straight away and slower later. The Chaos node I can get past fine, while I personally think it is a bit much on the rng, I have completed stages that have it to 100%. Starburst is just a tad more savage.
  • Thanks Haji, I appreciate the advice :)
    Try using a 20 percent health and attack boost and getting your strongest champ to do as much possible. I think somebody already asked but what champs do you have? You can crop your name out but people may be able to give more clearer advice if they see your roster.
  • This is my main roster. Hyperion has a small regen, so does mordo at times, and voodoo has a decent one but not enough to sustain 8-12 fights
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Spirit I believe Starburst just degenerates relative to the championa health. So fast straight away and slower later. The Chaos node I can get past fine, while I personally think it is a bit much on the rng, I have completed stages that have it to 100%. Starburst is just a tad more savage.

The other way around ... Starbust is based on missing health of the opponent ... I remember doing this chapter with my 4* red cyclops ... save sp2 / sp3 and hit when I know it will kill them ... leaving any opponent at low level is devastating ...

I know old willpower helped a lot in this chapter ... the new one will still help u

So what you're saying is... Your red cyclops was very effective?
    Damn, Kabam was right all along
    Nice roster that hulk, sl, voodoo, and hyperion and arch can end your fights much faster. Hulk should be able to end those fights quick as we but you may just need a couple revives as backup.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    This is my main roster. Hyperion has a small regen, so does mordo at times, and voodoo has a decent one but not enough to sustain 8-12 fights

Rank voodoo and dump sig stones into him. His regen can carry you through almost all of act 4
    Vooodoo can very easily deal with starburst, hulk will just kill things quickly as he loses hp, AA would melt anything that isn’t immune. SL will ramp up damage as the degen ramps up.

In short, you have a roster that can easily handle starburst.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    There's no way you're going to become Uncollected if you're struggling with Act 4. Act 4 can be cleared 100% with r3 4* champs and even max 3* champs if you're lacking the 4* variant.

For example, a 3* SL with high sig can wreck **** in Act 4. As others have mentioned, Act 4 was nerfed a bit last year to make it easier to complete, but players were completing it pre-nerf without all the newer champs with their crazy abilities.

Instead of being so focused on champion tier level, look at their actual abilities. See which champs are best suited for each path (or maybe a specific opponent) and then check your 3* roster to see if you have them. If so, rank them up and build their sig levels. And probably just focus on finishing Act 4 before starting Act 5. That would be the smart play.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Way too many paths and takes too much energy. Thats how i feel.....
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    This is my main roster. Hyperion has a small regen, so does mordo at times, and voodoo has a decent one but not enough to sustain 8-12 fights

Mordo has sick regen if you use s3 at like 20% (or less) health. You'll get like 60% health back.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    All I can say is, F 4.3.1...this starburst node is ridiculous and requires no skill to overcome it. Pair that with the awesome luck that is me getting opponents with 10 second unstoppable timers, and getting poison and bleed procs, it's stupid. I can go through a whole run with no hits on me and still need revives. It's a freaking CASH COW ACT
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Just finished a path. Same situation. I have finished 4 now working on 100 percent. Had an symbiot ambush me and drop nothing!!!!!! NOTHING?! On a level where every node poisons you at the start of the fight. It is so painfully obvious that the objective is just to drain you. Got hit maybe 6 times through the entire level but had to drop a bunch of supplies just hecause after the third fight the champ being used was almost dead without taking a hit. Sorry, but i find that kind of setup flat out bs.