**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Attacker Bonus issues

uu4kvqkbo6br.png
6j2ggbbgphk5.png

So we lost this last war, not disputing the loss seems like that would have happened regardless. But the attacker bonus seems very off. We had a total defender kill of 78 but somehow that translates to an attacker bonus for them of 446, meaning they only died 4 times. Looking at the defender kills from the war. 25 12 and 6 were defender kills from 3 different players. If we assume all those kills were from one champ (which they weren't) that would mean a reduction in the attacker bonus of 9 from the maximum of 450. Following that similar reasoning, just from the screen shots I've shown the attacker bonus would be a minimum reduction of 23 to give them 427 at the very most and not 446.

As I'm not sure how their defender kills were spread out I can't say what our maximum would be but I'm assuming it's lower than theirs. And yes I've tried going to support over this but they seem to be unable to see a mathematical issue with this scenario.

Comments

• The maximum is not 450. I don't know what the maximum is, but I also used to think that it was 50 x 3 x 3 = 450. Evidently not as I have been seeing attacker bonuses as high as 470.
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 87
    How's that even possible? If you can get a maximum of 240 points by knocking out each defender the first time then the maximum you should be able to get is 36,000 points. 470 would over 37k points.
    l3zognk5si57.jpg
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    You prob get attacker points for every node even if no champ is placed on it.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Supermanoj wrote: »
    How's that even possible? If you can get a maximum of 240 points by knocking out each defender the first time then the maximum you should be able to get is 36,000 points. 470 would over 37k points.

Most likely it is including the empty nodes. There are 55 nodes in each battlegroup, so the maximum is probably 165 times the 240 or 39,600 points. Just my speculation.
    You shouldn't get an attacker bonus when there's no attacker there. That's what the exploration points are for. But you're right about that. They've included the empty nodes in the calculation and changed the scoring system to what was originally posted. They would have lost 49 from the attacker bonus in that last war according to my calculations. So instead of the maximum being 450 it's 495 now. @Kabam Miike has this been intentionally changed or it's another bug?
    Doesn't make much sense to me to have an attacker bonus given just for passing through an empty node. Most of our previous wars have been either clear wins or clear loss. So this was the first time I paid attention to the attacker bonus side of things and was going by what the original post said.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    It gives points for empty nodes because otherwise we run into the empty map problem again. If only the boss is placed, then you get no attacker bonus for the entirety of the war, and any deaths you suffer clearing your map will only hurt you. That would drop your score by 36k points, or nearly 2 boss kills.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    55 Nodes
    Each node has 3 attacker bonuses
    55 x 3 = 165

Three battle groups, consisting of 165 bonuses

495 TOTAL attack bonus
    They lost 44 total attack bonus on you
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    You shouldn't get an attacker bonus when there's no attacker there. That's what the exploration points are for. But you're right about that. They've included the empty nodes in the calculation and changed the scoring system to what was originally posted. They would have lost 49 from the attacker bonus in that last war according to my calculations. So instead of the maximum being 450 it's 495 now. @Kabam Miike has this been intentionally changed or it's another bug?

You should. Otherwise not placing defense is a good way to prevent the other team from getting attacker bonus points, which would make not placing defense yet again a strategy to win.
    Ok but I'm referring to the original post the put out. 450 total for attacker bonus. Not 495. Unless they put out a statement saying they changed it, they made it out that it would be based on a maximum of 150 defenders placed. Not based on the 55 total nodes available to place in for war. While I get what you guys are saying it's misrepresentation from what they originally posted.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Ok but I'm referring to the original post the put out. 450 total for attacker bonus. Not 495. Unless they put out a statement saying they changed it, they made it out that it would be based on a maximum of 150 defenders placed. Not based on the 55 total nodes available to place in for war. While I get what you guys are saying it's misrepresentation from what they originally posted.

Wrong. They said from the beginning that empty nodes would give full attack bonus.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36645/alliance-wars-scoring-update-coming-december-13th#latest

Really? where in that post does it say 495. They said 450. So get your facts right.
  • Check your facts again Supermanoj, in that post it clearly stated that going through and empty node gives you the full attacker bonus of 240...SMDH noobs
    Are you actually blind? Look at the TABLE that THEY provided. Who's the noob here that can't even see the figures? Look at the screen shot posted above. You're obviously incapable of reading numbers if you can't make sense of a simple table.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Are you actually blind? Look at the TABLE that THEY provided. Who's the noob here that can't even see the figures? Look at the screen shot posted above. You're obviously incapable of reading numbers if you can't make sense of a simple table.

Ok so the picture is wrong clearly, but as you have been told numerous times that empty nodes get full attack bonus. Accept that as the reason why they were capable of that attacker score and move on.

And why shouldn't get attacker bonus for empty nodes? If you didn't, then teams would just not place defenders and guarentee up to almost 40k point advantage. Teams would win by not placing defenders.

How many times as the above been told to you in different ways? smh...

Asks a valid question>gets perfectly valid answers>dismisses answers = trolling