**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Captain Marvel's SP2 [Fix in Progress]

Comments

• Admittingly it does suck that this still isn’t reliable. Her L2 hits so hard and I never use it, just can’t rely on it connecting
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    As I don't have either of the marvels I can't relate, however I can relate to waiting almost a year for something to get fixed (pure skill). I really hope they get fixed sooner then later. Everybody that ranked her before she went to **** deserve it. Good luck guys.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    They’ve got this in the same line with bases, pure skill, and the cure for cancer.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    At this point they SHOULD send a compensation package for anyone with a rank 5 marvel. She has had a bugged, failing special, longer than any other character in the game and never received proper treatment to fix said issue.

My hard earned materials are going to waste on a rank 5 that technically isn’t working properly and just collecting dust on a shelf

CM specific rank down tickets would be more in line. Why should only people with rank 5 cm get theirs fixed? mine is at 4, and I want my resources back if they aren't going to fix her.
    :'(
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    as a sign of good faith, would at least be great to see this group invited to beta test the 17.1 update with a potential fix for Cap Marvel, if the team is working on one
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Just venting but Kabam support is like dealing with 1st grade kids! They just don’t understand ****! I lose brain cells everytime I talk to them! I sent more tickets in for the CM issue and they were just lost in space even with this forum link with all our good data in it!
    RDT
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited January 2018
    I don't even use her that often and I know that sp2 is busted.

Plain and simple make it unblockable, it's not like it can't be evaded

The added bonus, more money. I guess the weigh-in is between good players who can't use her offensively, vs not so good players who can't handle her defensively. Which one would make more profit
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Hey Everybody,

First of all, we're really sorry for being quiet on this topic for so long. As you all know, we're not able to comment on something until we have something to share with you all. This topic, however, has been quite a long standing one, and we've discussed a lot of options with the team.

Our original intention with Captain Marvel was to redo her animations completely, which would have solved this issue. However, time constraints have made us push this off a few times.

We are now committing to fixing her Special 2 Animation as it is. Unfortunately, we won't be able to do this right away, and will require a new update. It's also not likely to get into the next Update, but we are trying to see if we can do it for version 17.1. If this is not possible, it will be in 17.2.

Thank you all for being SO patient with this issue.

So basically you are telling us another 8 month wait? This is pure Unacceptable by any standards and you as a moderator know that as well
    Hey Everybody,

First of all, we're really sorry for being quiet on this topic for so long. As you all know, we're not able to comment on something until we have something to share with you all. This topic, however, has been quite a long standing one, and we've discussed a lot of options with the team.

Our original intention with Captain Marvel was to redo her animations completely, which would have solved this issue. However, time constraints have made us push this off a few times.

We are now committing to fixing her Special 2 Animation as it is. Unfortunately, we won't be able to do this right away, and will require a new update. It's also not likely to get into the next Update, but we are trying to see if we can do it for version 17.1. If this is not possible, it will be in 17.2.

Give us the Rank Down Ticket while you guys figure out how to do this. We've waited long enough.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    Seriously? How has this not been slated to be fixed in any of the prebious updates let alone the next one or the one after. Kabam is ridiculous. Not only can I not use my captain marvel, but now my angela is bugged and I expect a fix maybe in 2019.

They actually did try to fix it earlier, I think it was a part of update 15.0 or 15.1. I would not expect you to check back and read through all this thread and other threads about it, cause well that would have involved reading and educating yourself instead of just spouting off like usual. Unfortunately the update did not fix the issue which is why you see the admin basically saying there is far more to reword with the champ than just small changes.
    Hey Everybody,

Thank you for responding to this issue... While I do appreciate the team's efforts in finding a resolution to this issue, it is also important for them to understand that a small group of players have had to solely rely on this champion to help clear content for them... especially when they are limited to the champs they have as rank 4s

Captain Marvel was my main champ on AQ for months due to her poison immunity, but I was never able to use her SP2 without resulting in killing myself.. The RDTs which came as a surprise in December helped me reassign my resources, but as many have pointed out this wasn't a fair solution

While the team fixes the issue, I hope they do identify how this has affected players like myself and come up with a fair solution quickly, rather than keeping us waiting another two months
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Great, so how do you intend to compensate us for having this broken for so long? How about I take the air conditioner out of your car for 8+ months and tell you I’m working on it? The lack of any real form of apology is just waving a big middle finger at your customer base. A comment by a mod in a forum isn’t an apology. I could not work in the field because I think too much of my customer base in what I do.
    It’s not the point of using her s2 or storing it. Sometimes you need to fire a special off when stuck in danger....

Another good point... Imagine getting cornered, having an SP2 stored to push your opponent back only to have him block, parry and kill you... Asking customer to deal with a broken mechanic for 8+ months and saying, wait a couple more isnt very professional

• DanbambamDanbambam Posts: 27
    It is very unfortunate to not have this ongoing issue fixed on this update. Her special level 2 has been broken for ages . Yes, it is best to save the power bar in order to hit harder, but sometimes you just want to finish the fight with a nice move and with her it is just not possible.
This discussion has been closed.