**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Matchmaking is ridiculous

Am I the only one that feels the arena matchmaking system is ridiculous? I mean if you use your lowest guys at around a 13-15 streak your matches against opponents that are at minimum 3-4 times higher rating. Can this be fixed or are we just screwed over?

Comments

• 1rp4n60lofgp.png
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    You must be new. That’s the way it’s always been. You need to get some of your champs maxed out, or better yet at least 3 Four Star 4/40s that you are willing to pay units to refresh to get up to or past the 16th fight or so. It’s called an Infinite Streak. And even once you get there you have to keep your teams above a certain PI level to not get a “death squad”.
  • I’m not new haha, I’ve had an old account before but I’ve had this complaint since this game came out. I know the infinite streak method as well, I’m just saying that it’s conpletely ridiculous that the match making has to be set up like that.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I never place a team less than 6600 once I hit infinite streak in arena..that's roughly 2200 per champs
  • Yeah but I’m impatient haha I don’t like waiting around for the timers and I’m not wasting units to bypass it haha
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    You don't need to wait for timers when you level up enough champions to enter infinite streak in one session. Just a hint
  • Oh yeah I know lol I use to play before but stopped for awhile and forgot all my log in info lol
  • Dark4geDark4ge Posts: 3
    So, does anyone know the rationale for the players that don't have a strong enough team? i.e. newer players that can't constantly field a 6600pi match?

Currently I just fight up to the "death squad" point, die, curse loudly, and start again from zero win streaks with my next set of 3*/15's etc :)
    Is this what I am expected to do?

Also @Merc1077 - what timers? the stamina refresh? or are there more weird Arena rules Kabam don't explain?

TIA
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Dark4ge wrote: »
    So, does anyone know the rationale for the players that don't have a strong enough team? i.e. newer players that can't constantly field a 6600pi match?

Currently I just fight up to the "death squad" point, die, curse loudly, and start again from zero win streaks with my next set of 3*/15's etc :)

Also @Merc1077 - what timers? the stamina refresh? or are there more weird Arena rules Kabam don't explain?

TIA

yes that is what you should do until you develop a good roster
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Dark4ge wrote: »

TIA

We all had to do that to accumulate points, fight until you lose then start over. However, if you can play without getting hit and can bait out specials you can beat the death match.

It’s a tedious process but once you get some champs ranked above 3/30 it becomes a breeze, so just keep playing and have some patience. Everything in the game comes back around at some point in some way. The game is a marathon not a sprint.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Merc1077 wrote: »
    1rp4n60lofgp.png

Fights against a 1/10 four star are manageable with r1 three stars. Also you can sandbag( win 2 fights- lose 1) and still continue your streak
  • Merc1077Merc1077 Posts: 33
    @Dark4ge the wait timers for the champs. If you’re not in an alliance then you have to wait around for them to get stamina back or pay units. I’m impatient but I need my units for act 5 hahaha
  • DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    you dont have to join a hardcore alliance. join a chill one that knows that not everyone will participate in wars and quests, but active enough to help with cooldowns. Besides you do have 3 days to do the arena. The first day is just getting to the infinite streak and the other days is using 3/30 champs or higher, if doing the basic champ arena.
  • Dark4geDark4ge Posts: 3
    Thank you for your responses - much appreciated :)
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    that looks easy