**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Achievement System (PLEASE READ KABAM)

Seatin mentioned this is his video of 10 things he’d like to see in 2018. I think an achievement system in this game is needed in this game. I imagine it being similar to the achievement system in games like call of duty (get 1000 headshots, run 5 miles total, etc.) But instead in MCOC it can be stuff like ‘finish 1000 fights with a heavy attack’ or ‘finish 1000 fights with incinerate’ or ‘complete realm of legends without potions/using 2/3 stars’. Then we would get rewards upon completion.

This would help keep players engaged as so many times fights get so repetitive or boring. It would give players something to look forward and make them utilize all the different controls on the game. It would also keep old content like Act 4 and Realm of Legends relevant to the game. Please consider this Kabam.

I think its necessary to keep this game fun.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I don't know if it is needed, but I think it would inject some additional fun into the game. Certainly, I wouldn't argue against it.

Its been suggested before many times on the forums, I mentioned something like this a couple times in the past and I was certainly not the first to do so. I do not recall there being any significant material objection to it so I think it is something that at worst would be ignored by some players and at best would be a new chase goal for a game that is fundamentally a bundle of chase goals.
  • GaaabeMGaaabeM Posts: 33
    It would add so much more fun to the game. Would be another thing for players to go for.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I could get behind this. I can see some application value as well. A sort of Training Grounds that helps Players develop skills starting out. Evade, Parry, etc.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    This kinda already exists. Google games tracks a lot of this. So many points for beating rol so many for opening X amount of crystals so many for beating X amount of quests. TBH kinda useless looked at it once never look at it again. Unless some sort of award was attached to it I wouldn't care about it.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    Legend tags, quest titles... game achievements.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    This kinda already exists. Google games tracks a lot of this. So many points for beating rol so many for opening X amount of crystals so many for beating X amount of quests. TBH kinda useless looked at it once never look at it again. Unless some sort of award was attached to it I wouldn't care about it.

Generally speaking, in most games I've played with a well developed achievement system, there are three kinds of achievements. The first have no reward, usually just a title or marker for reaching them. These are generally achievements of a kind that most players would eventually reach if they play long enough and actually make any sort of token effort to play the necessary parts of the game. For example, Win 1000 fights in Arena would be this kind of achievement. The second kind would award some small to significant amount of rewards. In a sense, something like beating RoL is technically something like this: you get a big batch of rewards for beating it fully the first time, but you can't get those rewards a second time. And then there are achievements that award game-changing unlocks or awards. In this game, there is such an achievement in all but name: becoming uncollected.

A fully fleshed out achievement system would have all three. Some you'd get nothing much for except the feeling of accomplishment. Some you'd get some small to medium amount of rewards. And a few would be significant game-altering rewards.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Great idea!
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Huh, Not A Bad Idea!