**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Act 5 chapter 4 mephisto help

SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
I have a maxed unduped quake 4 star would she work against mephisto I cant deal with the fights using sl or hulk. I was told she got buffed so she will help by someone but wanted to confirm it.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    She got fixed (buffed) but I haven't fought him yet.
  • IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    SL would be your best bet. Just don’t hit him when he’s got aura of incinerate. Bait sp1
  • Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    She works just fine against mephisto. However just evading and only attacking when incinerate isn’t up with SL or Hulk is better.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I soloed him with 5-50 hulk, quake is a good option but his node makes it a pain, I’d still say quake is better, but use hulk if you aren’t great with the quake strategy, or just bring both
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    He is easy I killed him with sl and ice man
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    This may sound like a ridiculous question and maybe it is, but would a 3* Iceman be worth trying? Unfortunately I don't have a 4* or 5* Iceman or Mephisto or Quake. I've used Hulk before but not in 5.4.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Iceman, mephisto or Void are the best champs to beat mephisto.

Other champs are:

AA
    Thor
    SL
    Spark
    Magik
    Dormammu
    SW
    Quake
    Hulk
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Other champs are:

AA
    Thor
    SL
    Spark
    Magik
    Dormammu
    SW
    Quake
    Hulk

Dont use AA because mephisto is poison immune.
    Thor sucks, class disadvantage.
    SL is meh

The rest of your list is pretty decent. Just like to add that Blade is by far the best option here...
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    This may sound like a ridiculous question and maybe it is, but would a 3* Iceman be worth trying? Unfortunately I don't have a 4* or 5* Iceman or Mephisto or Quake. I've used Hulk before but not in 5.4.

I use Iceman against Mephisto and my advice is you better sticking with your heavy hitter. You don't take damage from the aura but most of the fight still involve baiting and running away and Iceman without cold snap doesn't have that great damage output.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★

Other champs are:

AA
    Thor
    SL
    Spark
    Magik
    Dormammu
    SW
    Quake
    Hulk
    How might Dormammu help with mephisto. I can 5/50 my 40 sig dorm but is he going to be any better than my 4/55 sl and x23 or 5/50 hulk.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Just use your duped 200 sig 5/65 Iceman. Problem solved...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I used iceman 4* to clear him. My tip while using him was to negate mephisto regen. With ice armor up take his 1st special just the bones part to lower his souls. By the time you cycle through your specials and his at the end he’ll have no souls. Hence no regen. Shorter fight
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    nah since regen work with boosted health, he won't even regen more than 10% even with 6 souls. Keep ice armor in case of sp3.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Gwen pool will help with her defense ability reduction
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

If you have mad skills maybe but the challenger rating is going to seriously punish you.
    @TellthemIAM

I don't have mad skills so I will probably just stick with Hulk. Lol
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    Soloed mephisto with quake.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Other champs are:

AA
    Thor
    SL
    Spark
    Magik
    Dormammu
    SW
    Quake
    Hulk

Dont use AA because mephisto is poison immune.
    Thor sucks, class disadvantage.
    SL is meh

The rest of your list is pretty decent. Just like to add that Blade is by far the best option here...

Any champ with a lot of bleed damage can help too. X-23 and AA aren't bad against Mephisto.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    The_Jagga wrote: »
    I have a maxed unduped quake 4 star would she work against mephisto I cant deal with the fights using sl or hulk. I was told she got buffed so she will help by someone but wanted to confirm it.

Go with Quake. She's even better than Iceman against 5.4 Mephisto. But u need to be really good with her.
    Charge heavy and quickly block after the auto evade triggers. Hit him woth heavy to push him away and start over. Watch out for the sp1 bar. Stop charging when he get there....

Did you use a 5* Quake? My 4* 5/50 Quake did poorly because no matter how much I evaded Mephisto I'd eventually get cornered and aura of incineration drains health at close range.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I smashed him with R4 Hulk and R3 Yellowjacket.
    YJ is so underrated, i sting his ass all day

I dont like quake cause i get cornered on the wall quite often.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Quake is awesome for this fight, but don't start your charge cycle until you bait the first sp1 his aura will build him up to it automatically
    I ended up getting the job done with Hulk. I did have to use some revives but I have almost 300 Uncollected Free Crystals so I didn't actually have to spend any units or anything. I'm waiting until I can take a 5* to R4 or am close before I finish 5.4.6. Otherwise my T2As will probably expire.