**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please Indicate One-Way Nodes More Clearly

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
It’s been a while since I’ve been ensnared by poor map design, but count me ensnared this month. EQ 2.1 as shown below prevents me from going anywhere except to IP, which doesn’t make a lot of sense. It’s disappointing when you think you are about to 100% the nodes and links and wind up on a path you’ve already done. Not the end of the world, but annoying...

How about including a little arrow/chevron or something to indicate one way nodes? Or make the node a different node? Or just use the fancy teleport nodes to ensure this sort of confusion doesn’t occur. Would be appreciated.

Dr. Zolaviiiot9t4nr3.png

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The dotted lines move towards their destination. Look at the map before moving.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    This was a nice and easy path. Indeed, take a minor minute, check paths, then move ahead.
    I went Doc Ock, Hela, over the left through Puni, MS and finally IM. % runs and indeed, nice, short. Liked it.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Also why would you think that you could pass the middle of the map? That would make no sense for a map design.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Admittedly a dumb error, and as I said, I don’t often get ensnared. I did this time, mainly by assuming map fluidity that wasn’t there and looking at unfinished dashed lines. There are often paths that cross back over, but in this case they don’t.

What primarily tripped me up was the link between the node I am on and the one immediately preceding it, which would remain dashed if I went top side. Like I said, not the end of the world, but in my opinion a poor map design if a dashed link between nodes remains even after exploration.

Dr. Zola

8o71pacbam18.jpeg

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    2 one side and 2 the other...

Obviously you needed to go left at start
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    All right, all right...we can stipulate I made a stupid misstep—instinctively heading to the bottom because it had dashed lines remaining instead of considering the overall map is foolhardy. And it’s all done now, at a puny cost of about 20 energy lost, so no need to beat a dead horse (or dead Summoner).

But my point remains the same: it’s unusual (and a little sloppy in my view) to make an EQ or SQ map that will have dashed lines left untraveled and still allow for 100% explore.

Will leave it at that—feel free to pile on. If it helps another Summoner who is dumb enough to duplicate my error, it was worth it.

Dr. Zola