**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Changes to the Captain America champs.

124»

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    The problem here is that almost everyone here is confusing Block Proficiency (bp) with Perfect Block Chance (pb chance). They are not the same!

Which is subject to DR. Also, as I mentioned, he will take damage in higher content. Has since 12.0.1 at least. I believe the issue is because he was expected to perform as he did pre-12.0.

What is subject to DR? PB chance? Not it isn't

No. Block Proficiency. You mentioned BP. PB Chance is a chance. Not a guarantee. The harder the content, the less chance your Abilities will perform the best.

uhh where did you get that from because it's not true. Content difficulty has no impact on abilities unless it's a special node effect.

Just an observation. Already stated that was my view. Take a Champ into different levels of Difficulty. Observe how optimal their Abilities perform. It's really apparent in higher content. Even in the Arena, there is less procurement in Medium-Hard Fights. For some reason, the probability (RNG) leans towards the lower side in harder areas. I'm guessing to present a challenge. Just my thoughts.

Which higher content are you basing thus off ??

You can see it in Master, Bautista-like Quests, AQ, AW....anywhere the Difficulty is higher. Try it for yourself and see.

Working great in tier 2 AW an act 5.2 for me

Did you notice the amount of Abilities triggered in comparison to easier content, or were you not looking? Seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing to me.

There is no game mechanic that effects ability proc rate for different difficulties.

It's just what I've found. I'm not sure what the cause would be. I'm not interested in arguing about it endlessly. The harder the difficulty, the harder it is to generate peak Abilities. Other people may find different. That's fine. I would imagine CR could play a factor as well, so could Nodes. The harder the opponent, the less our Abilities perform optimally.
    The problem here is that almost everyone here is confusing Block Proficiency (bp) with Perfect Block Chance (pb chance). They are not the same!

Which is subject to DR. Also, as I mentioned, he will take damage in higher content. Has since 12.0.1 at least. I believe the issue is because he was expected to perform as he did pre-12.0.

No. Block Proficiency. You mentioned BP. PB Chance is a chance. Not a guarantee. The harder the content, the less chance your Abilities will perform the best.

uhh where did you get that from because it's not true. Content difficulty has no impact on abilities unless it's a special node effect.

Just an observation. Already stated that was my view. Take a Champ into different levels of Difficulty. Observe how optimal their Abilities perform. It's really apparent in higher content. Even in the Arena, there is less procurement in Medium-Hard Fights. For some reason, the probability (RNG) leans towards the lower side in harder areas. I'm guessing to present a challenge. Just my thoughts.

You can see it in Master, Bautista-like Quests, AQ, AW....anywhere the Difficulty is higher. Try it for yourself and see.

Did you notice the amount of Abilities triggered in comparison to easier content, or were you not looking? Seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing to me.

I've noticed no difference at all, he reduces damage a lot while blocking an his sig works as stated, he works the same. In 5.2, trtl, an any other hard content as he does in heroic an master quests(that's the easy content}.

And this isn't arguing it's called a discussion. It seems you don't understand the effect of masteries an nodes properly an just making assumptions.
    You have also argued to extremes that Cr doesn't have any impact or work like that an yet your now saying the exact opposite.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

There is no game mechanic that effects ability proc rate for different difficulties.

It's just what I've found. I'm not sure what the cause would be. I'm not interested in arguing about it endlessly. The harder the difficulty, the harder it is to generate peak Abilities. Other people may find different. That's fine. I would imagine CR could play a factor as well, so could Nodes. The harder the opponent, the less our Abilities perform optimally.

I've noticed no difference at all, he reduces damage a lot while blocking an his sig works as stated, he works the same. In 5.2, trtl, an any other hard content as he does in heroic an master quests(that's the easy content}.

And this isn't arguing it's called a discussion. It seems you don't understand the effect of masteries an nodes properly an just making assumptions.
    You have also argued to extremes that Cr doesn't have any impact or work like that an yet your now saying the exact opposite.

If you're talking a difference in CR among varying degrees of Difficulty, then it could. Since the OP was the same CR, it wouldn't play a part. I'm about done. I've said what I found. Agree or disagree. I don't care.

If you're talking a difference in CR among varying degrees of Difficulty, then it could. Since the OP was the same CR, it wouldn't play a part. I'm about done. I've said what I found. Agree or disagree. I don't care.

Omg are you for real, how many times have you argued that it doesn't work like that.

It seems again that when a discussion ( not argument) contradicts your previous statement or needs further information or evidence you say am done, this is over.

Omg are you for real, how many times have you argued that it doesn't work like that.

It seems again that when a discussion ( not argument) contradicts your previous statement or needs further information or evidence you say am done, this is over.

As I said, you're looking for a reason to argue. If the CR is different, it will have an effect. There is a list of affected Stats in the Thread on CR. If it's the same CR, as in the OP's case, it wouldn't. I've stated that it was my findings and had no idea the cause. I also said it COULD play a factor. You're clearly trolling my comments. Good luck with that.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★

As I said, you're looking for a reason to argue. If the CR is different, it will have an effect. There is a list of affected Stats in the Thread on CR. If it's the same CR, as in the OP's case, it wouldn't. I've stated that it was my findings and had no idea the cause. I also said it COULD play a factor. You're clearly trolling my comments. Good luck with that.

Okay, first thing's first so you won't say I just hate everything you say: In this instance, you are correct. CR has an effect when they are different, not when they are the same. You've argued it doesn't have an effect before, but that was in an argument that CR effected gameplay itself instead of ability effectiveness, which is true. That's where Jaffacked is quoting you, but it's out of context there, whether he's doing it on purpose or on accident. Now for the part where you tend to be hypocritical:

You're stating that he's simply looking for a reason to argue. No he is not. You said something he disagreed with, so he let you know that his opinion differed. If that's looking for a reason to argue, then you are one of the worst offenders. I'm not saying it's not okay to voice your opinion, but that is what you're seemingly saying, whether intentional or not. You tend to hold controversial opinions, which is perfectly fine, but that's the same thing that's happening here. He's holding​ a position you disagree with. You're saying he's trying to stir up debates just because he's said he thinks you're wrong. That's what's wrong with these forums. People can hold whatever belief they want, but they can't contradict themselves just to make a point against someone. I'm sure I've done it, too, so I'm not just calling you out here, but the forums would get along a lot better if we all just thought about what we were saying before we said it, especially now that Kabam has so kindly removed the Delete button (this is sarcasm; sad I had to clarify that to some). Let's all take a step back and think about whether we're even contributing to the main point of the discussion before we ridicule others. Unless you get insulted directly, you shouldn't post anything unrelated to the main idea. Unless it's funny, of course. But it better actually be funny or you'll get flagged, so, good luck. There's always a few guys with no sense of humor so... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Am not trolling your comments, just trying to have a conversation (not an argument). You have stated that Cr wouldn't​ effect anything like that in the past when it was suggested that it could be the cause for parry issues. Now your saying that you think it's having an effect on ability accuracy,
    Also you know it's against the forum rules to call people trolls right
    edited June 2017

Am not trolling your comments, just trying to have a conversation (not an argument). You have stated that Cr wouldn't​ effect anything like that in the past when it was suggested that it could be the cause for parry issues. Now your saying that you think it's having an effect on ability accuracy,

You're compounding subjects that aren't related. CR has no effect on timing issues. There are Abilities that CR affects. DR also affects Stats. Some are affected by CR in relation to lesser or greater CR's.
    Nowhere did I mention Accuracy.
    Nor did I say I knew the cause for sure. I said it may have an effect. It affects certain Stats. Those Stats are also tied in to certain Abilities.
    I did not label you a troll. I said you were trolling my comments. As in, making comments for the purpose of creating a negative reaction.
    With which I am done.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

There are Abilities that CR affects. DR also affects Stats.

No... No there are not. Go read the "Challenger rating explained" thread again. It specifically states exactly what CR does and how it functions. Anything outside of that is simply a myth.
    edited June 2017

No... No there are not. Go read the "Challenger rating explained" thread again. It specifically states exactly what CR does and how it functions. Anything outside of that is simply a myth.

If the Abilities procure the Stats listed in the CR Thread, then they are affected because the Stats are.
    The list of Stats affected by CR when interacting with other CR's is here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest
    Armor, Armor Pen., Crit. Hit, Crit. Dam., Crit. Pen., Block Prof., Block Pen.
    Meaning, if the Abilities have anything to do with those listed, they would be affected by fighting higher or lower CR's.
    I'm about done with the conversation. There is very little being accomplished by it. Just arguing.

If the Abilities procure the Stats listed in the CR Thread, then they are affected because the Stats are.
    The list of Stats affected by CR when interacting with other CR's is here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest
    I'm about done with the conversation. There is very little being accomplished by it.

You never even started the conversation, your very first post was "conspiracy much?"
    You asked someone what the level of their Cap was, but never answered when asked if you had one.
    And how many times have you said I'm done, we're moving on, etc.?

But yet again you post, off topic, to a host of players explaining quite cleary and politely how and where you're wrong.

So PLEASE make good on your word and move on.

I made a few comments. I would have been done had it not been for the constant arguments made. Cap hasn't been changed since 12.0.1. To assert that he has without knowledge is conspiracy.
    As for the rest, that's a total wash. It's not a polite showing of where I am wrong. It's the usual argument for the sake of argument.
    edited June 2017
    Morgan wrote: »
    You won't take him to War because he takes Damage? I think you may be overdramatizing the whole situation. You lost a Fight. No Champ is capable of 0 Damage all the time. WW2 hasn't been altered since 12.0.1. I'm assuming you are just learning this since you recently Duped him. I would suggest someone else for Attack. WW2 is not the best choice.

WWII is a great choice for attack even in tier 2 AW. Have you even got a duped WWII cap at r4 or r5 ?

He's a better choice for Defense, IMO. To each his own.

Stop embarassing yourself, please.

PS: another derail due to nonsens wisdom trying to be spread. Oi Moddies, as stated previously, positive spam still spam. You don't kee trash home just cause it looked good when you bought it. Clean this mess.

A visual aid. Thanks for proving my point. That's what it's all about. The usual attack on me. Just because.
    Just sad. Lol.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    So reading the explanation of how Kabam is going to attempt fully implementing CR again, 4* R5 WW2 Cap effective BP Rating is being crushed for anyone using him in AQ. Thanks to his relatively high normal BP (which suffers a significantly higher % reduction) plus his fight mechanics that flow from an attack into a shield block, his only advantage is his sig ability.

*****The dev clearly says that CR has absolutely 0 effect on Proc % chance. So if opponent is under a beneficial effect. 51% of the time Cap should take 0 Dmg from a block. Plus another 30% chance that any block reduces all damage. (Not sure how that's quantified?)

So if Caps Sig ability is working correctly, he definitely should be receiving 0 dmg on 50% of attacks from a buffed opponent regardless of CR.

The Drop in BP and effective BP explains why I am no longer using Cap in game play. Thanks Kabam. We feel appreciated
    Jeez. GroundedWisdom, please. Some of these comments are out of hand, but I can't say they're 100% wrong. People are attacking you because you constantly disagree. That, again, isn't against any rules, but so many of us take it as a personal attack. This is 2017. This is a time in the world where people are offended by a man holding a door for a woman because it's "sexist". This is a time where the many leaders of the world can be outsmarted by half of the population. We live in a screwed up society where people are offended by everything, even when that something isn't offensive at all. I'm not saying that the people here are as petty as those in the examples I listed, but if you say something that actually IS slightly offensive, you can't be surprised at the results. You've said many times that the conversation is over because of these assaults, but then give one final jab at whoever you're talking to. Then, when they jab back, you get all upset and throw another swing. That's fine, defending yourself is perfectly okay, but you can't tell people to stop insulting you and then insult them. If you want it to end, leave. It's that simple. If they keep going on about you, flag them, but don't say people are trolling you just because they disagree, but then restate your point with which they disagree.
    edited June 2017
    Jeez. GroundedWisdom, please. Some of these comments are out of hand, but I can't say they're 100% wrong. People are attacking you because you constantly disagree. That, again, isn't against any rules, but so many of us take it as a personal attack. This is 2017. This is a time in the world where people are offended by a man holding a door for a woman because it's "sexist". This is a time where the many leaders of the world can be outsmarted by half of the population. We live in a screwed up society where people are offended by everything, even when that something isn't offensive at all. I'm not saying that the people here are as petty as those in the examples I listed, but if you say something that actually IS slightly offensive, you can't be surprised at the results. You've said many times that the conversation is over because of these assaults, but then give one final jab at whoever you're talking to. Then, when they jab back, you get all upset and throw another swing. That's fine, defending yourself is perfectly okay, but you can't tell people to stop insulting you and then insult them. If you want it to end, leave. It's that simple. If they keep going on about you, flag them, but don't say people are trolling you just because they disagree, but then restate your point with which they disagree.

I'm insulting who? What's sad is the never-ending attempt to hate on me and reject everything I say. I explicitly said I don't know the cause of what I observed. I said CR could play a factor in some of it. Wasn't talking about Cap only, or specifically. If it's not, fine. I was guessing. The entire subject was expanded because of the meticulous scrutiny of every word I say. Not just one person. Several.
    I am entitled to state that I have observed that the harder the difficulty, the harder it is to procure optimal Abilities, without going through a gauntlet. I've also asserted that those were my findings, and other people were entitled to theirs. If you can't see the repeated attempts to argue with me and choose to focus on my reaction, that's entirely up to you. I do not need to explain myself and what I have found, considering I've tried many times to leave it at that. My reaction is proportionate to the situation. It's a discussion. Not a trial.
    Hey GW when you say: Wasn't talking about Cap only, or specifically.,
    I just want to point out the topic of the thread is still Cap, so...
    This is the problem right here.

I'm insulting who? What's sad is the never-ending attempt to hate on me and reject everything I say. I explicitly said I don't know the cause of what I observed. I said CR could play a factor in some of it. Wasn't talking about Cap only, or specifically. If it's not, fine. I was guessing. The entire subject was expanded because of the meticulous scrutiny of every word I say. Not just one person. Several.
    I am entitled to state that I have observed that the harder the difficulty, the harder it is to procure optimal Abilities, without going through a gauntlet. I've also asserted that those were my findings, and other people were entitled to theirs. If you can't see the repeated attempts to argue with me and choose to focus on my reaction, that's entirely up to you. I do not need to explain myself and what I have found, considering I've tried many times to leave it at that. My reaction is proportionate to the situation. It's a discussion. Not a trial.

I know. I completely understand​ that. You can have your opinion, and they can have theirs. What you've done, though, is stated your point, then people asked about it, you elaborated, and they said they thought you were wrong. End of discussion, right? No. You restated your point, which is fine, and then they restated theirs with some impatience and some small jabs at you. This happens all the time, and it's perfectly fine. You restated your point and overreacted a bit, calling them out for trolling you when they simply stated their opinions which were opposite of yours. Things weren't out of hand until the last 10 comments or so. You're overreacting is feeding into the debate that's going on. You and Jaffacked are having a conversation. He thinks it's a civil discussion, and you think it's more of an insulting debate. You're treating the conversation like a debate and you're treating him like a jerk. He, thinking it was just a civil discussion, was blindsided, and retaliated. This just continued with you guys throwing stupid punches. I'm trying to explain both points of views here so you guys can put down the stupid boxing gloves and either ignore each other or continue a civil discussion.
    edited June 2017

I know. I completely understand​ that. You can have your opinion, and they can have theirs. What you've done, though, is stated your point, then people asked about it, you elaborated, and they said they thought you were wrong. End of discussion, right? No. You restated your point, which is fine, and then they restated theirs with some impatience and some small jabs at you. This happens all the time, and it's perfectly fine. You restated your point and overreacted a bit, calling them out for trolling you when they simply stated their opinions which were opposite of yours. Things weren't out of hand until the last 10 comments or so. You're overreacting is feeding into the debate that's going on. You and Jaffacked are having a conversation. He thinks it's a civil discussion, and you think it's more of an insulting debate. You're treating the conversation like a debate and you're treating him like a jerk. He, thinking it was just a civil discussion, was blindsided, and retaliated. This just continued with you guys throwing stupid punches. I'm trying to explain both points of views here so you guys can put down the stupid boxing gloves and either ignore each other or continue a civil discussion.

It wasn't just a debate. It stared out questioning whether I even had Cap at R4 or R5 Duped, and making comments about the fact that I choose to use him for Defense. You can't start out personal and expect to come off as a healthy debate.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Looks like DD OG can block even better than them! I love the 40% perfect block chance

It wasn't just a debate. It stared out questioning whether I even had Cap at R4 or R5 Duped, and making comments about the fact that I choose to use him for Defense. You can't start out personal and expect to come off as a healthy debate.

Yes, none of that is a personal attack. It may be personal, so you can choose not to answer, but it isn't an attack. You were making statements about a guy, and they were trying to see if you were qualified. I'm now asking for all of us to stop yelling at each other.
  • username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    emkqdkf6fudh.png
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Cap ww2 did have his block proficiency changed when 12.0 came out. Kabam buffed him by giving him a better chance to perfect block than what he had before