**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bring back full diversity points in AW

CableCable Posts: 309 ★★
After playing alliance wars over the weekend it is evident that top tiers are bypassing diversity all together and Alliance Wars has become a full fledge Mystic Wars. It's getting so ridiculous that alliances are pressuring players to purchase Mystic Dispersion. The power gain nodes in combination to mystic dispersion are beyond ridiculous especially when it comes to Magik. @Adora at NYCCC this year you indicated that diversity point would make alliance wars more enjoyable.... well guess what until the game team reincoporates full diversity scoring so that players aren't just loading up with mystic champions on every path and boss.

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I’m finding that diversity wins wars more often than maximum mystic BS, seeing as blade, hulk, AA and I’m sure I’m missing a few, cut through mystics easily
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure they reduced the diversity because it was always deciding the result.

The newest update to aw scoring brought in two new ways to score and imo it’s very good.

Diversity was ruining aw before they fixed it
    Diversity not ruining aw and you want it back to the beginning?
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    No one in top tiers rubs mystic defense anymore, since blade. Plus, now many others are good counters to that strategy
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Spider-Man, Medusa, Hyperion, Modok
    edited February 2018
    MattScott wrote: »
    Spider-Man, Medusa, Hyperion, Modok

Don’t forget void
    killmonger (soon to be released)
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I haven't seen a mystic war in months.
    Riegel wrote: »

That’s because they’re so scared of Blade
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

That’s because they’re so scared of Blade

Just because at the top level of aw you need every point you can get.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Cable wrote: »
    After playing alliance wars over the weekend it is evident that top tiers are bypassing diversity all together and Alliance Wars has become a full fledge Mystic Wars. It's getting so ridiculous that alliances are pressuring players to purchase Mystic Dispersion. The power gain nodes in combination to mystic dispersion are beyond ridiculous especially when it comes to Magik. @Adora at NYCCC this year you indicated that diversity point would make alliance wars more enjoyable.... well guess what until the game team reincoporates full diversity scoring so that players aren't just loading up with mystic champions on every path and boss.

i'm in tier 2 and diversity most certainly still plays a large part... and issues with mystics? in the actual top tiers most have a 5 star ranked blade
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

Do you even war bro?
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Please for the love of all that is holy, bring back defender kills. With the new seasons approaching spenders will win every war. Watched this last war as we had a 105 to 186 defender difference. The points for wins on the first, second and thrid tries are a joke. When you see bank rolled teams just blowing cash to get through someone. No skill involved still in War, just big wallets.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

Please define "top tier". What tiers are you talking about?

• ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365

well yes there has been a couple more magiks n juggs around.. so??
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Please for the love of all that is holy, bring back defender kills. With the new seasons approaching spenders will win every war. Watched this last war as we had a 105 to 186 defender difference. The points for wins on the first, second and thrid tries are a joke. When you see bank rolled teams just blowing cash to get through someone. No skill involved still in War, just big wallets.

Let me guess. You didn't have full or at least close to full diversity?
    Or you didn't clear the map and they did?
    Why are you focused on defender kills when that isn't the reason you lost?

If you didn't clear the map and they spent to clear theirs they deserve to win.

Also, If you have full diversity and clear the map without dying very much, it is pretty difficult to beat you with a credit card.

I personally think attacker bonus is one of the best things Kabam has done for AW in a long time.

But on topic. Mystic defenders hasn't been a problem in our wars yet. We're in T4
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Blade and Hulk Ragnarok will make those mystics a joke, I for one like the set up as I don't use items in AW anymore.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    In the new tier 4 (old tier 2) I hesitate to put Magik as a war boss even with high MD b/c of Blade, (now) Hulk Rags, Voodoo and others. Personally I don't mind seeing Magik as a boss b/c my 4/55 Voodoo wrecks her.
  • Cable wrote: »
    @Adora at NYCCC this year you indicated that diversity point would make alliance wars more enjoyable....

For the most part, evidence says she was wrong.