**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Improve The Story Experience

Dear @Kabam Miike

My name is RichTheMan and I'm a fan of comic books and a fan of the game. Something that has really frustrated me over the near 3 years that I have been playing the game is the extent of how much Story telling has not evolved in the game. It is so bad If you asked any MCOC Youtuber or even player, "what was the story all about last month? or what's the conflict in Elders War in Act 5 all about? They would say "I don't know?
Many players don't care about the story, which is disappointing to think that a story is created by comic book fans at kabam for the game.

Rush Culture and lack of story interest

If the real reason to have dialogue between champions in quests is to add context to what's going on its not really required. I would say 90% of players are very focused on completing the quest, getting the rewards and its done. This is then followed up with a what's next? and "GIMME GIMME GIMME"

However I believe that this should change. I understand it isn't easy to give me access to a transcript to tell the monthly event story which I hope in future changes. Otherwise I see not point in Kabam putting together a story behind each monthly quest.

Passion about Story creation

I find it frustrating to find out that there are employees that have avid interest in comic book source material

Improvement Proposal

Remove the dialogue between champions as its just so boring and everyone skips through it. Replace it with the following;

1. Paths in Event Quests hit a comic book reel so you can quickly read the dialogue in a 1 sheet;

ee7ci16dajqi.png

2. Make a motion comic for the month which tells the full story not a snippet.

or

3. Do a cut scene for every boss telling part of the story.

This should be a feature you can turn off for time attack in the settings, which pleases those who want to enjoy a story and for those who usually couldn't care less.

Final thoughts

If you are putting together a new character, please consider a full origin structure prior to adding them in the game, I have taken the liberty of creating and unofficial origin story to Guillotines Sword "La Fluer du Mal" and a more structured idea behind Morningstar. This video will be released on Saturday 21st October 2017 at 17:30 GMT on my channel.

Can you please look into this and see about improving the storyline experience for players in the future.

Kind regards

Rich

P.S you know its bad when there are no Tags for "Comic Book" or "Source Material"

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    No posts tagging mods in it. That’s a great way to get muted
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Agree that the storytelling needs improvement.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    The fact that you created your forum account in June makes me think that you're probably not the same "RichTheMan" who has been making youtube content about MCoC for over two years. So either it's a coincidence that you picked that name, or you're trying to leach off a more well known person's image.
  • The fact that you created your forum account in June makes me think that you're probably not the same "RichTheMan" who has been making youtube content about MCoC for over two years. So either it's a coincidence that you picked that name, or you're trying to leach off a more well known person's image.
    Nope he's a content creator
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    There's a story!?!?!?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    They didn't even want to start this game by giving the characters voices and only give then voices in the youtube videos they make so why would they create cutscenes even though I would love to see them.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Resurrected from November
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Resurrected from February,

Nice,Rich,I'm one of the few that care about story and it's kinda...bland,definitely needs improvement.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    My interest in the story got lost when I realised how non-sensical it was. Imagine, you're in space hopping around stones and you meet a foe (who happens to be a hero) and all this sudden you're not in space but in the SHIELD helicarrier. You get no explanation how this happened. The same thing with the Arena game: it doesn't take place in an arena!

It are little details like that that make or break a game's lore. So since then, I treated the game as "what would happen if you take some comic book lovers on a LSD trip". So I don't really pay much attention to the story.
  • JeniouisJeniouis Posts: 276
    I feel like the people commenting on this thread are the only ones who actually care about the story.......
  • Zak2025Zak2025 Posts: 60
    lol they didnt listen
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    for a time they did but you are new to the game @Zak2025 and this thread began in 2017.
    However this year 2022 (5 years later) Cutscenes dried up, Motion comics stopped , Gabe (creative director) left Kabam. There are some mentions on the lore in champ deep dives and Act 8 has some interesting developments but its not in the best spot for story experience.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited December 2022

Yeah and it's been a while since we have got a story mode cutscene I think
    We certainly need more of those and even make them voiced!
    What the act 5 conflict is about? Well... umm... I think The Grandmaster wanted to get revenge on The Collector for something, no?
    And if we r talking, for me, 8.1 was a big dissapointment story wise... was boring... Carina and Civil warrior just checked some bases of that organization... and adaptoids again, how original... and, I hoped with Black widow it'd went like: after Carina solves the civil war, all the avengers are gathering up, but Black widow is missing... and then she appears... also they made her look like an impostor rather than the real Black widow, just corrupted...
    But I'm sure the story will get better! Corrupted Hulk is next!
    I hope in the end The Collector will return and save Carina
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    You necro'd a thread from almost 6 years ago because you're upset of the story?