**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LoL inspiration

Shout out to BrianGrant, who did an AWESOME job at LoL, WITHOUT SL or even a dup champ for that matter. Great job. Watched bits and pieces of it, and you rocked it. I have been trying to talk myself into LoL for months now, since I was finally able to awaken my 5* SL, and my 4* SL for that matter. Anyway, I have decided I'm going for it. I will be saving and farming from here on out....until the middle of July, at which point I will take a Friday off of work for the attempt. Now to the meat of the matter. What are some suggestions on masteries? I noticed most people say AT LEAST one suicide, preferably 2 with the inclusion of courage. So I'm fishing for suggestions on mastery setup and synergy/team options. Everyone will have some minor suggestion or opinions here and there that i will gladly take into consideration. The build I'm running currently is a maxed deep wounds/assassin build with DE/Coag as my attack boost. I have a few points in stun duration and parry, but assumed I needed to allocate those points elsewhere. Would it be more beneficial to keep assassin, remove deep wounds, and throw another suicide and maybe some courage in the mix? Bring both SL, or run a similiar mutant crit team? Run the YJ/Ant/mutant team for max attack? Even considered using Beast for the +15% attack after 15 hit combo.......thoughts? Would love to hear several different takes from experienced LoL runners. I'm going to do this, I just feel it would be beneficial to take the time to prepare my inventory ,and myself mentally for the undertaking. Thx for the time if you read this, and I look forward to replies and opinions

Comments

• DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Well if you're running SL, you really don't need points in DW, except one to open assassin.
    I ran with full parry duration, because every time you stun them the duration gets shorter (but most fights I also didn't use all my parries, as I intercepted mostly).
    I would personally recommend against suicides, for recoil purposes.
    Also, LC would probably be your best option as WP almost completely cancels it out. That said, you lose like 2 or 3 health per tick, which in the prolonged fights actually will add up to a significant amount of damage.
    Personal preference I guess.
    I don't recommend bringing both SLs. There's ultimately no point as 99% of the time you won't use team revives, if ever, so if you have the choice to revive your 5* or 4*, which would you choose? Use your 40 units and take that other team space to boost your 5*.
    As far as team composition, I used a straight attack team. I know that's preferred for 4* runs, due to slowing down the timers. With an r4 that's a little less relevant anyway, so crit team should be good, and if you can get the beast synergy you talked about in some variation, I just recommend you do the calcs to make sure you don't lose out on more than you gain.
    Best of luck. May you make it through alive.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Thank you!! Appreciate the insight. Used to be, "suicides required" attitude, but I like to think outside the box myself. I don't like recoil....and at about 150+ combo, SL L2 is real nice to spam. On the flip side, I do hate missing out on that 60% more attack. Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, keep those comments coming if you don't mind. I love absorbing knowledge, and will take all the wisdom I can get!!
  • gnews85gnews85 Posts: 96
    You'll want to consider pacify to reduce triggers (I'm thinking of magik specifically)
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    gnews85 wrote: »
    You'll want to consider pacify to reduce triggers (I'm thinking of magik specifically)

Pacify was a huge help for me, and really works for all game modes. Also strongly recommend.
    Think I used 11 revives on magik (as opposed to seating 40+, not that he's the gold standard or anything. No offense seatin.)

I also recommend finding some you tubers you like to watch and study up. The analyzer is fantastic. He does a great job, recently finished his 3rd path.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Yea no need for suicides with a SL. If it's a 4/55 then definitely no need for suicides. Being able to use his special attacks without having to worry about recoil damage is handy. With a 4/55 SL you can crit on his special 1 and 2 to 50k max damage after only 140 hits or so. So nice to be able to use them, especially if you proc his shock.

You will need to boost your attack through synergies for the lengthened enrage timer. A 5* mags, 5* cyclops and 4* mags will give you enough attack leaving 2 slots free for SL and 1 other. Either another for an extra synergy or maybe another 4/55 of a different class incase you run into issues with maestro Regen.

Definitely pacify mastery for Magik and assassin lvl 5. No need for deep wounds. Max all your stun masteries and throw as much into attack and crit masteries as you can.

i have done it 100% and if I were to go back to the start I would of knocked over either spidey or x23 on my first run as well. If you take the above team mentioned, you can bring a BW for spidey (I used SL, he works as well) or a guillotine for x23. This saves you having to do both of them later on the same path. That's only if you plan to 100% it one day. Even if you don't plan to, I would still do it as I never thought i would either lol.

Good luck bro
    I assume after running it once, as with all content, I will want to 100%. If I decided to not go suicides route, I would definitely go pacify and courage. As for Mags 5*/4*/3* or any of the same champ, I thought they did away with stacking synergy due to the IF/LC issues with block prof. I could be totally wrong, but I thought you couldn't use the same champ for the same synergy. Thanks so much for the ideas and insight everyone! Starting to get excited, and at the same time dreading the 8 straight hours of fighting under stressful and extremely concentrating circumstances
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    #BananaGrant

Also, no suicides if you're using a r4 5* SL and you need at least 18% attack synergies for extended timer (for r4 5* SL)
    So the more attack you have the longer it's extended, or does it just extend to a point, past a certain amount of attack. Like, with double suicides woukd it be longer than single suicides?
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    I just finished a run today.
    Only have a 4* SL so ran with maxxed suicides for the majority of the fights. Worked pretty well as the 2pt loss with a 40% revive meant I just got to the 3rd enrage. 3rd specials don't incur recoil damage atm, so I just used those.

I didn't boost my attack with synergies because (after lots of testing), as long as attack is over the ~1k mark, you get the standard 4* 5/50 enrage timer - so I instead opted for a mutant crit rate / dmg team. Best combo I got with the timer was 200, average was 130.

I didn't use courage because that would have relied on me healing to over 50% to get the benefit.
    I switched masteries up twice 1) for Elektra (so I could still parry). 2) for Magik to max pacify.

I healed to full for magik / wm / falcon. Being at full health makes a huge difference to the unavoidable dmg reduction. Took magik out in 9 revives. Wm in 7.

The main disadvantage to suicides was that I couldn't boost with a 40% revive (the boosted attack means you get more poison), but 30% boost with LC > 20% boost anyway (and I still have boosts in the stash!).
    Only time I used boosts was for Maestro where I went to town using a revive and lvl 5 health pot.

Have fun!
    So you have to heal over 50% health, then be knocked below it to activate courage? I thought it was active the entirety of being below 50%
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Is a rank 4 black panther 5* with deep wounds and assassin maxed a good shout for LoL? I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon, at least not until Act 5 is finished but it would be nice to know people's thoughts on BP
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    So you have to heal over 50% health, then be knocked below it to activate courage? I thought it was active the entirety of being below 50%

Your right, Brian grant even did a video on it, courage activates when your under 50% no matter if you start above or below it
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Yeah 1 point in DW, max assassins. Max your stun and pacify. Only put 4 points in def the rest you stockpile into offense.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Is a rank 4 black panther 5* with deep wounds and assassin maxed a good shout for LoL? I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon, at least not until Act 5 is finished but it would be nice to know people's thoughts on BP

You will have trouble with UC and Colossus as they are both bleed inmune. You cab avoid colossus by taking on Gwen and Cyclops.

But Maestro reduces skill ability accuracy to zero. So he won't bleed as well. Will be a long fight.

Other than that, all good

Thanks for the advice, I'll consider it, and when I'm ready do a couple of quest runs

KML15 wrote: »
    Yeah 1 point in DW, max assassins. Max your stun and pacify. Only put 4 points in def the rest you stockpile into offense.

Oh yeah!!! Thanks for the advice. My def is 3 in SYG, and a few in block prof....mainly to unlock WP with needed points. Without suicides, WP is a luxury, not a necessity. Really appreciating all the replies and advice.