**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

HELP ALL button

Is it possible to add a HELP ALL button for your champs in arena? It seems that it is too time consuming to request help for 80+ champs. You are able to HELP alliance members 4 at a time, but have to request 1 at a time. Would be a nice addition to Arena Grinders to save a few minutes

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Sounds like a good idea
  • TreyboneTreybone Posts: 25
    edited February 2018
    I always wanted this to happen... I was thinking of something like a press and hold to then unlock the ability to highlight all that need help... then once they're highighted pressing a help button to send them all off to the alliance help queue.. what do you think?
  • TxAggie17TxAggie17 Posts: 58
    I'm SO down for this. Should have been included a long time ago
  • TreyboneTreybone Posts: 25
    You mentioned a help all button for the alliance queue yeah that's a great idea.. I'm thinking about sending them off to the help queue to be able to send them all by highlighting more than one then selecting help would be amazing or you could highlight more than one to spend unit and refresh them as well.
  • Or maybe just get rid of the help mechanism altogether? Reduce the timers to recharge arena champs accordingly and find another way to dole out 7k loyalty per week. Trying to request help is the biggest waste of time in this game, imo.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    would probably crash servers.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

This is indeed what happened in the past.
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    Gwendoline wrote: »

This is indeed what happened in the past.

There's a really easy solution for that: rolling helps.

Press help all, add all the help requests to a queue, and on a delay, actually ping the server for a help request as you work your way through the queue. Instead of firing 4 help submissions at once (now) or 50 at once (and crashing the server) , REQUEST all submissions be submitted, and in the backend of the game there can even be a working / loading icon so you don't leave the help screen too early) start submitting and fulfilling those help submissions. Ping one every 100 milliseconds or something.

There are ways to do it - if Kabam hasn't adopted them, it's just because they think the current system is good enough and they can't be arsed to budget it while making other additions they deem more important.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    I don't mind the way the Helps and daily 1k loyalty work in general. It is something that can show what your alliance members are doing or not doing that are an extension to the general alliance feed that shows cyrstal openings and rank ups.

In my opinion, there should be 3 buttons that replace the current 'Help 4' button...
    1. Max Loyalty
    2. Help All Energy
    3. Help All Arena

Max Loyalty:
    Is only active (clickable), when you have not claimed the all the 1,000 daily loyalty that you are allowed and there are helps in the queue. If you still have loyalty to get, it claims as many helps as needed and are available in the queue to cap you out for the day, leaving all the remaining helps available for other alliance members to claim.

Help All Energy:
    Is only active (clickable), when there is one or more Energy Helps in the queue generated from other alliance members. If you click, it will claim every Energy Help, leaving all Arena Helps available.

Help All Arena:
    Is only active (clickable), when there is one or more Energy Helps in the queue generated from other alliance members. If you click, it will claim every Arena Help, leaving all Energy Helps available.

So why have the 3? Depending on how active your alliance is or how click happy a particular alliance member may be, these options will allow you to claim quickly all the loyalty you personally need, while leaving helps for other alliance members to claim so they can also get their loyalty. You don't want to have someone (or a few alliance members) that are click happy always clearing the queue so that others aren't able to get their loyalty. This may already happen under current setup and while this may not be an issue for many active alliances, it just gives the options and I like options.

I think it is also important to distinguish between Energy and Arena helps. Personally, I feel that energy helps are more critical to have happening more often as they immediately generate something for your alliance member to use in their game play. Arena helps do knock off some time off the refresh clock, but if they just got put out there in the queue, the alliance member requesting it will still have 1+ hours left to wait until that arena member becomes available to use again. So while you may have personally claimed all your loyalty, the queue may be large but you want to make sure that energy gets sent sooner to your alliance members so you can click the "Help All Energy" button so you don't have to sift thru the queue to find them.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Or maybe just get rid of the help mechanism altogether? Reduce the timers to recharge arena champs accordingly and find another way to dole out 7k loyalty per week. Trying to request help is the biggest waste of time in this game, imo.

THIS
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Please do this. I like @LilMaddogHT ‘s idea.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    Oh my goodness can this please be a thing?! This is 100% needed.
  • Why not have it to where once your fight is over it automatically gets the help request sent
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I’m surprised they haven’t done it yet
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    It shouldn't even be harder on the servers. Sending one data packet that has a list of characters should be a lot less traffic on the server than sending 40 individual data packets.

Even if it is somehow harder on the servers, then jaylerd's suggestion will work.

This would be a big quality of life improvement in the game.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Naa, you would crash the servers! :D