**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you be interested in a subscription-based service?

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
If Kabam were to offer a $9.99 a month subscription that would allow you to do things like pick your own avatar and also give you bonus items when opening crystals that you wouldn't normally receive (like an extra 750 T4 Basics on an Uncollected Daily Crystal, or a bonus 55 4* shards on a dupe, etc), would you do it? I only ask because I've seen this done well in a few other games, and it's been pretty helpful.

Would you be interested in a subscription-based service? 97 votes

YES
16%
ThatweirdguyVdh2008HulksmasshhNoob_2yrsADDIS0NDarcilishheemmThawnimMixkebabLambertWebbdogSloppy_StuMahvelG0311Blove_518kingButtnugget79 16 votes
NO
55%
Crine60Etaki_LirakoiDL864Elijah1929DARKLOKIvd016GbSarkarLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelChadhoganTBJ1118DrOctavius2_2stakScarredPoolThe_Greatest_OneCapWW2Ace_03dangerbluMrbeast6000Primmer79 54 votes
MAYBE - I'd really have to feel like my $10 was money well-spent
27%
DAVIDTHWhododo872ShrimkinsSirnoobThat_Dude52NekrosonarFireballs5Riise81adqqedfyvrMasterTroller42ConquestMC1111111Mcfly89SvainHzoriimnooneIcecold2099GrifsaderCaliGirlCGCloud99999 27 votes

Comments

• Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    But they do? The Daily Cards are the "subscriptions"
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    Why bother when people can buy units for 5$ to attempt to kill that lastboss
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    NO
    No not the energy that has to be earned through levelling up when they end up adding more levels.
  • Vegeta9001_Vegeta9001_ Posts: 38
    edited February 2018
    Something not dissimilar from ESO Plus wouldn't go amiss, get a lump sum of units per month 275 most likely, along with beta access to things like the LC and Rulk guaranteed, and some other small goodies like 5x5 L5 Potions Weekly, or 5 Refills. Just small stuff that adds up, for a 9.99 pm value. Forum side you could have Premium Avatars/Bio Banners, and a premium lounge with a weeks early access to information about upcoming champs. Extra inventory space and a +10 increase to energy cap while the subscription is active would also tempt recurring members rather than a one and done.

It wouldn't be bad, I personally wouldn't go for it but plenty would go for a Mcoc Premium Membership.
  • YES
    I get what you’re saying would be really cool like maybe extra iso with duped or bonus gold on arena crystals or something I’d sign up for autopay lol
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    YES
    They got me hooked. I’m not blubberiest whale but I will buy my fair share of deals. If they can offer additional items/incentives for a long-term commitment that more than $10 would normally get me from an offer, then sign me up. $10 / month is not a lot at all when in perspective of what they value the more lucrative items in this game.
  • YES
    Yes, I would like it but it needs to be something worthwhile.
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    The problem with this idea is that you are trusting Kabam not to slowly squeeze out non subscribers and indirectly force them to become subscribers by subtly increasing the benefits for subscribers and decreasing standard rewards and content over time for everyone else. You’re putting way too much faith in Kabam making fair and reasonable decisions and not looking at the dollar signs. You’d be giving them an incentive to try to get as many people on the subscription model as possible because, as it stands, they have two classes of players; whales(who will continue to spend subscription or not) and free-to-players(who try not to spend) so Kabam really only sees one revenue stream from those two classes. If you give Kabam an incentive to collect from two revenue streams by making it nearly impossible for free-to-players to progress and enjoy playing the game without subscribing, they’ll do it. If you don’t think Kabam would take this approach you haven’t been playing the game very long.
    Bryman187 wrote: »
    The problem with this idea is that you are trusting Kabam not to slowly squeeze out non subscribers and indirectly force them to become subscribers by subtly increasing the benefits for subscribers and decreasing standard rewards and content over time for everyone else. You’re putting way too much faith in Kabam making fair and reasonable decisions and not looking at the dollar signs. You’d be giving them an incentive to try to get as many people on the subscription model as possible because, as it stands, they have two classes of players; whales(who will continue to spend subscription or not) and free-to-players(who try not to spend) so Kabam really only sees one revenue stream from those two classes. If you give Kabam an incentive to collect from two revenue streams by making it nearly impossible for free-to-players to progress and enjoy playing the game without subscribing, they’ll do it. If you don’t think Kabam would take this approach you haven’t been playing the game very long.
    I don't trust anyone, especially big business.

That said, I was inquiring in a more hypothetical "perfect world" scenario.

The idea is that everything would remain exactly as it is now for non-subscribers... so, if you don't subscribe, your progression stays the same.

Subscribers get a little boost... maybe $25 worth of extra goodies for a a guaranteed $10 to Kabam.

Maybe even something that doesn't have anything to do with progression... like the ability to choose your own avatar, regardless of your top-champ.

Just having a discussion... not trying to ruffle any feathers or put any F2P people on the defensive.

My feathers aren’t roughled, I just don’t want to give them any ideas lol. In a perfect idealistic world, yes a subscription model could be intriguing, but unfortunately Kabam’s world is far from perfect so positing this idea is vaguely destructive only in that I personally don’t foresee something like this working out so I’d hate to give Kabam any reason to consider it. But I’m sure they’ve already considered this option and ruled it out as non viable so I’m probably being too paranoid. Anyway, continue on with your poll. I didn’t necessarily mean to try to shut down your idea, it just worries me.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    NO
    pay to win is a no no
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I've done this "VIP" subscription thing in other games before so I'm not against the idea, but it really has to be worth it.
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    NO
    Hmmm, this poll is about something that could potentially make Kabam more money so it'll get to stay around but the poll i posted calling them out on their BS and how they should delay new content until the can fix the current issues gets deleted. Screw Kabam and their nonsense.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    pay to win is a no no

In other games I've played it was never really a P2W thing. It was mostly convenience stuff and/or things that give a minor advantage.

In MCoC it could be expanded inventories, faster cool downs on arena champs, claiming free crystals every 2 hours instead of 4, ect, ect.

Plus let's not kid ourselves here. This game is already p2w. So why not offer some services at a more reasonable price?
    Hmmm, this poll is about something that could potentially make Kabam more money so it'll get to stay around but the poll i posted calling them out on their BS and how they should delay new content until the can fix the current issues gets deleted. Screw Kabam and their nonsense.

I was in the middle of writing a very well thought out, well articulated point on your thread when they deleted it. Irritating lol. They could have just closed it and not deleted it so people could at least read it.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    NO
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    In MCoC it could be expanded inventories, faster cool downs on arena champs

Those are huge advantages
    pay to win is a no no

In other games I've played it was never really a P2W thing. It was mostly convenience stuff and/or things that give a minor advantage.

In MCoC it could be expanded inventories, faster cool downs on arena champs, claiming free crystals every 2 hours instead of 4, ect, ect.

Plus let's not kid ourselves here. This game is already p2w. So why not offer some services at a more reasonable price?

It could also be more shards, faster energy refills, more content, free monthly gifts etc. Not sure why anyone who’s been playing this game for any length of time would assume Kabam would do the fair and reasonable thing if given an option.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    YES

Your poll was idiotic and they've already addressed that sentiment numerous times by telling us the teams are completely different.

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Marvel Puzzle Quest's VIP program speeds up the rate of your progression and heals your champs faster. Something along those lines would be cool.
    edited February 2018
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

Your poll was idiotic and they've already addressed that sentiment numerous times by telling us the teams are completely different.

Why was his poll idiotic and what teams are completely different? Be more specific.
    edited February 2018
    NO
    Bryman187 wrote: »

I was in the middle of writing a very well thought out, well articulated point on your thread when they deleted it. Irritating lol. They could have just closed it and not deleted it so people could at least read it.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of silencing criticism but Kabam have proven themselves to be shady AF by not perma banning the guys that were using CC fraud to get cheaper credits.

NO

What teams? What are you even talking about? Get of the crack pipe and make sense.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    YES

What teams? What are you even talking about? Get of the crack pipe and make sense.

You poll, if I'm not mistaken, said Kabam should NOT release new content and champs, but "fix the bugs" instead.

The teams that create content and champs are different than the teams that "fix the bugs" in most cases. This has been stated numerous times in the forum by the moderators in response to the sentiment you expressed.

If I am incorrect in my assessment of your poll sentiment, I apologize. But if I am correct, it was idiotic and has been answered.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I don't spend much money on this game (about $100 in nearly 2.5 years) so I'm already not spending $10/month on this game, but if I did spend that much, a subscription of some sort might interest me. My spending averages out to about $3/mo. Put a $3 subscription out there and maybe I sign up for it. Or maybe I don't. Probably not. But I might. Maybe.

Not a bad suggestion though.

You poll, if I'm not mistaken, said Kabam should NOT release new content and champs, but "fix the bugs" instead.

The teams that create content and champs are different than the teams that "fix the bugs" in most cases. This has been stated numerous times in the forum by the moderators in response to the sentiment you expressed.

If I am incorrect in my assessment of your poll sentiment, I apologize. But if I am correct, it was idiotic and has been answered.

Even if that is the way Kabam’s teams operate the sentiment of his poll was still valid. If the content development team is different than the bug fixing team than that needs to be rectified and those two teams should be working in a cycle of QA before an app is realeased not after a bad build brakes the app. If the sentiment of the poll was “ should Kabam focus on making the game more stable before focusing on releasing new content” (which is what I took away from it) than the poll was entirely valid and useful.
    edited February 2018
    I agree with everything else you said, but any program like this would have to be related to questing... any arena or alliance activities would have to be excluded, so subs wouldn't have an unfair advantage over non-subs.

So, faster cool-downs wouldn't work... neither would any bonus alliance related items or crystals, etc.

Being able to complete high reward yielding, high energy requiring difficult questing content faster than non subs is a pretty big advantage. You’re enabling some folks to build strong rosters by gaining rewards faster than others by paying for the sub on top of paying per need for additional items through the store. That’s basically still p2w.