Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

13435363739

Comments

  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    Buff sentry
  • Tsunani wrote: »
    Buff sentry

    Yup #buffsentry

  • Neroa65 wrote: »
    Blade is offsetting the game way more than Scarlet Witch could.

    I still have trouble believing that anyone saying this ever saw Scarlet Witch on a pre-12.0 crit team. Three star Scarlet Witch could do things 5* Blade can't do.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Blade is offsetting the game way more than Scarlet Witch could.

    I still have trouble believing that anyone saying this ever saw Scarlet Witch on a pre-12.0 crit team. Three star Scarlet Witch could do things 5* Blade can't do.

    I didn't just see her, I used her. She made people develop a "mash the button" play style. Just go in there, tap - tap - tap, you're pretty much done but that's all she had honestly. Mad crits, mad buffs and insane debuffs. However, I sincerely doubt that some new crazy "endgame" nodes such as those in later chapters of act 5 that you can blow through with Blade, that the old Scarlet Witch can go through it singlehandedly. That aside, she doesn't have a 5* version, not exactly top prestige in 4* either something blade is among the top 4 of as a 5*. Then there's the ability accuracy reduction. SW is much too dependent on luck as a major factor. Without a way to increase the amount of crits like a crit team, bringing her anywhere would be a mistake if "crit" luck isn't on your side. Blade on the other hand, bring your "holy trinity" and everything else is pretty much guaranteed. The other two are no slouches either. One is definitely one of the best regen champs there is and the other is no doubt one of the hardest hitting champ in the game right now.

    That been said, take a look at everyone with a maxed 5* champion. More than 65% of them all, ranked up blade. That ought to tell you something.

    This thread however is not about Blade or Scarlet Witch. It is about SENTRY and he's severely underwhelming. Saying some champs have to be weak when the likes of blade exist is just not fair. And of all Marvel heroes, one of the most powerful of all time had to be one of the weakest. Great Job Kabam.
  • Neroa65 wrote: »
    That been said, take a look at everyone with a maxed 5* champion. More than 65% of them all, ranked up blade. That ought to tell you something.

    It tells me Blade is really good for end game content. Scarlet Witch was good everywhere, at every level of progression, in the hands of every kind of player (as you put it, even tap tap tap players) which was what made her "offset" the game more before 12.0 than any champion before or since did, or probably even could.
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    This thread however is not about Blade or Scarlet Witch. It is about SENTRY and he's severely underwhelming. Saying some champs have to be weak when the likes of blade exist is just not fair.

    It is about Sentry, but if your point is "see, look at Blade" then it becomes about whether comparing to Blade, or SW, or any other particular champ, is a reasonable comparison. I don't think comparing Sentry to Blade or especially SW is going to get anyone anywhere productive.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited February 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    That been said, take a look at everyone with a maxed 5* champion. More than 65% of them all, ranked up blade. That ought to tell you something.

    It tells me Blade is really good for end game content. Scarlet Witch was good everywhere, at every level of progression, in the hands of every kind of player (as you put it, even tap tap tap players) which was what made her "offset" the game more before 12.0 than any champion before or since did, or probably even could.
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    This thread however is not about Blade or Scarlet Witch. It is about SENTRY and he's severely underwhelming. Saying some champs have to be weak when the likes of blade exist is just not fair.

    It is about Sentry, but if your point is "see, look at Blade" then it becomes about whether comparing to Blade, or SW, or any other particular champ, is a reasonable comparison. I don't think comparing Sentry to Blade or especially SW is going to get anyone anywhere productive.

    It is a matter of opinion. From what I see, they talk a lot about balance and yet the difference between the best and the worst (who btw shouldn't be the worst, at least everyone, including me thinks so) is an absolute mile and somehow they're supposed to all be useful one way or the other. Perhaps for you nothing productive will come out of it but not everyone sees it that way.
  • TAETAE Posts: 8
    Sentry is a god. Keep this thread alive. Keep posting. Carnage's waste isn't even close of Sentry's absolute wrack. He should be a god in the game. We are still a million miles away from that. Start from scratch. End of discussion. No matter what you say about your own universe, somehow not similar to Earth-616. Or else let us play a flying unicorn. If balance is needed, it's not the way to handle things, Kabam. Not at all. You don't take the character we have all been waiting for to "balance" the game. And leave us here, saying "working as intended". This is inaudible. Bring up some good news. Listen to your customers. What you did with Cage is good... Keep on the good work. Just make Sentry a priority now. He needs it. We need that.
  • Neroa65 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    That been said, take a look at everyone with a maxed 5* champion. More than 65% of them all, ranked up blade. That ought to tell you something.

    It tells me Blade is really good for end game content. Scarlet Witch was good everywhere, at every level of progression, in the hands of every kind of player (as you put it, even tap tap tap players) which was what made her "offset" the game more before 12.0 than any champion before or since did, or probably even could.
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    This thread however is not about Blade or Scarlet Witch. It is about SENTRY and he's severely underwhelming. Saying some champs have to be weak when the likes of blade exist is just not fair.

    It is about Sentry, but if your point is "see, look at Blade" then it becomes about whether comparing to Blade, or SW, or any other particular champ, is a reasonable comparison. I don't think comparing Sentry to Blade or especially SW is going to get anyone anywhere productive.

    It is a matter of opinion. From what I see, they talk a lot about balance and yet the difference between the best and the worst (who btw shouldn't be the worst, at least everyone, including me thinks so) is an absolute mile and somehow they're supposed to all be useful one way or the other. Perhaps for you nothing productive will come out of it but not everyone sees it that way.

    The only ones that matter are the developers, if your intent is to convince them to change Sentry. If your argument is that their past work doesn't give them the right to claim any argument for or against buffing Sentry, the odds of that argument succeeding should be obviously zero to anyone. No one convinces anyone of anything using that line of thought.

    But if you believe your powers of persuasion are such that you can convince the devs that since they are obviously idiots they should just do whatever you say, it is not my place to try to dissuade you. I'm not that deft with wielding irony.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited February 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    That been said, take a look at everyone with a maxed 5* champion. More than 65% of them all, ranked up blade. That ought to tell you something.

    It tells me Blade is really good for end game content. Scarlet Witch was good everywhere, at every level of progression, in the hands of every kind of player (as you put it, even tap tap tap players) which was what made her "offset" the game more before 12.0 than any champion before or since did, or probably even could.
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    This thread however is not about Blade or Scarlet Witch. It is about SENTRY and he's severely underwhelming. Saying some champs have to be weak when the likes of blade exist is just not fair.

    It is about Sentry, but if your point is "see, look at Blade" then it becomes about whether comparing to Blade, or SW, or any other particular champ, is a reasonable comparison. I don't think comparing Sentry to Blade or especially SW is going to get anyone anywhere productive.

    It is a matter of opinion. From what I see, they talk a lot about balance and yet the difference between the best and the worst (who btw shouldn't be the worst, at least everyone, including me thinks so) is an absolute mile and somehow they're supposed to all be useful one way or the other. Perhaps for you nothing productive will come out of it but not everyone sees it that way.

    The only ones that matter are the developers, if your intent is to convince them to change Sentry. If your argument is that their past work doesn't give them the right to claim any argument for or against buffing Sentry, the odds of that argument succeeding should be obviously zero to anyone. No one convinces anyone of anything using that line of thought.

    But if you believe your powers of persuasion are such that you can convince the devs that since they are obviously idiots they should just do whatever you say, it is not my place to try to dissuade you. I'm not that deft with wielding irony.

    Idiots? Hardly? By you, that may be what you perceive from my statement above but that doesn't even land anywhere near what I implied, which is why I said it is a matter of opinion.

    The argument here is that they say they seek balance, however the difference between poor and high end champs is not even close, not even by a long shot. And even Sentry specifically, the difference between him and whoever is second to him on the scale of useless is still pretty significant as far as I can tell, which is why he should be buffed.

    Besides the developers as the only ones that matter doesn't mean we aren't allowed to voice our opinions, because that is what this platform is for is it not? Whether said opinions is neglected or acted upon by said developer, will not negate the fact that we spoke out and are allowed to.

    Also, "whatever I say"? I think I am 100% sure that everyone unanimously thinks that Sentry should be buffed. Otherwise​ this thread will be long forgotten. Not sure what else I commanded the devs to do.
  • Neroa65 wrote: »
    Also, "whatever I say"? I think I am 100% sure that everyone unanimously thinks that Sentry should be buffed. Otherwise​ this thread will be long forgotten. Not sure what else I commanded the devs to do.

    What you said was the devs should make Sentry "super OP" as part of a larger scheme to introduce deliberately super OP champions on a regular basis.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Also, "whatever I say"? I think I am 100% sure that everyone unanimously thinks that Sentry should be buffed. Otherwise​ this thread will be long forgotten. Not sure what else I commanded the devs to do.

    What you said was the devs should make Sentry "super OP" as part of a larger scheme to introduce deliberately super OP champions on a regular basis.

    Is that it? Isn't everyone suggesting what comes to mind as to possible ways to make Sentry better? Besides I don't see how that stands as a command nor did you mention that your comment was about that specific statement.

    Now about my earlier statement, If you look at the way champs have been introduced, at least one out of four (in 2 months) is OP. If one is powerful and others are average, there's a sense of balance is there not? My idea, not command was that instead of waiting another 2 months give or take, maybe less maybe longer (post void) for another powerful champion, it could be Sentry. No one is expecting any continuous release of overpowered champions.

    While opinions are allowed and constructive arguments are enjoyed, I'd rather be asked what I mean and/or implying by a statement rather than be reprimanded because of an entirely different conclusion due to varying opinions.

    Above all else, Opinions and whatnot, SENTRY NEEDS TO BUFFED. At least that's why I have this thread bookmarked.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Sentry's alter ego is amazing. I absolutely love Void and he's useful almost everywhere. Sentry of course has nice synergies with Void because he should but Sentry is so bad that it's doubtful he'll even be used for his synergy. Hate to lose that spot. Many of us have tried multiple ways of using him in hopes of finding at least one redeeming use...cant say we've found one yet. To say he's disappointing is an understatement. Hard to believe the same people who brought us Blade, Void, All the Hulks thought he was a good idea. It's as if someone thought the bar wasn't low enough with Carnage...lol

    Totally agree, there is just something quite unbelievable when it comes to sentry. That being said, there isn't a huge spot for indestructible champions in the game but I wonder if we get him to sig 200 he has potential there. Maybe. I would actually be content if they just removed the line that forces you to drop suicides from his signature ability. Remove that and I would shut up. He needs a much bigger buff than that to be balanced but I would settle for that.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    Let's keep this growing, shall we?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 899 ★★★
    Sounds good
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,219 Guardian
    edited February 2018
    Idelest wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Sentry's alter ego is amazing. I absolutely love Void and he's useful almost everywhere. Sentry of course has nice synergies with Void because he should but Sentry is so bad that it's doubtful he'll even be used for his synergy. Hate to lose that spot. Many of us have tried multiple ways of using him in hopes of finding at least one redeeming use...cant say we've found one yet. To say he's disappointing is an understatement. Hard to believe the same people who brought us Blade, Void, All the Hulks thought he was a good idea. It's as if someone thought the bar wasn't low enough with Carnage...lol

    Totally agree, there is just something quite unbelievable when it comes to sentry. That being said, there isn't a huge spot for indestructible champions in the game but I wonder if we get him to sig 200 he has potential there. Maybe. I would actually be content if they just removed the line that forces you to drop suicides from his signature ability. Remove that and I would shut up. He needs a much bigger buff than that to be balanced but I would settle for that.

    I wouldn't settle for that, mostly because if anything is going to be done with Sentry, I feel it should benefit everyone who pulled Sentry and most players don't run suicides. And running suicides to specifically buff one champion is, well, suicidal for most players when they are playing non-immune champions.

    One of my balancing rules is: min/maxers can take care of themselves, it is everyone else we have to worry about. Sentry can be min/maxed into mediocrity, but he'd still be broken for everyone else. I think if we advocate for things to work properly for the 90% of players that have average skills and average mastery setups, it'll work out in the end for the higher end players automatically.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 429 ★★
    Tsunani wrote: »
    Let's keep this growing, shall we?

    Yes let’s do that, really hoping for a Sentry buff, saved a lot of shards for him and was hyped when I pulled him, now have complete disappointment especially when compared to Void, Gulk and Modok.I got the bad end of the stick ;(
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Tsunani wrote: »
    Let's keep this growing, shall we?

    Yes let’s do that, really hoping for a Sentry buff, saved a lot of shards for him and was hyped when I pulled him, now have complete disappointment especially when compared to Void, Gulk and Modok.I got the bad end of the stick ;(

    Yep. Same for me. Really hoping he gets buffed one way or the other. I still think it's all about increasing his % from 30% to much much higher. And Unique Synergies imo should not be the way either because not everyone is a whale that can get loads of featured crystals and grab a new champ the day they're released and not everyone as well can go for featured champions in the arena. Some have to wait till they show up as basics.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Idelest wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Sentry's alter ego is amazing. I absolutely love Void and he's useful almost everywhere. Sentry of course has nice synergies with Void because he should but Sentry is so bad that it's doubtful he'll even be used for his synergy. Hate to lose that spot. Many of us have tried multiple ways of using him in hopes of finding at least one redeeming use...cant say we've found one yet. To say he's disappointing is an understatement. Hard to believe the same people who brought us Blade, Void, All the Hulks thought he was a good idea. It's as if someone thought the bar wasn't low enough with Carnage...lol

    Totally agree, there is just something quite unbelievable when it comes to sentry. That being said, there isn't a huge spot for indestructible champions in the game but I wonder if we get him to sig 200 he has potential there. Maybe. I would actually be content if they just removed the line that forces you to drop suicides from his signature ability. Remove that and I would shut up. He needs a much bigger buff than that to be balanced but I would settle for that.

    I wouldn't settle for that, mostly because if anything is going to be done with Sentry, I feel it should benefit everyone who pulled Sentry and most players don't run suicides. And running suicides to specifically buff one champion is, well, suicidal for most players when they are playing non-immune champions.

    One of my balancing rules is: min/maxers can take care of themselves, it is everyone else we have to worry about. Sentry can be min/maxed into mediocrity, but he'd still be broken for everyone else. I think if we advocate for things to work properly for the 90% of players that have average skills and average mastery setups, it'll work out in the end for the higher end players automatically.

    It's a good point, and I agree with you, removing that line from his ability wouldn't fix the character, but I'm desperate here and I just want to at least have the opportunity to use him whatever the cost. I feel like if I can convince them it's low hanging fruit something might get done before 2020
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 938 ★★★★
    His states should cycle like DS or be changable like WS, SpiderG, etc.

    And make his regen like mephisto, you are almost KO'd? You use the RW's and gain 20% for each RW.

    However if you have a debuff while the regen is happening, it won't proc, that will prevent him from being OP.
  • I want to rank mine up so bad lol he was always so awesome in the comics and he looks cool and his combos and specials look cool. He is just so underwhelming I can’t justify adding any more recourses into him. It’s very sad what you have done to him kabam.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 524 ★★★
    Mattikus42 wrote: »
    I want to rank mine up so bad lol he was always so awesome in the comics and he looks cool and his combos and specials look cool. He is just so underwhelming I can’t justify adding any more recourses into him. It’s very sad what you have done to him kabam.

    I feel the same way! I can't waste valuable T4Cs on an underwhelming champ. He needs the attention they gave Luke and Rulk - like now!
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 938 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    The logic behind these comic book characters in this game is flawed. I read constantly from the gaming team, that human champions would not be able to stand against superhuman beings.

    Problem is, nobody told you to make Black Widow the way she is, or any other champion, but their abilities are helpful and needed. However, in the same comics you see humans fighting super powered beings all the time, so that is actually a very invalid point.

    What I'm trying to get at, it's the fact that there are marvel characters that are clearly more powerful and SHOULD be designed and treated as such, I.E:

    1. Sentry
    2. Red Hulk
    3. Void
    4. Hulk
    5. Rogue
    6. CABLE
    7. Archangel
    8. Psylocke
    9. Iceman
    10. Deadpool
    11. Magneto
    12. Old Man Logan
    13. Wolveirne
    14. PHOENIX
    15. Hyperion
    16. Thor
    17. Superior Ironman
    18. Black Bolt
    19. Venom
    20. Ronan
    21. Vision
    22. LOKI
    23. Ghost Rider
    24. MEPHISTO
    25. Dormammu
    26. DR STRANGE
    27. Scarlet Witch

    These are all champions that because of their power from their source materials, should be very very strong, in some cases either close to, or the best in their class. This is common comic book logic, which I know that it doesn't play in this game and that is fair.

    But this game is also built on certain expectations from us as fans to see a somewhat accurate depiction of these characters. You read any comic about Sentry and Void and you know they are RIDICULOUSLY powerful. Why is hyperion so powerful, yet Sentry is weak?

    What is even MORE IRONIC, it's the fact that the EVENT QUEST ITSELF pushed him as being so strong he trashed the original 12 contestants of the contest, yet in game he is extremely below average.

    It honestly felt like a blatant troll, wether or not it was the companies intention I do not know, but it's hard not to reach that conclusion.


  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 429 ★★
    edited February 2018
    You know a champ is really bad when more than a month goes by and people are still complaining about how bad he is
  • You know a champ is really bad when more than a month goes by and people are still complaining about how bad he is

    Right?! It’s ridiculous
  • Buff Sentry Now!!! You guys should never release a terrible hero like him! Games been out almost 3 years and that is what you consider a great “Momentum” hero?!!?? Cmon guy, we waisted tons of 5* shards for a big fat useless turd! Thanks for nothing. Tell your design team to the failed miserably on Sentry!!! Terrible! Should be embarrassed to release such a terrible hero!
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,846 ★★★★
    GraveOne7u wrote: »
    Buff Sentry Now!!! You guys should never release a terrible hero like him! Games been out almost 3 years and that is what you consider a great “Momentum” hero?!!?? Cmon guy, we waisted tons of 5* shards for a big fat useless turd! Thanks for nothing. Tell your design team to the failed miserably on Sentry!!! Terrible! Should be embarrassed to release such a terrible hero!

    I'm not sure what's more disappointing, Sentry or the fact they actually made him. At this stage in the game Kabam shouldn't be making such a horrible champ. Confuses the heck out of me how the same people that made him then make Void and Rags hulk. They need to fix him ASAP because he's absolutely useless. They actually had to lower the bar for his introduction into the game.
  • DaMunk wrote: »
    GraveOne7u wrote: »
    Buff Sentry Now!!! You guys should never release a terrible hero like him! Games been out almost 3 years and that is what you consider a great “Momentum” hero?!!?? Cmon guy, we waisted tons of 5* shards for a big fat useless turd! Thanks for nothing. Tell your design team to the failed miserably on Sentry!!! Terrible! Should be embarrassed to release such a terrible hero!

    I'm not sure what's more disappointing, Sentry or the fact they actually made him. At this stage in the game Kabam shouldn't be making such a horrible champ. Confuses the heck out of me how the same people that made him then make Void and Rags hulk. They need to fix him ASAP because he's absolutely useless. They actually had to lower the bar for his introduction into the game.

    Right?! For shame kabam! For shame!
This discussion has been closed.