**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Generic 4* awakening gem - on who?

Bought the $30 deal a week or so ago, trying to be smart about it. Options are:

- Archangel
- Doctor Voodoo
- Star Lord
- Medusa (?) (wasn’t considering her originally, but she seems to be a hot topic in a number of better/god-tier discussion threads.)

Don’t really have an ability accuracy reducer outside of a 4/40 4* sig 20 Elektra. Do have 3/5 MD. Am not yet Uncollected and haven’t yet conquered LoL or RoL.

I do plan/hope to beat the BPCW challenge for the awakening gem there as well to (hopefully) narrow the field, but if it doesn’t?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Awakened AA is amazing. Not only does his neurotoxins reduce ability accuracy, but they also block healing (very helpful for today's BP regen challenge).

The only thing to add to that is his sig ability needs to be at 35+ just so you only need 3 neuros to block 100% ability accuracy (so each one is worth over 33%).

He does rely heavily on his bleed abilities, so against immune champs his damage output is lackluster.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Definitely Star Lord.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Star-lord would be your champion then!
  • Bosoxg1rlBosoxg1rl Posts: 31
    The immune champ issue is my only concern with AA. I’ve got the sig stones to get him to at least 40.
  • Bosoxg1rlBosoxg1rl Posts: 31
    ...and minus the Luke Cage troll, thank you to those that have commented, and those that do. :)
  • LittleYinYinLittleYinYin Posts: 69
    AA .. help a lot in AQ Regen node
  • Medusa

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    To add to my AA post above:
    Voodoo is a good option because it makes all of his buffs/debuffs stronger. He needs to be awakened to be god tier. I don't have any experience with an awakened Voodoo though.

Starlord is meh. Yes, he can do some serious damage, but it's only if you can build a big hit streak. If you have the skill to do it, you still have to be in fights long enough to actually do it. 90% or more of all my fights are over in under 30 hits which makes his streak essentially useless. He's still at R4 for me and only used when I know I'll need him (even then he sits on the bench while I use my AA).

Medusa is regarded as god-tier, but she also relies on specific synergies with Karnak and Blackbolt. So in order for her to be awesome, you have to use 60% of your quest roster to do it. The synergies make her god-tier, without them, she's still really good.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Star Lord.

AA is amazing, but he's practically useless against bleed/poison immune opponents and debuff immune nodes.

No one is immune to raw damage though. About the only node I've come across that makes SL unusable is Spite (I think it's the global node in RTTL 4.5 and on the new war maps), because he has his fury buffs. But that's about the only thing in game that kinda limits him.

There's a reason why he's one of the few champs that's been around over 2 years that veteran players still use for most activities.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Voodoo. Here's why.
    You are currently looking for an ability accuracy reducer, so AA would be the most obvious choice. However, he requires a decent amount of sig stones. With Voodoo, simply awakening him already gives him a decent aa reduction. He also benefits from your md. In terms of damage, he does not compare to aa or sl, but utility wise he has it all- power control, regen, nullifying buffs, etc. These will be more useful than raw damage when it comes to story mode.

Disclaimer, I do not own a voodoo or archangel, but do have sl 5/50 sig 99. Absolutely great champ for extremely long fights, but requires endurance and skill. If you want to beat rol, he's your best option. Otherwise, he has nothing going for him.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Can't say I disagree with the logic, but I still prefer SL to Voodoo. Probably because SL is as simple as it gets. Lots of hits, don't get hit, spam s2.

Voodoo can be a little finicky at times, particularly if you go through a stretch of 10-15+ hits without any loas. And then there's keeping tabs on the combo meter of you're going for a specific effect. It's not hard, but there's more to pay attention to when using him than there is with SL.

That said, if you can't consistently sustain combos of like 75+ in a fight, then SL might not be the best option for you.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    It's such a tough call. Everybody who has commented about strengths and weaknesses is dead on.

For me, though...even with the bleed immune issue -- which does matter. Not saying it doesn't. It absolutely does -- I would probably still do AA.

The character is just ridiculously effective in the fights where you bleed/poison.

SL...yeah. No doiubt. If you can run up 100-plus hits, then yeah. He can be used almost everywhere.

But AA...what he does well is just unmatched.
  • I do not have a 4* AA to compare, but I have a R5 max Sig star Lord and Voodoo as 4*, and I'd say definitely Voodoo. Star Lord definitely has his uses, and all are exceptional champs, but in my opinion Voodoo is best because of his utility. With MD he's brutal. Get one bar, poison the opponent, bam you're back at a bar at least. Go ahead and throw some sp2 power burn on with that poison. Now your opponent is taking multiple poison damages, physical damage from hits, and power burn damage.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    As a 4* honestly you can't go wrong with any of your choices. As for me I'd do Star Lord. Simply because he carried me throughout every end game content that a 4* can beat (Act 4, RoL, Some paths of Act 5,and most of all my Labyrinth initial clear).