**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why won't your characters use special one or two ....again....

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Over and over I will spend minutes trying to bait a special to no avail.... and then they use special three and I'm dead..... how about some diminishing returns on you.... this is getting so frustrating. I have already stopped spending and I know you feel that part.

Why would you program them this way, is it a bufpg is it broken,... or is it just a reason for me to use tickets??????

I bet it's a money grab hoping I'll spend....

Very frustrating player.

Just lost a fight to star lord 83-2

What the heck.

I'm maxed 4star he was not maxed 5 star..... it was arena on iPad 2.

What the hell am I'm missing here...

I was one gwenpool no less

I love this game 75-25

But you've already lost me as a payer....

I wish I could video all the ridiculous things I've experienced in this game.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I don’t understand

Why you use

This format for typing
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    Ummm maybe its time for a new game?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Spicyslicer the AI tends to be all-or-nothing in arena when you are establishing a streak, usually around fights 10-14. Try to pick power control champs, champs that can win before they get three bars, or champs that can withstand a L3. Usually they fight normally when you get to 15.
  • Hey There,

Now, I know that it can be tricky to get the AI to use a Special when you want them to, but they're not going to use a special attack when YOU want them to. They'll use it when they want to. Picard isn't going to warn the other ship when he's gonna ram them.

There are some tips and tricks out there that your fellow Summoners can share with you about ways to maybe convince your opponent to use their Special Attacks more often, but from the looks of the other posts you have made on this, I think it might be best for you to try a lower difficulty of the Trials of the King. In the future, you might be better prepared for this difficulty.
  • chev327fox wrote: »
    Guys it sounds like he knows how to bait... he is just upset at the super hard AI not throwing specials even after a minute or more of constant baiting. It does happen like this and it does suck when it does. We all know this and we all feel this way when it happens... yet people on these forums would usually rather toss insults or bait videos that amount to "git-gud" (since it assumes he does not know how to bait).

Anyways... yeah it does suck when they simply will not throw a special but it does not seem to happen enough for it to be a major issue. Again it is frustrating when it happens and would be nice if they limited the time the AI holds them to avoid this frustration and bad will towards the game... but for now it is what it is.

Now back to the people who act as though they are so good they never experience this...

It is actually uncommon for the AI to literally withhold specials. More often is when the AI becomes less interested in throwing them, which requires more aggressive baiting than normal. But they can still be induced to throw them if you bait them better. What's even rarer is when the AI has such a low priority for throwing specials that you simply can't bait them with any baiting no matter how aggressive, and yet will *instantly* throw a special three when they reach three bars of power.

Whenever I believe I've drawn the suppressed AI, I try to evade and bait as long as I can, and when I eventually push him to three bars I go fully aggressive and attack into the AI as fast as possible. Often I kill the AI before he decides to change his mind and use the SP3.

The specific situation of cannot bait at all and yet throws SP3 immediately is very unusual except for champions where you should be using power control anyway, like Hyperion. Those champs are more likely to throw SP3 even if they are otherwise using an AI that is reluctant to throw specials.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★

I know what the op is talking about and it gets really annoying since for awhile now they occasionally seem really disinterested in actually using their specials and seem more content to hold them or chain their 2nd and 3rd when they have full bars.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    This is why I just start baiting once the opponent reaches level 1 to avoid them even getting close to level 3. It also seems like the closer the opponent gets to the next level of special, the more reluctant they are to throw, no matter how good your bait skills are.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I like to think I’m a professional baiter, but I don’t know the “approved method.” I had a fight last week in AQ, it was against the last Hood before Dormy in map 5, 50% power gain node. No Magik = Baiting L1s for days! Then he went invisible and I died..
    I have run into the same issue as the OP more than a few times. Why shouldn’t the AI be able to save for an S3 though!? We can...
    What makes me infinitely more frustrated than this is the AI that can do an instant Heavy mid-combo. This is something we can not do!