**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade 5* basic vs premium

moonmebabymoonmebaby Posts: 41
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
So...what would be the better option. 2 premium 5* blade crystals or 3 basic 5* blade crystals.

Blade 5* basic vs premium 44 votes

Basic (3 crystals)
22%
Elijah1929HeartlessRomario26BriinaDarkrider05Mohit_7GogetaDreadnoughtBobomanDEADLYPANTS 10 votes
Premium (2 crystals)
77%
OwGssMasterSmokeRagamugginGunnerdanielmathSnakeEyes69BigMoBendyShynight00TillerTheKillerZoddymamJadedSIlverProfessorEmil_LimsonNightCrackerChitlinsKestrelleSungjBUZZdog3000cjs8000BasicChamp 34 votes

Comments

• OwGssOwGss Posts: 81
    Premium (2 crystals)
    20% chance in the two premium vs .02% chance in regular...
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    He's referring to the unit ones I think?
    jq36a8xqsy99.jpeg
  • edited January 2018
    Premium (2 crystals)
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    He's referring to the unit ones I think?
    dont think so. Blade is in basic 5 star on feb 13. Then on 22nd he is featured. If blade is your goal the featured will give better odds but like any crystal shehulk is waiting etc

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    jq36a8xqsy99.jpeg

Assuming the data itself is fairly clean of biases, that suggests that the odds of pulling 4* are about one in eight, and the odds of pulling 5* are about one in 40. That would suggest the odds of pulling 5* are better than the odds of pulling 4* from the PHC, which are closer to one in 100 to 120.

It could be a coincidence, but these numbers also seem consistent with a 120 entry drop table, just as the PHC numbers seem roughly consistent with a 120 entry drop table. The numbers above seem very consistent with a drop table that looks like this:

1 - 5* featured (1 entry)
    2-3 - 5* non-featured (2 entries)
    4-7 - 4* featured (4 entries)
    8-18 - 4* non-featured (11 entries)
    19-120 - 3* champion (102 entries)

The expected percentage distribution from this table would be:

5* featured - 0.83%
    5* non-featured - 1.67%
    4* featured - 3.33%
    4* non-featured - 9.16%
    3* champion - 85%

That's a pretty good fit relative to the margin for error. What's interesting to me is my analysis of PHC drops long ago seemed to suggest a 4* champion drop rate from PHCs as closer to one in 120 rather than one in 100. Maybe this is an echo of the PHC drop table.
    In my very limited experience (monitoring 2 alliances worth of pulls for each featured) this table seems to be extremely accurate
  • moonmebabymoonmebaby Posts: 41
    Wow. Great graphic. Thanks guys.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Premium (2 crystals)
    Feature