**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Karnak

AgentTealAgentTeal Posts: 23
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
I just pulled a Karnak from the 5* crystal, he is my 5 star. Any opinions about him? I’ve heard people said he’s great and people say no. So what do you think and why?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    garbage, sorry fam. He's only good for his critical rate.
  • Options
    Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    he's trash
  • Options
    Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    He's good for medusa synergy. He's not awesome but he's better than rhino/shehulk/spider gwen /ect. Probably in the meh tier.
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    He's good for medusa synergy. He's not awesome but he's better than rhino/shehulk/spider gwen /ect. Probably in the meh tier.

rhino has meh damage, but the other 2 i completely hate.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Karnak himself isnt a terrible champion. Most negative responses are because everything he can do, there are other that can do it better. Ive heard of people who tear up war with him, but eventually move on to someone else
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    AgentTeal wrote: »
    I just pulled a Karnak from the 5* crystal, he is my 5 star. Any opinions about him? I’ve heard people said he’s great and people say no. So what do you think and why?

Thank you!

He's middle of the pack when it comes to skill champs. If you have a Blade, Gwenpool, Crossbones, Elektra or Black Widow (if duped) I would focus on them first.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    My opinion is that he's average -- not bad, not great. Squarely in the middle.

If you run your masteries for maximum Crit Damage and you get really comfortable with his moveset so you can maintain long combos, this character can be absolutely punishing.

Plus: True Strike really is handy against Evade, and he eliminates Class Advantage over time.

But: No Regeneration. No Power Lock/Power Drain/Power Control. Damage doesn't scale, and no Armor Break.

I have him as a 4- and 5-star. I play him sometimes. He's not the worst champion in the game, by far.

But his ceiling is what it is...there just are probably 45-55 characters who are simply better.
  • Options
    ESF wrote: »
    My opinion is that he's average -- not bad, not great. Squarely in the middle.

If you run your masteries for maximum Crit Damage and you get really comfortable with his moveset so you can maintain long combos, this character can be absolutely punishing.

Plus: True Strike really is handy against Evade, and he eliminates Class Advantage over time.

But: No Regeneration. No Power Lock/Power Drain/Power Control. Damage doesn't scale, and no Armor Break.

I have him as a 4- and 5-star. I play him sometimes. He's not the worst champion in the game, by far.

But his ceiling is what it is...there just are probably 45-55 characters who are simply better.

I feel like he should do armor break and some power lock.