**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Autoplay AI is so bad...

Just an example: on Expert Proving Grounds I was using my duped R5 4* Voodoo against a 2k PI opponent and he managed to lose! My champions usually just stand still, arms down, waiting to be hit, don't finish 5 hit combos, forget to use SP3 when available, attack when opponent is blocking, etc.

This sort of thing happens on daily quests, event quests, etc. Isn't autofight supposed to relieve us from the boredom of grinding easier content, at least? Can you please make autofight AI less dumb?

Comments

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Autofight is so wildly variable. I have watched similar situations where a way more powerful champ just gets flattened by a weakling because the AI just stands there and gets smacked around, and I have seen the AI parry and then do a combo into a special, evade a counter and counter that, and do perfect intercepts. And then the same champ gets taken out the very next fight by a 1k PI unduped champ. I think the system rolls a die to see what flavor of AI you get each fight.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Autofight is not suppose to be as good as you. I never use auto fight and probably never will. It’s always a gamble when it comes to AI sometimes they play well and do some combos and sometimes they just stand there.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    The autoplay was made because it was boring for us to fight in some of the easy quests but I do agree it is pretty bad I think when they made this specific a.i for us they just did a swipe back, swipe forward, one block, and tapped the specials and that was it.

They clearly had no intention of putting any skill in when creating it.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Honestly, at the very least just make them USE a SP3. I usually have to turn off auto fight, hit the special and knock the opponent out. It’s as if you turn on autofight and there’s a chicken at Kabams head quarters just pecking at a screen making my champ do something...

You can launch specials yourself while autofight is on, just tap the special button.
    But i agree the AI is very stupid, but still nice feature cause i can clear heroic with just autofight 😁
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    I really never expected them to be as good as us, however I do at least expect them to be at least somewhat competent and consistent most of the time especially when fighting much weaker enemies. They should walk over them and not just get their faces smashed in because they won't fight properly.

A lot of time the ai just gets their asses handed to them most of the time because of their lack of skill and the fact they don't really fight.

Other games like netmarble games like evilbane, future fight and pretty good auto fight ai's and champions just seems like a half-assed attempt to bring it here with even dumber ai and low skill level.

I wish they would at least upgrade it a bit and make an auto path system to do these quests and have them pick the paths that we didn't do.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Again, if Kabam is going to implement something, like the AI button, do it well or don’t do it at all.

Seems like it works exactly like they described it would work when they announced it. Maybe you're using it wrong? Hope this helps.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I don’t expect it to be as good as an average player, but I do expect it to be similar to itself. I’ve been collecting data, and the number of fights that I win with a few hits vs taking 20 or more far outweighs the fights I win taking fewer or even similar numbers of hits. The total overall hits taken vs landed is astonishingly bad.

And most of this is in easy content, the hardest stuff would be the last quests of heroic or the easy path of expert proving grounds.
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    I don’t think anyone expects the autofight AI to fight as well as they do. But it should it should at least fight as well as it does when we’re going against it. Example: If I fight a 4* 5/50 in a quest, there is a certain difficulty associated with the AI I’m up against and it fights at a certain level. So if I take a 4* 5/50 into an easier quest and us autofight, the autofight AI should use my champ at the same level that it would use it’s own.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Auto Fight is very basic AI. The most basic. It's not intended to be a replacement for actual gameplay.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    I don’t expect it to be as good as an average player, but I do expect it to be similar to itself.

It should definitely not be similar to itself. If it were, you would have a 50/50 chance of winning a fight between equal opponents when using autoplay, making most game content trivial.

Autoplay works exactly like it should work, easily winning fights that are already trivial for a live player.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Back in early 2016 I started playing this game, but when I realized I had to fight all those easy opponents on daily quests I got bored and uninstalled the game. I tried again around November 2016 and this time there it was the autoplay button. This time I stayed.

Autoplay spares me the boredom of fighting those easy fights. But lately it is almost useless. I mean, I have to take over my masteries loaded r5 4* Voodoo because he is losing against a mastery-naked 1500 unduped 4* at Heroic difficulty!

I don't expect to autoplay the Collector, but I do expect to autoplay an opponent 1/3 of my strengh. It would be enough if both champs landed the same amount of hits.