**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

T-Mobile - Connection issue [Merged]

Comments

• Freshone619Freshone619 Posts: 9
    HELLO KABAM FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!
  • Any real update other than we’re looking into it?@Kabam Miike
  • jj991987jj991987 Posts: 7
    edited February 2018
    @Kabam Miike Oh no my friend has cut me off of his hot spot now to find another friend to bum internet off of... too bad my unlimited T-Mobile data won’t suffice nk6gw8herybc.png
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not this is a carrier problem or a game team problem? Or combination of both? How about whether or not the game team has taken steps to reach out to the carrier?

8bd750n51ka9.png

Several of us have called tmobile and asked them to check connections or port blocks to particular servers, it's on Kabams end
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh Posts: 15
    I finally found a fix for this bug.
    Force close the game first. Install a VPN app like Betternet and don’t connect within the app, go to your phone VPN as in the SS and turn it on.
    Game will work right away. Might be slow but it’s working for me.
    pm3bnm4drnms.png
  • But that’s a third party app that will get people banned
  • Freshone619Freshone619 Posts: 9
    Having same issue iOS device iPhone 6 user
  • CAD07CAD07 Posts: 83
    ThePharaoh wrote: »
    Force close the game first. Install a VPN app like Betternet and don’t connect within the app, go to your phone VPN as in the SS and turn it on.
    pm3bnm4drnms.png

appreciate the temp fix boss, but it is not our job as the customers to try and find other methods to get throught this bug.... Kabam as the developer should ACTUALLY work on getting a fix, i don't think it takes over a day to fix this..... and sad to say but this my go into the weekend and possibly into next week with the way their "working" on a bug fix.
  • This is frustrating. When I get some time to play, I get no connection. Nice update. 👎🏾
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    edited February 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not this is a carrier problem or a game team problem? Or combination of both? How about whether or not the game team has taken steps to reach out to the carrier?

8bd750n51ka9.png

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

The carrier definitely isn’t the responsible party here. Nothing about the network has changed since before Kabam released the v17.0 update that broke connectivity. Additionally, other Kabam games like Transformers are encountering no issues. Lastly, multiple people have posted saying that they can connect their T-Mobile device to another T-Mobile device using the hotspot feature and that gets them into the game so there’s clearly something in the v17.0 build of the game that is breaking connectivity when it registers a T-Mobile network ID. It’s the act of recognizing a T-Mobile network ID that is causing the conflict not the network itself as you can get passed this recognition process by connecting to a T-Mobile hotspot(which basically registers as a WiFi network not a T-Mobile network) even though it’s obviously using the T-Mobile network.
    But that’s a third party app that will get people banned

AGREE, dont use any of these apps! Kabam has to fix this on their end..... at the end of the day they will NEVER admit its their issue and start issuing bans to everyone for their screw up.
  • What we need to do is all iPhone users which appears to be all of us need to start posting negative reviews maybe then @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf or someone else will respond
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh Posts: 15
    edited February 2018
    Using a VPN app will not get banned.
    The app will NOT interfere with the gameplay. It’s a privacy option and many ppl are using VPN configurations at home or business.
    I didn’t see anything in the FAQ saying we can’t use a VPN service app.
    ThePharaoh wrote: »
    pm3bnm4drnms.png

I wouldn’t suggest promoting a workaround for this issue. All that does is remove the urgency for Kabam to get the issue fixed ASAP. Thank you for trying to help though. I realize that suggestion may be a necessity for some people.
  • I have the same problem.
  • ritzdeezritzdeez Posts: 8
    This is coming at a pretty awful time. There's a lot of time sensitive content that's currently going on and we're just left out here in the cold. Some type of update from Kabam would be nice.
  • CT1CT1 Posts: 3
    Is there a fix for this being worked on?
  • @ThePharaoh I’m not using another app to play this game simple as that theirs no reason for it in due time they will fix the issues if they are at fault you just need patience working with tech isn’t always an easy fix
    seriously where in the F*** the damn youtubers when you need them to speak for the community..... this is just horrible. starting to look like kabam.... "doesnt affect us" so we can care less..
  • Same here...missing AW and AQ
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    @Kabam Miike is it allowed to use the VPN in this situation
    DONT!!!! this is just gonna be an excuse for them to stall the fix for this!!! NO VPN!!!!!
    @ThePharaoh I’m not using another app to play this game simple as that theirs no reason for it in due time they will fix the issues if they are at fault you just need patience working with tech isn’t always an easy fix

There is a relatively easy fix...suspend the release of all new content and roll back the update to the previous version until they can properly test this build on all networks so that they aren’t alienating a giant portion of their players who are on the U.S.’s third largest carrier who just don’t get to play while they are poking around looking for the problem and everyone else does.
  • Having problems even with WiFi, thought I am a T-Mobile subscriber using an iPhone X... my WiFi provider is Verizon Fios
  • BalammBalamm Posts: 11
    Any one know when this is going to be fix
    I have not been able to log in with out wifie from yesterday and l was not able to help my alliance with AQ and war is already started and still can’t log in
    CAD07 wrote: »
    seriously where in the F*** the damn youtubers when you need them to speak for the community..... this is just horrible. starting to look like kabam.... "doesnt affect us" so we can care less..

You should try creating a new thread asking YouTubers to help. Maybe they just need a more attention grabbing headline than the one we’re in now to catch their attention. You can post the link to this thread in the first post.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    @Bryman187 @NinjAlan that’s very helpful. I don’t imagine there’s anything the carrier has done, but it’s worthwhile to ask anyway. Not sure what the fix is here if it doesn’t get up and running—I will have access to WiFi today eventually, but for those who won’t it seems more than a little unfair.

Dr. Zola
  • BalammBalamm Posts: 11
    I need to know if this issue is going to be fix soon cause l have been trying to log in from yesterday after the update and the app only works on wifi only
  • Senior_SpeedSenior_Speed Posts: 10
    This is just getting annoying man the fact that we have deal lag that the game gives all the time even y’all swear y’all constantly fixing. Plus the lag just so happens to get worse the closer To a boss or in a boss fight. Now we lose playing because we can’t even play when we want to. This is just getting out of hand it’s always something man. Now let’s see if players actually get something out of this. Since we have to deal with this non stop problem let’s see if we actually get something for waiting so long. Sorry not sorry but it’s just getting annoying now.
This discussion has been closed.