**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena infinite streak gone??

Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
Has anybody noticed the arena infinite streak is gone. This is regarding the 3* arena. The opponents just get tougher and tougher no matter the win streak. I was at 21 streak, and all my opponents we're duped 4/40 3* champs. I was only using the standard 2/20 3* champs. Anybody else notice this?

Comments

• kado313kado313 Posts: 40
    I noticed this as well.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Anybody know if the same is going on with the 4* arenas? I don't have the champs for that streak yet, just wondering if they've changed the game to prevent infinite streaks...
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Infinity streaks are still perfectly in tact.

I didn't even know there was a formula for 3* arena. Nearly all of mine are max level so it impossible for me to face an opponent that out ranks mine. Maybe stop using your 2* champs and stick with 3*. Even if they aren't max level, a 3/1/10 can certainly handle a 3/4/40.
    Would also probably recommend not to use an entire team of 2* champs. Use 2 strong 3* champs and a 2* instead.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I've definitely noticed a change. I can't use r4 for streak 8 in basic arena now as it gives r5 4* champions at 7k pi
    You can't beat a rank 5 with a rank 4?
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    You can't beat a rank 5 with a rank 4?

Not when the r4 is 3k pi lol

One mistake and it's over
  • Haven't had this issue myself. But I suppose it depends on your bench. ( Who and how highly rated they are). If you have enough max 3s then you can run them from start to finish. Although I personally run my lower tier in the first 5 fights. So I can get my 3X and just lock and load max 3s from then on
    I don't have any max 3* champs. I've only been playing for about 3.5 months. I didn't want to make any as I needed 3/2/20 for the streak and the streak was filling my 3* roster.
  • Sandbag it start low with junk you just pulled even if they're good. Weakest first! Then around 3 or 4 go to your 3/30 champs. Take them to about 9 rounds. On 10 throw the horses at em max 3s from there to 15 or 16 after that stick with 2max 3s and a level below. Until you exhaust your roster
  • Fight well don't let your guard down or you'll get wrecked.
  • My tag here is same as in game so you can check my account. I'm not a buster. Hope it helps.
    edited February 2018
    I've done the infinite streak a bunch of times before, it's just not the same with the latest update. After 20 victories, it doesn't balance out to your team's level. It keeps going up.
    They also fight passively so its super difficult to bait their special attacks.
    My name is the same in game also, you can check me out to see I'm not just saying it's different now after one time or something.
    I appreciate your feedback though, thanks.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I don't think I've used anything other than maxed 3* champs in the 3* featured arena after round 5 in a long time.

R1's for fights 1-5, then R4's for the rest of it. Usually fight the bottom (hardest) option too. I'm planning on making the run for 3* Rag Hulk tonight, I'll see what happens since I haven't done it since the update...
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Any idea what's goin on? I too am struggling alot more than usual.
    Cool. I'd like to know how it goes for you, if you notice a change. If you wouldn't mind reposting tomorrow your thoughts after giving it a go, I'd appreciate it.
    Ran up to 1.7m points in both the 3* Featured and 4* Basic as well as the T4B cat arenas without any issues.

Honestly didn't notice a change at all.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It has changed. At fight 10 I used to always get Thanos or Kang using a team of 3 5/50.

Got a player team with a total of 30k pi today.

This is in the t4b arena.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Mmm... fights 8-10 are always tricky. I usually get Thanos Team after fight 11 (even if i am only using rank 5's).
    That is for t4b or t1a.

For basic 4 star arena I usually get thanos team at fight 10, if i remember correctly, but the teams I get before that are beatable.
    For the basic arenas, I purposefully trigger the Thanos/Kang teams as soon as I can and typically get them rounds 6-15.

In the 3* Featured, I only run 3x 4/40 champs once I get to the 3x multiplier. Depending on boosts, I can get to 1.7m in about 90 rounds.

In 4* Basic, I'll use my 5/50's at round 6 then scale back to 4/40's by round 12. Takes about 65 rounds to hit the 11-25% mark

For the T4b arena, I still follow a typical streak-building approach:
    3x 4* 3/30 for rounds 1-10
    2x 3* 4/40 and a 1* for 11-15
    Then my 4* 5/50's for 15+
    After round 20 I can use any combo of R1 5* and R3 4* champs and am usually done by round 35
    Yeah the next day after I posted this, I ran the streak as normal with zero issues. Got win streak of 140+ and 1.7 mill in the 3* arena.