**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Great start to AW

Thanks to Kabam's crappy AW matchup system we faced a 10.6mil ally today when we are just 9mil. Great way to start the season. Thanks Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    Mcfly89Mcfly89 Posts: 28
    Yup, that’s a normal matchup to be honest. Also AW seasons haven’t started yet.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Seasons haven't started yet and that's farily normal one.

I've seen far worse match ups than that try a 600k vs a 6 million one, 500k vs 5 million, and many many others the match up system can be a bit broken and occasionally you'll just really terrible match ups.
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 540 ★★★
    Our current matchup is a 10.3m alliance, we are 7.2m.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Season starts next week, stop crying.
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Total rating doesn’t really mean much. Effectiveness can vary. I think strongest team is the most relevant representation of an individual player.
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    lol, people now a days complain about pretty much everything. Jesus. Suck it up buttercup, it ain't unfair. It's very normal.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Thanks to the new system all the top are getting handed 6* shards and Tier 5 basic shards, just for buying cheap units

Yay for the rest of us who DONT CHEAT and GET NOTHING
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 540 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Our current matchup is a 10.3m alliance, we are 7.2m.

Now that’s some BS. When we were a 7 mill alliance that would happen and we’d get slaughtered.

That is exactly what's happening. Can't see percentages, but it is a slaughter for sure.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Kamr05 wrote: »
    Thanks to Kabam's crappy AW matchup system we faced a 10.6mil ally today when we are just 9mil. Great way to start the season. Thanks Kabam.

Last I checked, each alliance member can only take 8 champs total into war. Focus on that. How does your team's 8 war champs stack up against theirs? Are they all comparable rank and level? Or are most members of your ally maxed out with 4/4/40 and theirs are all 5/4/55?

We've taken on alliances with more than 2mil higher rating than ours, but in most cases our war champs were all relatively even. They just happened to be big time hoarders and must have had all of their 3* and below maxed out to inflate their rating.

Also, usually if/when you get paired up with a significantly more powerful alliance, it usually means that (a) your alliance has been performing well in war, and (b) their alliance has been on a bit of a losing streak.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Less than 2 mill difference isn’t OMG unfair. More like a bit unbalanced.

I'm not sure what's worse; putting a Sonja Morgan gif on an MCOC thread or me recognizing Sonja Morgan.
  • Options
    Alliances are matched by war rating, not alliance rating. Kabam seemed to be messing with a combination war rating/prestige match making system for a month or two but reverted it back to being based solely on war rating recently. Your alliance rating and your opponent's rating are meaningless to match making.

War rating is a measure of your win/loss record. The more wars you win, the stronger the game presumes you are, and alliances with similar war ratings are presumed to be comparable in strength. That's actually what a fair match making system ought to do.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    We are 7 million ally and matched twice in a row with 10+ million alliances.... we lost both the fights, good dent in our ratings... we can’t match with rank 4 5* champs
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Alliances are matched by war rating, not alliance rating. Kabam seemed to be messing with a combination war rating/prestige match making system for a month or two but reverted it back to being based solely on war rating recently. Your alliance rating and your opponent's rating are meaningless to match making.

War rating is a measure of your win/loss record. The more wars you win, the stronger the game presumes you are, and alliances with similar war ratings are presumed to be comparable in strength. That's actually what a fair match making system ought to do.

Nope

• Options
    Acanthus wrote: »

Nope

So far as I've seen, and so far as everything I've been told, that statement is true. If you have specific facts that contradict that I'm all ears: Kabam has made lots of unannounced changes in AW recently. But I don't consider "nope" to be a credible data point.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★

Nope

So far as I've seen, and so far as everything I've been told, that statement is true. If you have specific facts that contradict that I'm all ears: Kabam has made lots of unannounced changes in AW recently. But I don't consider "nope" to be a credible data point.

Only matching 14+ million alliances at 1200 war rating kinda disproves it. Last one was 18 million
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Really? I remember 3 years ago facing 9 mil alliances when mine was at 3mil.

This can be closed

Wars have only been live for about 20 months so no!
  • Options

Nope

Only matching 14+ million alliances at 1200 war rating kinda disproves it. Last one was 18 million

I have literally no idea what you are trying to say here. If match making reverted to being based on war rating only, then you'd be matched against alliances with similar war rating regardless of alliance rating. You seem to be telling me you're getting matched at the same war rating but different alliance ratings, which is exactly what I would expect if matching was happening based on war rating. Clearly one of us is missing something here.

Also, my alliance war rating is 1218. We just got matched against an alliance with 1221 rating. We're about 9.8, they are 7.7, so both of us are 1200 rating alliances being matched against other alliances below 14 million.