**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

King Groot surprising Killmonger counter...

In my master and uncollected runs on Killmonger, I had to look long and hard at my roster for decent armor breakers to avoid his darn damage reflection when I noticed King Groot can inflict permanent armor break with his S1 as long as he has a fury. This ended up making Killmonger so much easier, especially with how defensive he is I could sit back and regen as needed.

Comments

• XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Cool
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Thanks! Any video to share?
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    No video, sorry, not set up for it. But for what it's worth, I was using a 4* 4/40 King Groot and on the uncollected Killmonger and only needed a few revives to get through it. Would have been less but I still wasn't that used to his moveset.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Jay_Ibero wrote: »
    In my master and uncollected runs on Killmonger, I had to look long and hard at my roster for decent armor breakers to avoid his darn damage reflection when I noticed King Groot can inflict permanent armor break with his S1 as long as he has a fury. This ended up making Killmonger so much easier, especially with how defensive he is I could sit back and regen as needed.

Medusa paired with Karnak has a killer armor break. But ended up using mostly Archangel as his fights are shorter.
    I had trouble using AA on him with how defensive he was I could never get a parry in to land heavies and wrack up bleeds/poisons/neurotoxins. Plus on uncollected he has cornered for increased power gain when taking ongoing.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I had trouble using AA on him with how defensive he was I could never get a parry in to land heavies and wrack up bleeds/poisons/neurotoxins. Plus on uncollected he has cornered for increased power gain when taking ongoing.

True, on Uncollected I ended up using all my champs on him anyway. With sparky I can make him use his specials, at least. But in the end, I usually go with the ones that make more damage faster.

Nice to know about King Groot. Does he need to be awakened?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

True, on Uncollected I ended up using all my champs on him anyway. With sparky I can make him use his specials, at least. But in the end, I usually go with the ones that make more damage faster.

Nice to know about King Groot. Does he need to be awakened?

KG only needs to be awakened if you want his regen.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    He’s also bleed immune. And you can use his SP2 on a blocking killmonger to remove his SP1 buffs
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Symbiote Spidey is not bad either. 80 sec armor break with a heavy atk.
  • Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    I used Thor and Medusa
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Thor and Symbiote spiderman are also pretty good
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I used the guy with cool specs, throwing stars, pistols and katanas.

But I will admit that KG is vastly underrated for a number of areas in the game.

Dr. Zola
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Yeah Thor, Medusa, or Hyperion are the best options for killmonger uncollected and otherwise. Kept his armour broken and kept pushing to sp2 and evading so made the fights easy
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yeah i thought about this too. But then I knew id be in a fight for 10 minutes trying to knock this dude down. l1 him one time, then spam the l3. game.....................................................over.
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    mightve been mentioned but Symbiote Spiderman has a super long armor break as well that can be helpful if people have him ranked up sufficiently.
  • I brought in Medusa (4/40) and she did not work for me since I got too nervous. I used Sym Spider and he is only rank 3/30 so he did not last long. HE works for me from time to time. I did not use SP1 power drain so I could push Killmonger to use his SP2 which was easier to evade. AA works very well for me.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I used r4 magik. Just kept him
    Power locked and living in limbo helped with the reflection damage. If I KOed with magik I used damage over time champs as his sp2 is super easy to evade. Keep pushing him to sp2 evade rinse repeat. GP sp3 wasn’t bad either.
    SKK65 wrote: »
    jt7v0v8yolw2.jpeg
    You mean this guy?

Yeah, though being awakened really makes a huge difference in his lasting power, fights just long as hell.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SKK65 wrote: »
    jt7v0v8yolw2.jpeg
    You mean this guy?

Bobby B? Is that you...