**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there a certain trick to open Crystals?

I saw youtubers get four stars from phc from doing some trick? Is it real? If so, how to do it?

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    You tap the screen
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    There is no trick. The champ is decided at the moment you place the crystal or press the button to open. The whole spin is a visual effect. There were theories like... 3 years ago, but they have been proven wrong. It's all random.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    The only trick to opening crystals is the trick that youtubers play on gullible people to trick them into thinking that there is a trick to opening crystals a certain way to get a 4 star.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Not really it's just all about luck some people just get luckier than others and some have it come in cycles while others don't have any at all which is not that surprising considering how low the drop rate is.

My luck comes and goes and I've pulled a fair amount of them over my career including 5+ over the last few months.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I don't really believe this works, but I try it sometimes and a couple days ago I rolled Morningstar from a single phc.

When you open the crystal, watch how it flies onto the screen. You want it to come from the bottom right hand corner. From what I've heard it should cross the top left corner of the "OPEN CRYSTAL" button when it appears. For me, I use the intersection on the floor in the background as a reference point. If the crystal doesn't fly in above that spot, press the back button and try again. Then I place the crystal on the spinner and let it spin out. Again, not guaranteed, but I was super surprised to pull Morningstar, and this method has also gotten me 3 stars in the past. If you want to have some fun, try it out
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I don't really believe this works, but I try it sometimes and a couple days ago I rolled Morningstar from a single phc.

When you open the crystal, watch how it flies onto the screen. You want it to come from the bottom right hand corner. From what I've heard it should cross the top left corner of the "OPEN CRYSTAL" button when it appears. For me, I use the intersection on the floor in the background as a reference point. If the crystal doesn't fly in above that spot, press the back button and try again. Then I place the crystal on the spinner and let it spin out. Again, not guaranteed, but I was super surprised to pull Morningstar, and this method has also gotten me 3 stars in the past. If you want to have some fun, try it out

This theory was around 2 1/2 years ago. Many youtubers tested it and wasn't true.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »

This theory was around 2 1/2 years ago. Many youtubers tested it and wasn't true.

Shhh don't tell him that it was a hoax. Then we'll have no one to laugh at.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    There's no secret. The computer generates an outcome with each Crystal, and it doesn't matter if you open multiple, or click the Spin or Open. It's all up to the RNG. Although I had a laugh at the suggestions. Lol