**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A.I. ALWAYS blocks SP after 5 hit combo

Just as the title says I am never able to land a SP attack on an opponent after a 5 hit combo, it is ALWAYS blocked.
This has always been an issue for me for as long as I've played the game and just always thought that how it's supposed to work, apparently not. I was watching the Seatin live stream today and noticed that he ALWAYS lands his SPs after a 5 hit combo. After seeing this I asked a few of my alliance members and got mixed results, some are able to and some are not. I've tried ending my combos with both L and M hits but with no avail. Maybe I'm missing something but I doubt it, I'm a fairly competent fighter not to sound arrogant. Any tips would be helpful but I'm thinking that this is some sort of bug, maybe affecting only Android users? Thanks

Comments

• _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    Sorry, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Some characters can't combo into their special like Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel. What champion do you have this issue with? For 90% of the champions the standard MLLLM into SP1/SP2 works. You just have to cancel into the special as fast as possible from the medium attack.
    I used Vision AOU and SL, same as what Seatin was using in his video. I fire off the SP IMMEDIATELY after pressing for the 5th hit.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Yup. Same thing happens with me as well. I've tried it with different champs. All get blocked.
    Maybe the reaction time of our champs is slow.
    Yes, i'm on android.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    Same as OP

I've had a 2% chance of landing it after the fifth hit. I gave up on that soon after I started playing this game. I've since used all specials anywhere in the combo. I don't think it was an issue. I thought it was no different than the easy streak being different for everyone.

I use an iPhone 7+ and a 6 before that. And it's with ANY champ.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    This started happening after 12.0 patch with the super aggressive AI. Any fight I have with any champ against aggressive AI (you know what I'm talking about right?), you can't get a special to land even after 4 hit combo... have to wait till they dash attack you to fire it off. I'm on iOS devices so pretty sure this isn't device related.
    You may be trying to finish your 5 hit combo with a light attack instead of a medium attack. You should be able to land your specials after a combo of m,l,l,l,m,special. I usually launch specials after my fourth combo hit though, just in case I miss my medium attack at the end of the combo, it's just more reliable.

I stated this in the original post, it doesn't matter if I end the combo in a L or M attack. Still never lands
  • This has nothing to do with how a person is playing. This was never a issue before 12.0. Every update after it has been a ongoing issue.
  • DK1825DK1825 Posts: 43
    I'm facing since 12.0 update
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @_solidsnake. Sorry that you're having issues trying to chain a combo into your Special attack. This is actually an issue that the team is working on, and they're hoping to have a fix prepared for the next update. You can watch our Known Issues post here for updates. Thanks for hanging in there!
This discussion has been closed.