**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade?

I have a 4 star blade and I just don't see why everyone thinks he is the best. Don't get me wrong blade is a great champ but, I don't think he is even close to as good has people make him out to be. Blade is the most overrated champ in the game. The fact that people think he is better than starlord and stark spiderman drives me crazy. I have all of them and blade has nothing on them. Why does everyone think he is the best?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Is yours duped? Is he r5? Are you using the trinity synergy team? Have you played with him long? 4* isn't as good as a 5* version. Team him up with Ghost Rider and Stark Spidey and you have a great team. Blade is a very good champ on his own but is fantastic with his synergy teams.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Is yours duped? Is he r5? Are you using the trinity synergy team? Have you played with him long? 4* isn't as good as a 5* version. Team him up with Ghost Rider and Stark Spidey and you have a great team. Blade is a very good champ on his own but is fantastic with his synergy teams.

Yes he is r5. But unduped and has only stark spiderman synergy when I use him. I don't have a ghost rider.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's really good but yeah a little overrated. Being able to counter mystic wars was huge. He was the first to really do that plus ability reduction. Honestly for mystic wars I'd probably prefer Glad Hulk now, don't have to rely on synergies. I personally don't understand why people love his regen...its nice to have but not a game changer for me. I either seem to take very little damage or die..lol. I only have a r5 4* and he's great don't get me wrong and I'll have a few tries for him but if I pull him I probably won't rank him past r3 for a while. To each their own though.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Agree .. he is quite overrated..

The only difference is his danger sense has 45% chance to stop limbos and dormamu Degen.

Ofcourse that changes with synergies with ghost rider and starky.

Damage is ok. Useful for alliance wars that’s about it
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Agree .. he is quite overrated..

The only difference is his danger sense has 45% chance to stop limbos and dormamu Degen.

Ofcourse that changes with synergies with ghost rider and starky.

Damage is ok. Useful for alliance wars that’s about it

What about regeneration, and 90% debuff reduction depending on power bar and ofcourse the power gain.... Makes him beast......also..
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Pure trash(JK) his nice but not better then my 5 2/35 iceman but his unawakend also
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    I have a 4 star blade and I just don't see why everyone thinks he is the best. Don't get me wrong blade is a great champ but, I don't think he is even close to as good has people make him out to be. Blade is the most overrated champ in the game. The fact that people think he is better than starlord and stark spiderman drives me crazy. I have all of them and blade has nothing on them. Why does everyone think he is the best?

I have mine at R5 sig 99 and not until i got Ghost rider and dormamu did i realize how amazing he is. My stark spidey increases his danger sense and GR expands it to all villians while dorm expands it to all mystic. Ive melted through chaps on uncollected quest and act 5. Hoping to get 5* of him and starky.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    Ummm...ok there is a lot of confusion here
    Blade is highly rated cause he is the best go to guy for AW
    His regen wont help him in act 5 , cause act 5 are do or die, if he is a 4*
    But he is beast for AW.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Blade has tremendous utility, but if you’re looking for pre-12.0 Doc or SW, he is going to disappoint you. His bleed and power gain when used with DW is great, and the ability to (skillfully) trigger regen at will is useful. Add danger sense in and synergies. Add ability to shrug off.

As far as damage, he lags behind GwenPool and Stark Spidey, but there are obvious trade offs—regen and ability reduction versus bleed and incinerate and power lock versus sky high damage and evasion.

Bottom line is that there isn’t one complete champ anymore. But Blade is far from trash.

Dr. Zola
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    First of all this:
    t6ntw1bnkrmu.png

Second: The argument is that maybe Stark is over all better? So? Using him also makes Blade even BETTER. Throw GR in with all his utility and what is to complain about? Finding a synergy where ALL the champs are useful can be challenging.

As far as his regen, it becomes more useful as block dmg recovery for me or even for that Mordo who sits in the corner. I think I stand in this corner for a few seconds too and regen 2-3k health almost instantly. If I have to block though I'm getting 500 health ticks while I do.

He is not overrated and he brought some pressure on the wars where juggs, magik, mordo, mephisto, and YES even that Jerk head Modok were frustrating. Blade rips through them. Maybe he needs synergy for some of this but it is with a champ that many claim is better so throw him in too then!
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Blade is the best AW champion and it's not even close.

The most popular/top defenders in AW are arguably: Magik, Mephisto, Dormammu, Spiderman (classic), and Modok.

Blade has either a class or specific ability to give him an advantage against all 5 of these! Case closed.

AA can shutdown Magik, but struggles against Dorm. GP makes mincemeat out of the science champs but isn't as equipped for the mystics. Hyperion is at a class disadvantage against the majority of top AW defenders..

Stark SM and SL are great against any bosses, but no regeneration and no counter for Limbo....

Blade is the best AW champion and it's not even close.