**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Insane Alliance War matchmaking

Hello,
I would like to ask, if matchmaking shown on pictures from my alliance is normal, because there is no way to win war like this. How can we move to higher tier rewards with this impossible war? dzmnxkes7c96.png
0p1i7rjsl18e.png
glmv6kzekcuz.png

Comments

• Jam3s96Jam3s96 Posts: 5
    That is not for the first time, but today match was insane... 24zbh2qhzdzk.png
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Normally, the two opposing teams have similar war rating. If one team has roughly twice the war rating of another, I would not call that similar. I'm going to guess that the match up got screwed up OR that a time limit was reached in finding an opponent and the game selected the lowest rated one available.

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    The match ups are broken, my friend who is in a 600k alliance has been matched up with 6+ mill alliance and then a 5+ mill one which makes absolutely no sense.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4123/war-group-mismatch#latest

Haven't posted the other one, yet but at least their war rating was similar sucks that yours wasn't and it shows you how broken their current system is and that they need to revamp it
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Suck it up buttercup.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Not sure what happened man. Maybe the game has searched for too long and that was the only alliance left
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    Maybe we should be able to search for our own matches and both alliances click to engage kind of like a war invite
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    Typically my alliance rate is close to opponents but there are many variables including prestige and number of members
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    the longer it waits for a match the wider its search goes..... that sucks... we have had some bad ones but not that bad.....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Look at it this way.. How many rating points did you lose? Minuscule ya?

Does this decrease affect your moving into higher tiers?

What exactly are you complaining about?
    We lost one point, that is not the problem. But I think we should fight against alliances in the same tier, not against globally 18th alliance with war rating twice higher than our is... Rewards are not essential for them as for us. Half of the allince were legends, so does it make sense to fight against them? Almost every their defender was duped 5* 4/55 and we attacked with 4* 4/40... really balanced.
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Soooooo did you win?
    Of course we didn´t.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Then just treat it as a loss and move on with life.

Bad matching occurs at times as diff alliances search for matches at diff timings.

You just had a bad draw, that's all.

I'd rather this than be stuck in matchmaking for hours.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    You are getting to the top so do you expect not to encounter some tougher teams?
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    So, for those who do not know, there is a LINE chat group filled with leadership from alliances like the one pictured in OPs matchup screen shots. I'm not going to name specific alliances, but I am aware of several of them, I know several of the players involved, etc. These heavy hitting alliances only ever run 2 battle groups. They use the LINE chat room to form a matchmaking queue. They never start matchmaking at the same time as one another so as to avoid hard matchups with each other, thereby manipulating the matchmaking algorithm. Essentially, they've gamed the system to have easy matchups and win all their wars.

If the matchmaking timer gets to 3 hours and a "suitable" match hasn't been found, the algorithm defaults to the most immediate match, regardless of war rating. This is why you got stuck in AW against XNull, OP.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    Husky54 wrote: »
    So, for those who do not know, there is a LINE chat group filled with leadership from alliances like the one pictured in OPs matchup screen shots. I'm not going to name specific alliances, but I am aware of several of them, I know several of the players involved, etc. These heavy hitting alliances only ever run 2 battle groups. They use the LINE chat room to form a matchmaking queue. They never start matchmaking at the same time as one another so as to avoid hard matchups with each other, thereby manipulating the matchmaking algorithm. Essentially, they've gamed the system to have easy matchups and win all their wars.

If the matchmaking timer gets to 3 hours and a "suitable" match hasn't been found, the algorithm defaults to the most immediate match, regardless of war rating. This is why you got stuck in AW against XNull, OP.

I'd put money in XNull not being in that chat and that's false about the top alliances only running two bgs. You're extremely naive if you think they're that worried about a potentially even matchup that they'd go for lesser rewards with only two bgs. For the most part the alliances in that chat are very talented and have very good champs for both offense and defense. From what I've seen alliances in the chat do plan when to search for wars, but they run 3 bgs and typically only do 2 wars per week.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★

I'd put money in XNull not being in that chat and that's false about the top alliances only running two bgs. You're extremely naive if you think they're that worried about a potentially even matchup that they'd go for lesser rewards with only two bgs. For the most part the alliances in that chat are very talented and have very good champs for both offense and defense. From what I've seen alliances in the chat do plan when to search for wars, but they run 3 bgs and typically only do 2 wars per week.

Naiive? I'm sorry, but no. I have both the screen shots and personal experience to back up what I just said. There is a 2 battle group war specific group. I was in one of those alliances for quite some time. So, I'm sorry, but you're wildly incorrect here.

Naiive? I'm sorry, but no. I have both the screen shots and personal experience to back up what I just said. There is a 2 battle group war specific group. I was in one of those alliances for quite some time. So, I'm sorry, but you're wildly incorrect here.

Then you're talking about a different line group because they one I'm talking about is the very top alliances, my mistake for misinterpreting.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

Then you're talking about a different line group because they one I'm talking about is the very top alliances, my mistake for misinterpreting.

The "very top alliances" are also doing this
    edited June 2017
    @GbSarkar killing the long list of nested quotes - I'm quite aware they do, but these "heavy hitting" alliances run 3 bgs, not 2, and from what I've seen/experienced typically only 2 days a week. I know of a few specifically that do this.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    @GbSarkar killing the long list of nested quotes - I'm quite aware they do, but these "heavy hitting" alliances run 3 bgs, not 2, and from what I've seen/experienced typically only 2 days a week. I know of a few specifically that do this.

Change your quote preference to "1 level deep" and you won't see the pyramid quotes

On topic: they are doing 2 AW a week because they are timing their AW searches to avoid each other
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Change your quote preference to "1 level deep" and you won't see the pyramid quotes

On topic: they are doing 2 AW a week because they are timing their AW searches to avoid each other

I know all this. If you read my original post in this thread you'd see that. The entire point I was making is that the top alliances don't search with 2 bgs. I also stated it was a misinterpretation on my part with Huskys original post; I thought he was referring to a different line chat - clearly there are multiple line chats to organize AW search times.