**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which 5*s are GENERIC AWAKENING GEM worthy? (include those that don't need an awakening to be good)

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Please add or subtract from my list as you see fit

Me thinks:
Blade
Stark Spidey
Magik
Star Lord
Medusa
Hyperion
Gwenpool
Doc Voodoo
Dormammu
Mephisto
MorningStar
Arch Angel
Iceman
Ghost Rider
MODOK

Did I miss anyone or included anyone that's not "worthy"?

Comments

• GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    Generic?
    AA or gweenpool for the reduce accurancy. I prefer AA over gweenpool. maybe voodoo too.
    Star Lord for sure above all other tech.
  • Blade, Magik, Voodoo, AA, Gwenpool, Ghost and maybe Medusa. You better give the generic to someone you would take to rank 5/65.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Imo only:
    Blade
    Star Lord
    Medusa
    Doc Voodoo
    Archangel

I have a generic and unduped Iceman, but he's not worth it imo.

Magik and Dormammu only for defense, but even then it's iffy. WIth all the Blade's popping up, they are losing relevance in the AW meta. I would just wait for a Mystic gem or a dupe.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Depends on need. but:

Blade
    Voodoo
    AA
    GP
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Kihlgast wrote: »
    Boboman wrote: »
    Stark is not worth one neither is Hyperion

Have you played sparky both duped and unduped? I would spend a generic on him in a heartbeat (Got him 5* r5 and awakened with a tech gem)

Tech gem, yes.

Generic, not in my opinion.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    I used my generic on ghost rider even though he doesn't really need to be awakened. I don't care I used it on him anyways and took him to rank 5, if you have a god tier 5 star champ, awaken and max out in my opinion.. awakening gems are meant to be used not saved. there will be other opportunities in the future to acquire more awakening gems either through in game offers or content. point of the game is to have fun.
  • Newtothegame1Newtothegame1 Posts: 17
    Blade,star lord,Medusa,AA and iceman are the only ones. GP,GR,Stark ,hype don’t need them to be good. Voodoo class specific awakening gem only.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Blade
    AA
    SL
    Starky
    GR
    Magik

In that order.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Blade, AA & that’s it...

Voodoo wait for class or dupe.

Magik nope don’t use a gem for defenders. She doesn’t need to be awakened for offensive abilities.

Gp maybe a class but her ability reducing is horrible needing 50+ hits.

Star lord only if you have none of LoL done. Otherwise just a class gem.

Ghostrider nope

Starky maybe but probably just stick to a class or wait for the dupe

Hypes doesn’t need it. Maybe a class but the class would be better used on medusa.

Iceman nope he only needs to be awakened if you are using him for defenders.

There is two generic 5* awakening gems in the game. May not see another one till act 6 sometime. Best to use it wisely.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I would give up my 5* awoke SL to keep my Hulk if that's what I needed to do. I don't much care for LoL, it's a bit ridiculous i can think of better things to do than 15+ minute fights with random evasions. I'm all set with random evasions. Hulk clears entire paths of Uncollected and can proceed to smack the spit out of the boss. He smacks war bosses. Yeah Fury and MD, well he pours in ridiculous amounts of damage before that ends the fight and if you do die, you use one of those cheap little revives and your cheapest heal boom, your back in action with 2500 attack power, 1000 more when he gets Fury, and up to 4k more from his signature, oh and that class advantage towards Mystics that's like 40%+ I think.

Oh. Oh. He's also got 30k+ health I think closer to 35k, so yeah, i don't have to come on the forums to cry when I meet an Iceman in event mode.

No. Maybe a science gem, definitely not a generic on Hulk. Sounds like you’ve convinced yourself, but don’t confuse others. Hulk is poison immune and can put out some good damage with good stun. That’s it. I use 4* for AQ and like him, but he’s not generic worthy.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Blade, AA, DV, GP, GR & Sparky (I maybe missing 1 just at the top of my head) are the only ones I’d use them on. Starlord too if you haven’t completed LOL, they’re the rarest item in the game. Can’t be careless with them. Been sitting on my LOL for about a year now cause I wanna be 100% certain I wanna use it on a great champ.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t just say blade and AA. I have 2 generic gems and my AA is already awakened. I’m saving it for potentially ghost rider or a new champ that comes out. It really depends on the class gems you have. If someone has several skill gems then blade wouldn’t be an option for that player
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    gahrling wrote: »
    Gotta make that Cyclops effective

Pff cyclops don’t need to piffly signature ability. He’s already so effective! Trust the data people!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t just say blade and AA. I have 2 generic gems and my AA is already awakened. I’m saving it for potentially ghost rider or a new champ that comes out. It really depends on the class gems you have. If someone has several skill gems then blade wouldn’t be an option for that player

Going off the base that any champ is an option, not already awakened and no other awakening gem class wise. Then yes for the two available basic 5* ag in the game I’d only use them on blade and aa. Other circumstances could change that easily.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Most people are getting around 1 5* a month and it could be a year or two before they get a 5* you would consider awakening so it just depends on the situation.

People that have access to a generic awakening gem get 5 stars way more frequently than that.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Not seeing much about void in here. Not worth generic?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Not seeing much about void in here. Not worth generic?

This is from January, only 2 weeks after void release.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Ask yourself, will you take this champ to r5 ? If you will, it's worth it.