**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    It's so typical Kabam, bring something new but so out of touch with current game landscape!! The milestones for all arenas need a complete overhaul. For the age of 6*s giving PHC shards is a slap of player's faces. We are the one playing spending time money for keep you afloat. Treat us with some dignity and give us some more suiting milestones
  • @Kabam Miike
    There is an error in the information contained in the fourth line of the message sent to the game, they traded the hero out of 5 for a 6 out of 6 as a reward.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Huonuo wrote: »
    It's so typical Kabam, bring something new but so out of touch with current game landscape!! The milestones for all arenas need a complete overhaul. For the age of 6*s giving PHC shards is a slap of player's faces. We are the one playing spending time money for keep you afloat. Treat us with some dignity and give us some more suiting milestones

What do you suggest that wouldn't throw the other Arenas aside? 3* Shards? 4*? 5*? GMC Shards? The Milestones are consistent across all Arenas for a reason. They're scaled more the higher you go, but the Milestones are not a focus of the Arena. It's open to anyone Level 40 and over.
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    I think the milestones should have some form of 4 star shards no PC shards we are talking about a 5 star arena where the likely reward is a 2 star from a PC.

The game and most of its community certainly most of the community that will contest this arena have long outgrown PC shards im not saying it needs to be an enourmous amount of 4 star shards but at least give something that is useful in the game
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 320 ★★
    Why wasn't this just made an uncollected arena?
    Why are PHC shards a reward at all in a 5* arena?
    Why doesn't Kabam draft these ideas and bounce them off the player base first before committing to them wholeheartedly (think champion beta test)?
    This is such an out of touch looking to as usual milk the whales. If you are free to play and hoping to get that top 150 good luck and have fun not sleeping ever.
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 320 ★★
    Also the best way to show Kabam how much we dislike this new arena is no one play in it at all (unlikely), but could also go the route of no one go much higher than bare minimum rank score and let the few points differential determine the ranks(also unlikely) instead of grinding profusely for 3 days and spending absorbent amount of units to hit that top 150 rank. End of the day the player base has the power to set cutoffs low or raise them high
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Time to retire everyone
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    There will be a huge gap between most players and top 150 in 5* featured arena. 4* is getting outdated unless you wanna play casually in AQ and AW
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Only 150 players around the world can get the Champion losing their life while trying? LMAO! Crazy news!
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    Time to retire everyone

These changes are making me question whether it's worth staying or not.

To me, this arena doesn't represent the chance to improve a roster through more shards but it represents the final nail in the coffin of our old champs. The goal posts are now in their resting place until the next change who knows when.

The 6* announcement gave us an expiry date, and this the new arena basically sealed the deal and the hamster wheels continues.

I just wish we had the illusion of progress. Re-labeling champs with a higher star is just too obvious for me.
  • Hi @Kabam Miike, I was waiting for this arena for a long time but not happy with it even with a roaster of total 280 heroes that include 27 5* & around 106 4*. 4* arena doesnt makes much sense to me either with the amount of heroes I have. The highest cut off should be around 90m coz 120m is gonna take forever. I humbly request you to please make it atleast chasable for us “average” players. I’m really not looking to get a featured 5* from this arena but the other shards should be achievable atleast. Thanks.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    When will we see an update to the catalyst arenas. There are really in a need to get an update in rewards and milestones? ;ight be close to the thing in the game that has the oldest milestone and ranked rewards. Every other part of the game has been updated besides this.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I'm a mid-tier player with no intention of going anywhere near this arena; and even I think the rewards are a bit rubbish.

For the people playing, I doubt PHCs or attends boosts are worth anything.

It didn't occur to you to throw some 3* or 4* shards in there? Some T4CC shard crystals?

Still, hopefully it will lower the cutoffs in the 4* arenas...
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Lol. 12 million as a final milestone is bonkers. And for 135 units. Come on Kabam. :D:D . Like what? Just Just what? :D:D .
    It should be something around 7 or 8 million or so. Sometimes we don't go for rank rewards yunno just the milestones. And when someone goes for milestones in a specific arena, it generally means a relaxed, slow and smooth grinding. But in this case, just to cover the milestones alone, you need to grind like hell. :D:D . I'd have no problems with the 12 million milestones if it totaled to about say 500 - 900 units and one or two GM crystals. But we're getting prems and 135 units.. Just just what? :D Me I generally like to grind all three champion arenas for the units. It's not very difficult with my roster but add this 12m milestones mayhem to the mix and I might as well kiss the other three arenas bye bye. :D

Kabam please reduce the milestone score or increase the milestone rewards. Rank rewards are okay.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Premium Hero Crystals for a milestones, what a joke! Should have been something more desirable like 4star shards or some rank up materials, nobody who can participate in this arena cares about premium crystals.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    @Kabam Miike what is the minimum score need to rank in arena? This was never mentioned.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Pry22 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike what is the minimum score need to rank in arena? This was never mentioned.

It’s written, 1M
  • War eanargy
  • The rewards are horrible
  • I was competing in the Four Star featured arena a while ago when I decided to check the blogs due to the tiresome grind. Read this announcement to my surprise. Was excited at first, until I saw the horrible milestones and the even worse rank rewards. I will not be competing until they update the rewards. The top rank is ridiculous, what the hell is it? The top 800 get the 5* feature?? Are you kidding me? What they should do is make it the top 10%, and the milestones are ridiculous. What they should be giving is freaking tier 4 class catalyst crystals then I'll look into it. Wish kabbam would listen to reason, before dropping this bs on us.
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 67
    edited February 2018
    As an anti-milked-non-whale I think the arena is good.
    I've always been keen on as many concurrent arenas as possible to spread out the whales.
    Yes , I'll never have any hope ever to get a featured 5*, no matter how much I spend, but tbh, who cares I've got my amazing 5* Iron Patriot dupe (starts crying), but it does get the big whales out of the featured and basic 4* arena so we might be able to pick up some good crumbs!
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    The other arenas have at least milestones worth going for. To have a 12 mil milestone and to get that trash for all the effort is ridiculous. Everyone wanted a 5* arena but u don’t give anyone a reason but the top 150 to even do this arena. Everyone’s time would be better used doing the 4* feature and basic arenas for the milestones. It adds up to more rewards for the time
  • I hope you are giving more POINTS per Arena win, those milestones are more than DOUBLE the 4* Featured, that's a LOT OF TIME to be spending in Arena. I know 6* will help compensate, but 12mil before you hit Milestones?????

Do you guys really want to be the game that people have to CHOOSE, over Work or School??? As it is, I sneak some playtime during lunch, but at those numbers I think your really hitting a dangerous area...
  • thetaman23thetaman23 Posts: 43
    I really hope Kabam takes this moment to wave the ban wand. I'm sure there will be people trying for 5* featured champs, by any means necessary.