**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Adding Older Five Star Champions to the Basic Five Star Pool

SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Howdy!

So I'm just curious to the thoughts as to adding older champions that are available as four stars- and some as six stars- to the five star pool. I think I'm including all of the champions currently missing from the five star basic pool:
Wolverine, Daredevil (classic), Captain America (WWII), Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Black Widow, Black Bolt, Thor, Vision (both), and War Machine, Gamora, Joe Fixit, and Magneto (Marvel Now); also classic Deadpool, but I imagine he would be a purchase only champion.
I think the argument is that most of these champs are too "OP," but I really don't see that as being a valid argument any more because even an awakened, high signature level five star Scarlet Witch couldn't be much better than the same of Blade, Star Lord, Spiderman (Stark Enhanced), Dr Voodoo, Ghost Rider, etc. And it especially doesn't make sense that champs such as Daredevil (classic), War Machine, Black Bolt, and Captain America (WWII) haven't been added, especially since DD and Cap are available as six stars.
My next best argument would be that it is challenging to scale over the signature level from 99 as a four star to 200 as a five star and it would make the champions much more difficult to use as their signature levels would be much more challenging to increase. However, I also don't think this is true any longer as, again, Daredevil (classic) and Captain America (WWII) are available as six stars. I also have a solution to the problem: increase the value of the signature level dramatically for say, the first 1-60 levels, which at that point it would scale back slightly from say, 61-120, and then from then on, the signature level increases would barely matter. For example, with Black Widow, her signature ability "reduc[es] the chance of triggering [opponents'] abilities by [X] percent," X being up to 99% I believe at signature level 99 for a four star. My proposed change would make the signature level start at say, 1% and then:
-level 2: 4%
-level 5: 10%
-level 20: 40%
-level 60: 70%
-level 80: 80%
-level 120: 90%
-level 180: 97%
-level 200: 99%
I think this is a pretty fair adjustment, although it may slightly devalue leveling up these champions' signature levels slightly. But this is just an idea.

So, I really think sooner rather than later would be the best time to add these champions to the five star basic pool, especially now with the release of six star champions; there's no reason not to.
As a side note, with this whole "making five stars more attainable" thing, I think there should be a new Uncollected Alliance Cyrtsal, with a chance at a five star Unstoppable Colossus.

Thanks for reading, contest on!

Sean

Comments

• SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
    edited February 2018
    Are Abomination and Ms. Marvel available as five stars?
  • The_Sentry12The_Sentry12 Posts: 29
    edited February 2018
    I agree they should add champions that are missing from the 5 star pool before moving on to 6 stars it's only the right thing to do.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Nah, I'd rather see more new champs rather than just adding the old ones. I actually think kabam is doing it right. Just reprising champs will get old soon enough.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    SeanFlik wrote: »
    Are Abomination and Ms. Marvel available as five stars?

No