**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hulk Ragnarok's "Face me" bug! [with detailed proof]!

KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
x155fu6vsvd9.jpg
nme3tuh3jdch.jpg
nr2i07m7b996.jpg

As you can see, I'm regaining back only 40% of the damage taken instead of 80% ( I have recovery max "+15%")

edit: Other side notes ::
* this is sig 8 Gulk at 5/50 vs sig 200 Magik 5/65
* although I'm sure this is not important but I will share it anyway : I'm using iPad mini 4 with iOS 11.2.5 using latest version of the game "17.0.2"
* here is the whole video of the fight that I take photos from : https://youtube.com/watch?v=lhE51xKQrqA&feature=youtu.be skip to 0:30
* this is in Dual (same thing happened in war https://youtube.com/watch?v=J3ejcoiS9Bo )

Comments

• Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    edited February 2018
    Seems wierd.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    So you are referring to the recoil damage only, right
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    yes, the bug is related to recoil damage
  • I'm not sure you can call that a bug. The wording of the description is ambiguous at best as it really doesn't explicitly state ALL damage taken, just damage. It also doesn't explicitly state which damage type you recover from. Call me pedantic, but the choice of wording matters as I interpreted it to mean you only recovered from the damage over time and not ALL damage taken while under face me. I don't use recoil so I never knew you regened some of the health back if you did, and I don't see him regen from all damage over time debuffs either (coldsnap can be considered both passive and active, as he does nothing to gain it at the start of the fight, but be awakened).

Hyperion still has a description that states he has a cosmic overcharge that doesn't actually exist, in his description, so I take those descriptions with a salt block (a grain is way too small). The written descriptions on a lot of these abilities are really poorly worded and I doubt they will ever go back and clarify the ones that are ambiguous like this. Just another example of poor quality control.
    I'm not sure you can call that a bug. The wording of the description is ambiguous at best as it really doesn't explicitly state ALL damage taken, just damage. It also doesn't explicitly state which damage type you recover from. Call me pedantic, but the choice of wording matters as I interpreted it to mean you only recovered from the damage over time and not ALL damage taken while under face me. I don't use recoil so I never knew you regened some of the health back if you did, and I don't see him regen from all damage over time debuffs either (coldsnap can be considered both passive and active, as he does nothing to gain it at the start of the fight, but be awakened).

Hyperion still has a description that states he has a cosmic overcharge that doesn't actually exist, in his description, so I take those descriptions with a salt block (a grain is way too small). The written descriptions on a lot of these abilities are really poorly worded and I doubt they will ever go back and clarify the ones that are ambiguous like this. Just another example of poor quality control.

do you know that I can take sp3 while under DOT effect, and I can recover back 80% of it? this is clearly a bug related to suicide mastery, probably mathematics error while programing
  • Hey everyone!

I've passed this along to the rest of the team. Once it's looked over more and I have a further update, I'll be back to share what I know. :)
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Karinshi wrote: »
    Why would you bring this up to anyone?
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    It is a bug. If we wanna say that Recoil doesn't consider as "Damage Taken" when Face Me is active, then he should recover 40% in the first place.
    It's clearly a bug. Damage Taken = Damage that you take = All damage.
    Great details in explaining it, @Karinshi. Nice
    buffajr wrote: »
    Karinshi wrote: »
    Why would you bring this up to anyone?

so that they can fixit, duh?
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    It is a bug. If we wanna say that Recoil doesn't consider as "Damage Taken" when Face Me is active, then he should recover 40% in the first place.

thanks for sharing your opinion, glade someone is acknowledge it, hopefully it will be fixed soon
    Hey everyone!

I've passed this along to the rest of the team. Once it's looked over more and I have a further update, I'll be back to share what I know. :)

Thanks, please share any further updates regarding this bug as soon as possible
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    @Karinshi Winner for best detailed explanation and proof of concept.
    @Karinshi Winner for best detailed explanation and proof of concept.

thank you ;-)
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

correction: then he shouldn't recover 40% in the first place.

correction: then he shouldn't recover 40% in the first place.

re read the OP again, and hmmmm, again, until you see what was my point !!
    thanks for your opinion anyway ;)
    Any update regarding this bug from Kabam team?
  • It's being investigated for a fix. No further update at the time.
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    It's being investigated for a fix. No further update at the time.

"being investigated"
    It's being investigated for a fix. No further update at the time.

thanks for your replay, please keep us updated when there is any news regarding this
    why it's not fixed yet? nor recognized as a bug under investigation or to be fixed in the next patch?
    this is a math bug that literary takes 5 min to fix.
    I invested money to get my 4* Gulk, you know? we all did -who got him-.
    Still waiting for an update on this
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    To be honest, the easy fix for this is only have glad hulk regen 70% of any damage over time effect rather than 70% of all damage taken while “Face Me” is actve. Which is probably what was intended in the first place. Cuz in all honesty, you shouldn’t even get health back from the recoil mastery. But if you have the masteries that cause bleed and poison, you SHOULD get health back. But what do I know? I can’t even get these champs lol...
  • Apologies for a delay on this. I know it's been a good minute since our last update on it, but we're currently working on a fix for it. Once we have more on the release for it, we'll update again.
  • Hey gang -

Got an update. We pushed a fix for this and it should be working properly. Can someone let me know if you're still running into this?

We're investigating at the moment a different bug that you can find here, to not be confused with it: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/53815/gladiator-hulk-doesnt-trigger-face-me-against-degen-under-investigation/p1?new=1
    just test it out, and indeed it has been fixed
    thanks for your hard work
This discussion has been closed.