**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

'Champions has stopped working' error [Under Investigation]

AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
i'm using samsung galaxy s7 edge, after new update game crashes randomly for all day, even if it's closed, i'm receiving notification that game stopped working, and it happens maybe 5to 10times in a day. kabam please do something
1i30nzm0llwm.png
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    My game crashed with low battery as well. The latest update kind of fixed that.
  • Johan66777Johan66777 Posts: 17
    I get the same. S7.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I get them occasionally, usually at the end of fight loading screen
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    My game crashed with low battery as well. The latest update kind of fixed that.

mine is crashing everytime not only when my phone has low battery. it's totally random.
    crashed 2 more times already after this post. my phone is charged now at 36%
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Administrator
    any help?
  • This is also happening to me - three times in the last few hours. Not during game play, just randomly while using another app.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    It has been crashing on me to mostly when I leave it alone and go to other apps for an extended period of time, my phone is the Moto e4 plus.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    After seeing this post, I recalled I was hit by one crash, although I didn't see the "Champions has stopped" message. I was using my Galaxy Note4 last night, after I was done with one match, the game exited, I though I must be accidentally pressing the home button/minimize button or something without realising, but after 1 second when I want to bring the game back up, I noticed the game was gone, and I need to reload the game from start. I wasn't paying too much attention to it, although I found it a little odd (not used to be this way in the past), but now I wonder if I was hit by the similar issue? .... weird ...
  • I clean my phone on the device maintanance and when i check the report it shows atleast 10 crashes from only the game
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Happens to me when not running app even at 100% battery since last update. LG Stylo 2.
  • arh6ideal75o.png
    I've been getting the same message also when the game is closed
  • p8h3657vmyos.png

As soon as I connect to WiFi the game drops off and says check connection.
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    I get this error at least once in day. But this message pops up after some time when the game closed
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Mod response to this please?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Thanks Vyd. I'm having the same issue. Galaxy Tab Android 5.1. Several times a day, even if the App is closed.
  • I have the Samsung's note 8 plus. When I'm in a app or not it says the same thing. Mine goes off every 2 to 3 minutes. Finally I went off on my phone and kicked myself out of my alliance. Now I guess I'll just stay floating around in space until I can get an email saying its fixed by kabam. My patience has run out
    kodiak1492
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited February 2018
    SirTodd_83 wrote: »
    arh6ideal75o.png
    I've been getting the same message also when the game is closed

Supreme, help out Lord Crackington - seems like he's having a rough time.
  • Since last update won't go through WiFi even though full signal 🤔
    i don't get why some people are flagging dicussion or posts.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I had the same issue in my ONEPLUS A3003 with Android 8.0. I'm pretty sure it's a memory leak issue because having 6GB of RAM on my device it does not happen often, but it happens when I start opening multiple apps
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    My game not crashing while playing but I'm randomly getting error while using other apps that champions have stopped working
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I get the message on my phone which I very rarely have the game open on, but have yet to see it on my shield tablet where the game is always on. It seems to occur whenever there is a push notification sent, like claim your free crystal now.

I've noticed I never see these messages in my notifications bar anymore as well.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Andrew wrote: »
    i'm using samsung galaxy s7 edge, after new update game crashes randomly for all day, even if it's closed, i'm receiving notification that game stopped working, and it happens maybe 5to 10times in a day. kabam please do something
    1i30nzm0llwm.png

I've been getting the same message on a Note 8, but only after closing the app, so there's something going on that is preventing the app from closing properly. Its a minor nuisance and hopefully gets fixed soon but it's not interrupting game play, so I can deal with it for a bit.
  • Scurvy42Scurvy42 Posts: 53
    Andrew wrote: »
    1i30nzm0llwm.png

I've been getting the same message on a Note 8, but only after closing the app, so there's something going on that is preventing the app from closing properly. Its a minor nuisance and hopefully gets fixed soon but it's not interrupting game play, so I can deal with it for a bit.

Same msg, same situations, s7e.
    So far hasn't happened during actual use.
    *crosses fingers*
  • Thanks for all the information, everyone. I'll be back once I have more of an update!
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    Same here on an S5... my two tablets never have the error, just the phone.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Got the same issue happen the other day. Phone was plugged in charging, was using google maps for navigation and had the “Champions stopped working” error. Game wasn’t running on Note 8. Haven’t seen it the past day or so though...