**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Manipulation

So is this manipulation at its finest or what? Some are seeing this as a "smart" move. But I think it pretty much unfair game play. If you want build a strong alliance then build one from the bottom up. If you want to be on a Alliance that is in a higher AW tier. Then join one. I really want Kabam to look at this as it will surely be exploited if they look the other way.

https://youtu.be/1ys5r-pPSkg

You decide and always thanks for playing!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Whats unfair about it?
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    I don't blame them for doing that and I don't see a problem. You can get in the correct aq tier in 3 weeks but it take a couple of months not getting 5* shards to build that aw rating. Besides that, the matchmaking isnt only aw rating anymore so the were probably going to take even longer to get to tier 1.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    What little I watched, I don't blame them for moving everybody to a dead alliance. Really isn't a big deal.
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    JFerg114 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    For reference omni is a new allaince of good players that would miss a season if they stayed cause they haven't tiered up yet..
    That's all..
    Not an exploit they eventually would have been a solid tier 1 allaince..

And there lies the rub, eventually! Circumventing the natural progression in lieu of the work others have put in they deservedly should have missed a season if that is where they were as an Alliance. It's manipulation calling it anything other than what it is, essentially is a farce.

Fine they can go back to the allaince they were in before they formed omni
    4loki is a top 40 allaince lagacy was there
    Yeet was high up.
    The members all put in the work already ate call this what it really is whining about nothing

Individually yes, collectively as an Alliance no. You can continue to defend them if you want it's manipulation no matter how you try to paint the picture.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Magically going from Tier 17 to Tier 4, nothing to see here. Come peeps, I don't care how popular you are or if you are on YouTube or not, you should have to earn it like everyone else. If it takes time so be it.

so if you were able to join a tier 1 alliance and your previous alliance was tier 6 thats ok but if they join a dead alliance with a tier 4 rating, thats not ok? i don't understand your logic. They have put in the time. imagine all the revives and item use they are saving for people in lower tiers that would have to face their top end champs. besides they would get there sooner or later anyway so does it really matter?
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    Forgetting the Alliances that earned their spot in that Tier, not seeing how this is fair.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I dont understand, can someone explain this in dumbar$e so I know whats happening.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Magically going from Tier 17 to Tier 4, nothing to see here. Come peeps, I don't care how popular you are or if you are on YouTube or not, you should have to earn it like everyone else. If it takes time so be it.

so if you were able to join a tier 1 alliance and your previous alliance was tier 6 thats ok but if they join a dead alliance with a tier 4 rating, thats not ok? i don't understand your logic. They have put in the time. imagine all the revives and item use they are saving for people in lower tiers that would have to face their top end champs. besides they would get there sooner or later anyway so does it really matter?

It is not ok. One individual is not the same as 30 members collectively exploiting the system.
  • ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    This shouldn’t be allowed as it counts as exploit and manipulation of the current situation. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Wolf

Pls look into this case. Thanks
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

It is not ok. One individual is not the same as 30 members collectively exploiting the system.

When they left their previous alliance(s) they were free at that moment to jump en masse to the alliance in question. What you are saying is that you would penalize them for not jumping to the higher war rating alliance in the first place and get better rewards from the start: instead, by creating a new alliance and trying to build up to higher rewards and then deciding to jump to the older alliance later, they were exploiting the system.

One of the prerequisites for calling something a game exploit is usually that the exploit generates higher rewards. You're calling something an exploit that generates lower rewards than the action that is unambiguously legal.
  • Just start everyone out in tier 1 then. It is horribly slow to progress through tiers now with the prestige matching factor. We went from tier 4ish down to around 10 when war was garbage because we didn't care because war was broken. If they are going to change it like this everyone should start even rating and let it work itself out.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nothing to see here. If they are good enough to stay at the top they deserve to be there. Not every alliance needs to start from the bottom up.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    They are working within the mechanics of the game, people are free to join whatever alliance they want.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Many of the higher end alliances have also gone through mergers, where large chunks of one will combine with one or more other alliances. I've been through 3 of these. Until seasons was announced, the mergers would typically go to the one with a higher treasury. This is basically the same thing. No big deal.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Forgetting the Alliances that earned their spot in that Tier, not seeing how this is fair.

The new alliance they joined is already ranked into the bracket. It doesn't change anything
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    It’s not manipulation. They joined a higher rated alliance. Instead of just one or two new members joining an alliance there was 30. I’m just glad Kabam added extra rewards for every 60 days of aw or so. I wish there was still 4* shards along with the 6* shards but oh well
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Nothing to see here. If they are good enough to stay at the top they deserve to be there. Not every alliance needs to start from the bottom up.

Every alliance should start from 0 war rating. Kabam should make the penalty for switching alliance 7 days with no alliance rewards just like AQ with regard to AW.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    All the broke stuff in the game and this is a concern? This doesn't even show up on my radar.
This discussion has been closed.