**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awakening Gem availability

Since the recent rewards of act 5.2 are lacking any awakening gems, Kabam, could you please offer more ways to obtain the 4* AND 5* gems? I have been lucky enough to pull an occasional featured hero but am not a whale and do not have the means to spend hundreds/thousands to dupe them. An awakening gem allows you to make more money off of us and helps your player base. Please consider this. Thanks

Comments

• K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Just not gonna happen.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Star_Lord_ wrote: »
    An awakening gem allows you to make more money off of us and helps your player base.

How exactly?

They would instantly be losing money because of the amount of people who would buy it, versus spending units/money for the CHANCE to get that champ awakened. This game revolves around chance, and that chance is the companies profit point....
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    LoPresti wrote: »
    An awakening gem allows you to make more money off of us and helps your player base.

How exactly?

I can answer - I would buy the awakening gem, as well as most of my alliance, whereas all of us (except one) will not spend anything to dupe a featured. A $30 awakening gem deal will go far right now, especially with the signature stone in the expert grounds.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Antgeo1 wrote: »

How exactly?

I can answer - I would buy the awakening gem, as well as most of my alliance, whereas all of us (except one) will not spend anything to dupe a featured. A $30 awakening gem deal will go far right now, especially with the signature stone in the expert grounds.

^^^This. Our alliance is the same way. As long as the 4* gem is $30 or less, Kabam would make many sales, now the 5* gem would be interesting depending on the price point. $50 or less, most would buy. $100 or more...probably not many.
    $30 awakening gem deal? what are you smoking?
    Have you seen the previous deals for awakening gems? Do you not see that they are such a wanted item that kabam will not be basically giving them away at that price?

The thousands of forum threads on this one, and the old forum illustrate that. $30? L.M.F.A.O.
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    $30 awakening gem deal? what are you smoking?
    Have you seen the previous deals for awakening gems? Do you not see that they are such a wanted item that kabam will not be basically giving them away at that price?

The thousands of forum threads on this one, and the old forum illustrate that. $30? L.M.F.A.O.

A price point of $30 for a 4* awakening gem crystal is right in line. The usefulness of 4*'s are waning, so this is a reasonable price. In this post alone we have examples of 2 alliances that would all purchase a deal such as the one described. Now last year, yes maybe the price would be higher, but now - $30 for a 1 in 6 chance to get the one you need...seems right to me.
    So keep laughing, as I am suggesting a valid price point.
    I'm not disputing the fact that Kabam's 'deals' are overpriced, at all.
  • Sir_PootingtonSir_Pootington Posts: 45
    *sniff* do I smell Awakening gems?
    edited June 2017
    So, todays deal is a total 10,000 units for a 5* Crystal, and you think they'll sell awakening gems for $50.. Maybe next year
  • They have sold 4* awakening gems for $30 on more than one occasion.
    So, todays deal is a total 10,000 units for a 5* Crystal, and you think they'll sell awakening gems for $50.. Maybe next year

STEVE. START MILKING THE WHALES.
    They have sold 4* awakening gems for $30 on more than one occasion.

Exactly, it has happened.
    Shards, shards, and more shards. It is the same offers...feel like I'm on the movie Groundhog Day. Kabam - here is a hint for you. We can all get shards, but we can't get tier 2 alphas, awakening gems, T4Cs, etc.

My thought is they are going to lower the 5* crystal cost and they are trying to make as much money as possible while they still cost their current inflated amount. Once the cost of 5*s drop, the 4*s will be the new 3*s.
    Shards, shards, and more shards. It is the same offers...feel like I'm on the movie Groundhog Day. Kabam - here is a hint for you. We can all get shards, but we can't get tier 2 alphas, awakening gems, T4Cs, etc.

My thought is they are going to lower the 5* crystal cost and they are trying to make as much money as possible while they still cost their current inflated amount. Once the cost of 5*s drop, the 4*s will be the new 3*s.

Like I initially said: wait until next year for that. 4* are still viable for all endgame content.
    Let me just go ahead and point out today's deal for a 4* Awakening gem is set at $139.99 CDN.

But you go ahead and ask for your 5* awakening gems for $50. You see? Kabam's set their economy high, and they're sticking with it.
    Let me just go ahead and point out today's deal for a 4* Awakening gem is set at $139.99 CDN.

But you go ahead and ask for your 5* awakening gems for $50. You see? Kabam's set their economy high, and they're sticking with it.

My price suggestion was for a 4* awakening crystal, by itself for $30. This offer is for class specific and 40 signature stones ups its value. BUT $100 for this is too much!

So K1lltastic, I stand corrected, my price point greatly differed from Kabams...too bad, I would have purchased this offer for $50 or less.

Kabam, on 2nd though, I would like to withdraw my request for a 5* awakening gem. The cost, by comparison is WAY too steep, and seeing the offer and not having the funds to buy it would hurt more. Just being honest
    I would love to see different tiers of Awakening gems be sold in the glory store. Glory is gained pretty slowly, so it would be worth saving for them. By this I meant not a bundle, not a deal, JUST the gem.
    edited June 2017
    Awakening gems of any kind are epic items, don't kid yourselves.

I mean, in the coming years, since Kabam has stated plans 'up to and beyond 2020' for this game, I'll assume that 6*, and 7* champs are planned, and by then, we'll see the prices you're looking for.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited June 2017

How exactly?

^^^This. Our alliance is the same way. As long as the 4* gem is $30 or less, Kabam would make many sales, now the 5* gem would be interesting depending on the price point. $50 or less, most would buy. $100 or more...probably not many.

I would love to see how many awakening gems they sold for $100 in this past offer. Probably not a lot Lol where as had it been a 30 dollar awakening gem, people may have bought MORE than one, based off of the sheer value of what you're paying for. But 100 bucks is just a slap in the face to the common player, not the 1% who drop stacks.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Maybe if we're blessed Kabam will drop a 4* gem next week on the event calendar. What a world that would be
    Feeney234 wrote: »

How exactly?

I would love to see how many awakening gems they sold for $100 in this past offer. Probably not a lot Lol where as had it been a 30 dollar awakening gem, people may have bought MORE than one, based off of the sheer value of what you're paying for. But 100 bucks is just a slap in the face to the common player, not the 1% who drop stacks.

Pretty sure you have to look at it from Kabam's point of view, and not your own wallet, bud.

If they weren't making a billion dollars a year off their game, they would change the rates and prices, right? BUT, the prices are staying the same, right? That would imply that they have a large playerbase of PAYING PLAYERS who have no problem spending that large amount. It would hurt Kabam to sell these items for less when they can sell them for more.