**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6-Star Champions: Save or Open?

OnYOnY Posts: 30
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
What are your opinions?

6-Star Champions: Save or Open? 167 votes

Save
44%
MattyloDARKLOKIRagamugginGunnerSnakeEyes69JOHNOSA1995Scnarfgnews85Alfa_PigeonBadroseThe_OneBitterSteelJaffacakedArchieMagpie1_HarcourtmazeThat_Dude52Spity68AndrewAce_03Gustafah88NguyenDau 74 votes
Open
55%
GamerStara99Vdh2008Whododo872cradlemanShrimkinsvd016DrOctavius2_2Hulk_77RaganatorNinjAlanLoPrestiFireballs5I_ZERO_IRomario26vg2782TortoigAxeCopFiremmmbanyasAdamdrt2006 93 votes

Comments

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Just do it! I hate questions like this9like rank questions or should i or should i not, FFS just do it)
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Open
    For the first one, I'd say open. Just for me, I want the personal achievement of "having" a 6 star.

After the first one, I may hold for news on "feature" crystals.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Open
    Just do it! I hate questions like this9like rank questions or should i or should i not, FFS just do it)

FFS don't tell him what to do
    Primmer79 wrote: »

He asked... I told

He asked... I told

And I told you

Well played...
  • OnYOnY Posts: 30
    IMO, Lags had some good advice from his stream yesterday. If you have a 4* in your prestige then open a 6* now. If you already have 5+ r4 or better 5* champs then you should wait because none of the current champs will help you in any area of the game.

I have only one 4/55, but i have enough resources to take 2 x 5* to r4 if i get sth decent. I guess i should open it then
    And i got juggernaut, probably the worst thing i could have gotten, screw mcoc honestly
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Save
    I have no reason to open mine I have maxed 4 stars that are god tier, I have one good 5 star out of 12 which is a rank 4 starlord, I am clearing content that gives me a lot of shards I have no need to open a bad 6 star so I might as well save for a featured 6 star. My aq teams and aw teams are already really good as well. If you sound similar to this then I suggest saving.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Open
    I got Iron Fist, which I wouldn't usually mind, but it's just not very good not awakened. At least he has a lot of damage and health... and makes more points in solo missions.
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    Save
    Got Thor Jane Foster... So happy :(
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yondu. 😊
  • MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    Open
    Just open it man. I was going to save it until featured crystals were released. Went back and read the post and realized it will be set up like the new 5* featured. Not worth the extra 5k shards at all.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Open
    Mahvel wrote: »
    Just open it man. I was going to save it until featured crystals were released. Went back and read the post and realized it will be set up like the new 5* featured. Not worth the extra 5k shards at all.

This, people are assuming the featured crystals will be the same as they are currently while it is more likely to be like the new featured setup (24 champs) ... And even then it could be a while to hold just to pull junk anyways.

Also have to consider that adrenaline makes the champs much more sustainable and puts them on a whole new level.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Depends on whether or not a 6* will help you. There are a few I'd put on defense but I don't see the point in opening right now. I don't want to wait a year but assuming we will get some information on the featured crystal in the not too distant future I'd rather wait.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Open
    OnY wrote: »
    IMO, Lags had some good advice from his stream yesterday. If you have a 4* in your prestige then open a 6* now. If you already have 5+ r4 or better 5* champs then you should wait because none of the current champs will help you in any area of the game.

I have only one 4/55, but i have enough resources to take 2 x 5* to r4 if i get sth decent. I guess i should open it then

When i opened mine i was like anyone except Juggy. thank god i was lucky to no get him.
  • PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    I have 2 r4 5* - though I have all I need to take a couple more up when I get a decent option - so the opportunity to get what is basically a r4 at the cost of gold and iso was too good to turn down.

Got Luke Cage so I am fairly pleased (never thought I would say that!) - he hits really hard once he gets going and takes damage better than what I have.

If you have only a couple of r4 and still have some of Act 5 to do as I do then i think it's worth the shot - it could save you a lot of units!
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★

This, people are assuming the featured crystals will be the same as they are currently while it is more likely to be like the new featured setup (24 champs) ... And even then it could be a while to hold just to pull junk anyways.

Not likely, more Kabam already said it

"In the future, we will be releasing a Featured 6-Star Crystal that will feature a set of 24 champions - similar to the updated Featured 5-Star Crystal."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/46361/6-star-release#latest
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Open
    I got Cable, all good.
    At least what you guys got is somewhat useful, my juggernaut not really
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Open
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »

Not likely, more Kabam already said it

"In the future, we will be releasing a Featured 6-Star Crystal that will feature a set of 24 champions - similar to the updated Featured 5-Star Crystal."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/46361/6-star-release#latest

Ok good to know thank you lol, I knew I got that feeling from somewhere but did not want to explicitly say it without proof.

So @o.p. consider this instead of the "wait for featured responses"

5k extra 6* shards for 1/24 chance is cringy. For the player at the moment that is 2 months of uncollected event quests (unless you are pulling 9 5* dupes a month)
  • This is fake
  • Give away account of mcoc
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    I am saving myself since all the featured champs will be put into basic once the new featured is released. Would love to have a chance at Domino, Corvus, IMIW, Cap IW, or any of the others for 5000 less shards. Last time I opened a six I got DD for my featured 15k shards. Not repeating that unless GR or Stark Spidey are in the featured.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    Save
    Save for September for a better chance at a good pull, but if you are asking about regular or featured, go regular. A 6* is strong even if they aren’t god tier
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Open
    Guys, I just love resurrecting old threads.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Open
    I opened my first 3 and then save 3 at a time so I can get a full arena team
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Save
    Septemeber 11th the pool is expanded